Hi there. Can apps which require a lot of permissions such as Uber and GoToMeeting (both Android apk installed on my passport) be gathering information even if not being used? Is there any way to stop this other than deleting them off the system?

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 02:53 PM
    Hi there. Can apps which require a lot of permissions such as Uber and GoToMeeting (both Android apk installed on my passport) be gathering information even if not being used? Is there any way to stop this other than deleting them off the system?
    If you have a BlackBerry Android phone, you can use BlackBerry's DTEK app to see how many times an app has accessed each permission. You can also deny permissions which you don't think are necessary.
    Last edited by BB-JAM215; 01-07-17 at 05:56 PM. Reason: mentioned BB Android phones
    01-07-17 05:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't know, maybe, I hope not.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 05:21 PM
    You can use BlackBerry's DTEK app to see how many times an app has accessed each permission. You can also deny permissions which you don't think are necessary.
    You have DTEK on your Passport? I want it too!

Posted via CB10
    DaDaDogg likes this.
    01-07-17 05:22 PM