...is what I'd like. I have no idea if this exists or if it's even possible. This would be useful when receiving "unidentified" calls that turn out to be important calls. I don't want to take all of these calls, but I'd also prefer not having to track someone down (who's making a string of calls and isn't necessarily available for an immediate call back) if the call is important. Specifically, I hate the potential loss of a business opportunity. Is anyone aware of such an app, or if this is even possible? Thanks
    07-25-14 02:27 PM
    Are you talking about visual voicemail?
    Genghis2k3 likes this.
    07-25-14 03:50 PM
    No such applications exists. Once a call is diverted to vm, there is no means of listening to it until you call in and retrieve it or listen to it via visual voice mail.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    Genghis2k3 likes this.
    07-25-14 03:56 PM
    Are you talking about visual voicemail?
    I'm not even sure what visual voice mail does, since I've never used it. But I'm talking about the ability to listen in while a message is being left - the way you could with an answering machine.
    07-25-14 04:08 PM
    No such applications exists. Once a call is diverted to vm, there is no means of listening to it until you call in and retrieve it or listen to it via visual voice mail.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    I was afraid that was the answer. Thanks
    07-25-14 04:09 PM
    Btw, is visual voicemail a transcription of the voicemail message - similar to Google Voice? If so I'm glad I never paid for it- Google Voice doesn't do well with accents.
    07-25-14 04:13 PM
    I'm not even sure what visual voice mail does, since I've never used it. But I'm talking about the ability to listen in while a message is being left - the way you could with an answering machine.
    Ah ok. I see what you mean. Yeah, VVM is not the solution here. Basically, what it is, is a convenient way to listen to your messages. You see a list of messages (phone numbers/contacts in the order they were received,) and you can choose to listen to whichever one in the list you want to. It allows you to bypass the oldest message and start with whichever one you want to hear. Then there are on-screen options for delete and call as well, and some carriers even offer transcription services.
    Genghis2k3 likes this.
    07-25-14 04:14 PM