During my last visit to the United States, I purchased a Blackberry Q10 phone brand new in the box never used before from an AT&T authorized seller. Being that I live and work in the Middle East, I had to request an unlock code so I can use the device overseas.
    The seller kindly processed my request through AT&T original unlocking services by providing the device’s IMEI number and receiving an authenticated unlocking code.
    After returning to the Middle East, I tried to unlock the phone by using this original unlock code but the code was not accepted.
    Contacting the seller back and forth with other services (AT&T, Blackberry, and unlocking code providers) I kept receiving the same nonworking unlock code over and over, and every time I feed it to the phone I end up losing an attempt out of 10.
    Now I only have 4 attempts left before the phone is completely locked to AT&T network.
    Please note that I contacted att customer service and they denied helping me because I am not an att customer, I also contacted blackberry support and they could not do anything because the phone is locked to att network, and the only ATT could help me with this issue.
    IMEI, PRD, and Unlocking code are available upon request,
    Thanks
    sameldin likes this.
    07-21-17 01:32 AM
    Do you get any errors when you're putting in the code? Are you sure it's not working? The screen usually doesn't say anything when you input the information. You just have to go to the unlock section to see.
    sameldin likes this.
    07-21-17 03:28 AM
    Not at all, the code is original and provided by ATT unlocking services, authenticated by their tech team and matching the IMEI of this phone. After entering the unlock code and losing an attempt out of ten, I get this message: This is an invalid MEP number and it is not provided by the original seller of the device.
    07-21-17 06:46 AM
    Did the seller actually forward you the email from ATT? Because clearly it's a wrong number according to that error message
    07-23-17 11:21 PM
    Yes the seller did forward the original AT&T unlock email notification and I myself when I tried to solve this problem with either blackberry or AT&T, I got directed to AT&T unlocking services and filed a claim to receive my IMEI's unique unlock code which matched the one I frist received from the seller (the non working unlock code). Right now I believe that this problem could be solved by BB support office as AT&T support office finally told me.
    07-25-17 07:36 AM
    Yes the seller did forward the original AT&T unlock email notification and I myself when I tried to solve this problem with either blackberry or AT&T, I got directed to AT&T unlocking services and filed a claim to receive my IMEI's unique unlock code which matched the one I frist received from the seller (the non working unlock code). Right now I believe that this problem could be solved by BB support office as AT&T support office finally told me.
    I agree... BB Support is probable your only option at this point. But getting support from BlackBerry for a Q10 in 2017, that is going to be the hard part. Best path is to have AT&T Support bump you up to BlackBerry support.... if in fact AT&T views the device as being "officially" under warranty. If they don't, then BlackBerry sure isn't... could probable buy a used unlocked Q10 for less than getting this resolved will cost you.
    07-25-17 08:49 AM
    I totally agree with you, but Q10 still an active product from BB and mine was brand new in a box and never used before...
    anyways, AT&T did what they could in order to help me solving this problem, now it's blackberry's turn to help and I am hoping to find support from their end.
    07-27-17 11:18 AM
    Problem solved by BlackBerry Technical Support team. Thanks to Jave and his team for their sincere efforts, my device was unlocked by a new generated MEP number.
    eshropshire likes this.
    07-28-17 11:29 AM