I like BB 10, but I still love BB 7. Especially my old 9930 which I no longer use. I've had Androids and an iPhone 5, but nothing has replaced my affection for my BB Bold 9930 w/BB os 7

n4bb.com/new-blackberry-7-bold-devices-planned/

This article claims Chen talks of having future BB 7 Bold phones, was he referring to the Classic? He said this around March or April of 2014 so I'm thinking no because the Classic was already in the works?

I am currently on the market for a 9900 (I have since moved from Sprint to T-Mobile)
    09-30-15 09:30 PM
    If bb10 is done soon what makes you think 7 isnt?

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2639
    09-30-15 09:41 PM
    I like BB 10, but I still love BB 7. Especially my old 9930 which I no longer use. I've had Androids and an iPhone 5, but nothing has replaced my affection for my BB Bold 9930 w/BB os 7

n4bb.com/new-blackberry-7-bold-devices-planned/

This article claims Chen talks of having future BB 7 Bold phones, was he referring to the Classic? He said this around March or April of 2014 so I'm thinking no because the Classic was already in the works?

I am currently on the market for a 9900 (I have since moved from Sprint to T-Mobile)
    Talk about moving backwards. You can still purchase already existing 9900 series phones, but to think that Blackberry will go back to making them, you are mistaken.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 10:10 PM
    I think that ended up being the limited production run of the 9900.

Regardless, BB7 makes BB10 look vibrant by comparison.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 11:09 PM
    They just came out with the BlackBerry Classic. Why in the world would they make a smaller version of it and call it the Bold? Come on now.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    09-30-15 11:13 PM
    Os7 does what they require.
    Copied some points from another thread because the explanation is not terrible.

Also BB7 still outsells BB10 to this day, some may point out the reason is because of price and availability, but I beg to differ, it may possibly be more towards the side of POSSIBLE resistance to change, or simply put, the phone is more intuitive than BB10, like the good ol' BB Storm, many feel it was rushed to market, it's a great OS, and the one thing it may have outdone BB7 is that it isn't limited by java.

The browser is faster, phone is better, camera, resolution etc are all aesthetic things by the PHONE. You make a 2015 version of the Bold and/or curve (might I add, at the time the #1 selling phones on the planet), many I feel will side with me that it will sell big time. Even more so in emerging markets that BB is trying to penetrate anyway.

Don't make a new Bold as smaller, make a BB Classic w/BB7! If I could change anything I'd make it a shade more narrow and a shade taller, maybe a 3.8 or 4.1 inch screen w/higher than 720X720 resolution.

A phone to be used as a phone, not a toy, calls, texts, emails, w/a few key, core apps. To the point, less fragmented.

1) It's a better PHONE than anything else available. Note I say phone not media platform.
    2) BIS saves people money who travel between borders.
    3) It's for work on call purposes it needs to answer calls and perform email/text function and nothing more.
    4) they are self employed, do dirty work and keep their phone inside a plastic cover so touch phone does not work well for them.
    PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    10-02-15 11:04 AM
    Os7 does what they require.
    Copied some points from another thread because the explanation is not terrible.

Also BB7 still outsells BB10 to this day, some may point out the reason is because of price and availability, but I beg to differ, it may possibly be more towards the side of POSSIBLE resistance to change, or simply put, the phone is more intuitive than BB10, like the good ol' BB Storm, many feel it was rushed to market, it's a great OS, and the one thing it may have outdone BB7 is that it isn't limited by java.

The browser is faster, phone is better, camera, resolution etc are all aesthetic things by the PHONE. You make a 2015 version of the Bold and/or curve (might I add, at the time the #1 selling phones on the planet), many I feel will side with me that it will sell big time. Even more so in emerging markets that BB is trying to penetrate anyway.

Don't make a new Bold as smaller, make a BB Classic w/BB7! If I could change anything I'd make it a shade more narrow and a shade taller, maybe a 3.8 or 4.1 inch screen w/higher than 720X720 resolution.

A phone to be used as a phone, not a toy, calls, texts, emails, w/a few key, core apps. To the point, less fragmented.

1) It's a better PHONE than anything else available. Note I say phone not media platform.
    2) BIS saves people money who travel between borders.
    3) It's for work on call purposes it needs to answer calls and perform email/text function and nothing more.
    4) they are self employed, do dirty work and keep their phone inside a plastic cover so touch phone does not work well for them.
    Did you really just say the Bold has a faster browser than the new BB10 devices?

