Friends I'm a newbie on BlackBerry os. I switched to BlackBerry from android. I have installed an app named hi app lock. It asked to make it administrative like in android. After some time I uninstalled the app but it still locking my apps. I want to completely remove this app please someone help me.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 07:26 PM
    Friends I'm a newbie on BlackBerry os. I switched to BlackBerry from android. I have installed an app named hi app lock. It asked to make it administrative like in android. After some time I uninstalled the app but it still locking my apps. I want to completely remove this app please someone help me.

Posted via CB10
    Hello jagdeep and welcome to Crackberry! First off - could you post your device model and the OS it's running? And if you haven't rebooted it, do so; that may be all that it needs to stop the app function if the app itself is removed. If you have an older BlackBerry just pull the battery, wait a moment, then reinsert. If you have a newer BB10 model, either press and hold both volume rockers simultaneously until it reboots, unless you have a Z10 STL100-1, then hold the top button and press the restart option when it appears.
    06-14-14 10:22 PM
    Ive BlackBerry z10 running on 10.2.1.2941
    And yes I've rebooted my device several times but no success. I think I've to remove the app from adminstrative apps but I have not found the option. In android it is in security settings.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 10:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hi Jagdeep,
    Can you pls share the link for the app. I have been looking for an app to lock my IM clients like whatsapp, BBM and some apps of my choice. Would that be possible with the app you mentioned?

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 01:02 PM
    It's just crap not useful that's why I removed it. But if you want to try then search for hi app lock.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 04:17 PM
    You can try using Ghosts Commander http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/78977 to find and delete the files that are still left on the your phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 05:52 PM
    Ive BlackBerry z10 running on 10.2.1.2941
    And yes I've rebooted my device several times but no success. I think I've to remove the app from adminstrative apps but I have not found the option. In android it is in security settings.

Posted via CB10
    And just to clarify, you've deleted it by long-press on the app icon and tapping the trash can that appears in the corner?
    06-15-14 06:08 PM
    And just to clarify, you've deleted it by long-press on the app icon and tapping the trash can that appears in the corner?
    Yes I've deleted by tapping the trash icon.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 10:55 PM
    You can try using Ghosts Commander http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/78977 to find and delete the files that are still left on the your phone.

Posted via CB10
    In ghost file commander app it shows hi app installed but in manage section uninstall option is not highlighted. What to do???

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 11:16 PM
    Thanks friends...finally removed the app with the help of my apk android app.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jagdeepmarahar; 06-17-14 at 04:43 AM.
    06-16-14 03:59 AM
    what app did you used to remove hi app lock.i uninstalled the app but it still locked many apps.thanks
    11-18-14 03:56 AM
    Thanks friends...finally removed the app with the help of my apk android app.

Posted via CB10
    Having the same problem..... what app did you use. Thanks

say NO to... Android / IOS / Windows
    11-19-14 07:32 AM