Hello, My phone locked itself up. I've had it for 2 years and never had this happen. I have no clue how to unlock the darned thing!
    I've been told that by hooking my Bold to my computer, and using the BB software, I can bypass the password issue to download my data to my computer. I tried that. Didn't work. The computer screen asked for my BB Password! I went into BB, used my ID and changed my BB password online but that has not transferred to my cell. I went to my provider and to 3 BB outlets - no one could help me. Any suggestions?
    Thank you.
    09-23-14 08:40 AM
    Hello, My phone locked itself up. I've had it for 2 years and never had this happen. I have no clue how to unlock the darned thing!
    I've been told that by hooking my Bold to my computer, and using the BB software, I can bypass the password issue to download my data to my computer. I tried that. Didn't work. The computer screen asked for my BB Password! I went into BB, used my ID and changed my BB password online but that has not transferred to my cell. I went to my provider and to 3 BB outlets - no one could help me. Any suggestions?
    Thank you.
    There is no way into a locked BlackBerry without the password, sorry. Changing your BBID login will have no effect on the device password.
    Thank you.
    There is no way into a locked BlackBerry without the password, sorry. Changing your BBID login will have no effect on the device password.
    09-23-14 09:20 AM
    The situation MAY not be hopeless. Once the device wipes itself hopefully you can restore your latest backup from BB Desktop Manager? Or BB Protect? You were backing up regularly right? Have you ever done an OS update on your PC? If so DM made an emergency backup at that point which you can find and restore. (search for *.bbb)
    09-23-14 09:29 AM
    That's why BlackBerry is secure. Once the phone is found/stolen by someone, the password can't be bypassed.
    You should resign. The data is lost.

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    09-23-14 09:37 AM
    That's why BlackBerry is secure. Once the phone is found/stolen by someone, the password can't be bypassed.
    You should resign. The data is lost.

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    Just to clarify this point, not even BlackBerry can access a locked device. That's how good the security is. Apple recently said they could not override a password-protected iOS 8 device ".....unlike our competitors......". Luckily (or unluckily, for someone in your position), BlackBerry is not one of those competitors to whom Apple was referring.

Cheers.
    09-23-14 02:17 PM