I got my Dtek yesterday and I have hard time making calls sometime. Seems like the signal bar is low. At the same time, my Priv has no problem making calls. Anybody else having same issue?
    08-11-16 09:08 AM
    Guess that answers if they used any Paratek technology in it...
    raino likes this.
    08-11-16 09:22 AM
    No issues on mine.
    08-11-16 12:42 PM
    Guess that answers if they used any Paratek technology in it...
    Isn't the Priv missing it too?
    08-11-16 09:36 PM
    Isn't the Priv missing it too?
    I remember read on the BlackBerry website when the Priv first launched it's state Priv has paratek antena technology
    08-11-16 11:27 PM
    The DTEK50 is effectively a rebox so why it have a paratek antenna?

вℓαквєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση
    08-12-16 06:19 AM
    I remember read on the BlackBerry website when the Priv first launched it's state Priv has paratek antena technology
    Well, then they are doing a ****ty job advertising it...as usual. Not only is it not listed on ShopBB, it's not on BB's webpage for the Priv either.
    08-12-16 11:38 AM
    Yes I'm having troubles too. I rarely have more than 2 bars in my house where my old Z10 my wife's Z30 always have full bars. It's not dropping calls but the call quality is poor.
    08-13-16 01:04 PM
    Well, then they are doing a ****ty job advertising it...as usual. Not only is it not listed on ShopBB, it's not on BB's webpage for the Priv either.
    https://supportforums.blackberry.com...l/td-p/3143922

Found it ,from BlackBerry official word
    raino likes this.
    08-14-16 12:53 AM
    November 2015. I guess it takes longer to update a website than it does to sire a child.
    Uzi likes this.
    08-14-16 12:34 PM
    I'm having some data connectivity issues

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-14-16 12:39 PM
    I got my Dtek yesterday and I have hard time making calls sometime. Seems like the signal bar is low. At the same time, my Priv has no problem making calls. Anybody else having same issue?
    I am missing calls and sometimes out going calls are not connecting, the call just ends and have to call again. Never had these problems with other phones
    08-14-16 08:40 PM
    Even if they did say it did... how would you prove it? lol. 'Paratek Antenna' isn't as though they replaced the antenna with one that says Paratek on it and you can rip that sucker out and tell. Ultimately, it's nothing more than a software implementation. Some seem to think it's this magical antenna BlackBerry builds for only their devices, it's not.
    08-16-16 12:24 AM
    "Apart from the wider screen, the BlackBerry Z30 would debut the use of the Paratek Antenna Technology. This is something that is pretty new, especially in BlackBerry. But wait, what does this do?

The BlackBerry Paratek Antenna Technology refers to the number of proprietary advancements in antenna hardware and tuning technology that is aimed to improve performance especially in regions with low signal. The two key benefit that one can look forward to is faster data transfer rates and increased connectivity especially in places with poor network coverage.

If we look at Paratek, it actually uses its own version of barium strontium titanate, which is actually a thin-film dielectric ceramic that changes capacitance as voltage changes, to tune antennas. Their main goal was to improve the effectiveness of the phones antenna, to help it avoid dead spots, handle the growing amount of data that we want to use and minimize the whole family of death grip problems. Using the ParaScan, which is a 3- by 5-millimeter device that looks like a computer chip, it allows antennas to be tuned in very short time.

Not just software. So a device either has it, or does not. DTEK does not.
    08-22-16 12:46 PM