Hello everybody,

Before my question about an android app I have to explain something:

To use Android apps on a new Blackberry there is already a good 'how-to' on crackberry.com

Many Android apps you can get from Google play store, and on an Android device you would install the Google play store app.
    But since Google Play store app does not work on Blackberry (like my Q10), there is also a simple solution called 'Snap', you do not need Google play store, you can find here: supportforums.blackberry.com

So you have a Blackberry device that can use android apps, like Q10, and you are now looking for a mobile security app on your Blackberry Q10, and have found your way in 'Snap' to the chinese android app '360 Security', and installed it (has more than 50.000.000 downloads. It even is written in english, and also in perfect german, which I find amazing, since most other software products from Qihoo are in chinese language only)

Besides the other useful things in the app, it also has an antitheft feature, making it possible to locate your device from your pc at home in case you have lost it.
    This looks interesting to me - but when I try to activate it, it asks for the Google play store app ... as mentioned above, this is not working on my Q10. (I want to make it clear though- as far as I found out, all the other features of '360 Security' work perfectly - as they are designed for!)

- Is anyone else using 360 Security on a suitable Blackberry (Q10 or Z10) and has successfully activated the Antitheft feature? How?

Thanks for your advice,

hardy
    10-05-14 03:37 AM
    Besides the other useful things in the app, it also has an antitheft feature, making it possible to locate your device from your pc at home in case you have lost it.
    Hi Hardy,

Not sure if you're aware, but you already have this feature on your Q10 in "BlackBerry Protect". If you visit BlackBerry Protect, you can monitor your devices location, play a loud noise remotely (Incase you lose your phone) and wipe your phones data.

You can try it right now, ensure Protect is enabled on your device under "Settings > BlackBerry Protect". Then log into to the Protect website with your BlackBerry ID.

Hope this helps? In future OS Builds, BlackBerry Guardian (Powered by Trend Micro) will scan Android apps being installed to ensure they're not malicious. There are other security apps available for BB10 via BlackBerry World.
    Last edited by sgt_snacks-64; 10-05-14 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Edited URLs
    10-05-14 04:57 AM
    Hi sgt_snacks-64,

thank you for the reply - you reminded me on something that I've already forgotten! I will look into this BB feature immediately,
    10-05-14 02:30 PM