10-02-15 02:02 PM
    No

Posted via CB10
    TJ Strozier likes this.
    10-02-15 02:19 PM
    You might as well as Microsoft to bring back XP, or Nintendo to start making NES/Famicom games again. BBOS has had its time and whether it's fans like it or not it is a dead OS.

Posted via CB10
    TJ Strozier likes this.
    10-03-15 08:35 AM
    My first Blackberry was the 9900 - got it unlocked on ebay in October 2014 from 100% rated seller who had replaced the phone with a different device. Bold 9900 is an awesome phone and superb for texting. The browser is slow, but I live in the country 5 miles from nearest AT&T tower - even with 1.5 bars, as a phone, it outperforms my 4s. One thing I noticed: when I'm using the 9900 to speak to another iPhone person, the call quality on my end can be iffy. That said, in May, I took the 9900 abroad to Kenya - got a local sim card and it was fantastic for calls and texts back to US. A few months ago, I bought the Q10 sprint branded, figuring when my 4s croaks, I'll sign up the Q10. I don't like it as well as the 9900. So, I bought the Passport - unlocked - will put it on AT&T. will use the 4s until it croaks then see what there is. But the OP can rest assured if they buy a 9900 secondhand from 100% feedback seller (buyer feedback does not count!) who knows their cell phones, OP will do okay. Do your homework, that's the bottom line. Make sure you know what you're buying, Communicate with the seller. You'll know by the answers you get if you want to spend money with that seller. Good luck

PS (this is the edit) - don't count on Chen & Co doing anything with BB7 - if anything, they're moving forward. Am really excited about the Passport - will be workhorse - I could have used it last weekend when I was stuck without internet where I was dog/house sitting for a friend for 4 days - yes, I could run up the road to wifi in nearest town, but on deadline and easier to work "at home" - you can open word docs etc on the 4s, but you can't edit them. The Passport - be still my heart! I will keep the 9900, however, because I love that little phone!
    Last edited by PonyCrazyKid; 10-03-15 at 11:05 AM.
    10-03-15 10:48 AM
    The Latest BlackBerry OS 7 device that's been released is the 9720. Which came out late 2013. I don't think there will be anything else from that OS since its so old.

Best advice would be to Purchase a 9900 or a 9720 if you really want the OS 7 feel but to be honest, a Classic with OS 10 will be a great upgrade.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on OS 10.3.3.271
    10-03-15 03:16 PM
    The Latest BlackBerry OS 7 device that's been released is the 9720. Which came out late 2013. I don't think there will be anything else from that OS since its so old.

Best advice would be to Purchase a 9900 or a 9720 if you really want the OS 7 feel but to be honest, a Classic with OS 10 will be a great upgrade.

Is the 9720 the same size as the Q10 or the 9900 series phones?

10-03-15 03:45 PM
    Is the 9720 the same size as the Q10 or the 9900 series phones?

9900. With a 2.8" screen.

10-04-15 12:00 AM
    I think if bb10 could mimic the user experience and efficiency of OS7.1 it would become the ultimate winner in all aspects. I would not mind a few features from the past plugged in (but very efficiently mind you) into the modern versions of BB10.

BlackBerry could easily sunset the older OS if they moves all what people loves about it to the new phones (the missing features that everyone has complained about time and time around)

But you have to live in the present, and the present dictates apps and media and work and communication and a phone. Bb10 has it all but missing a few points which we could live without but not be as happy as an iphone user would be with their phone. I wouldn't mind a faster BB10.4 to be honest.

Posted from a silver edition passport
    11-08-15 12:50 PM
    Can't say that I'm happy with my iPhone - it was fine new in Dec 2012 - Christmas special - and the 4s worked fine with iOS6 - but the phone was a lousy build - power/sleep button croaked within 5 months but I lived with it and the battery necessitated replacement -- but they required OS upgrade as they followed their repair script and iOS7 and the 4s haven't exactly jibed.

I tolerate the iPhone. I hate typing on glass. I'm not into apps.

If anything brings me joy, it's the BlackBerry. First 9900 and now the Passport SE -- sweet sweet sweet! The only complaint I have is not enough time to get really familiar with it - no worries because half the fun is getting there!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-16-16 10:37 PM