I'm on BIS. Is there an app that anyone has found that allows them to send and receive smime emails? I'm tired of carrying my iphone around to email other smime friends and family... any way at all to get s/mime? I don't even mind paying.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 06:30 PM
    Use a Descriptive Title
    This rule is simple; help us to help you. When you create your thread / post, think of it as if 'someone else' is reading it. With that in mind, make your subject lines related to the content of your post. Having a subject line of 'help' or 'now what', will not really help others later when they do a search for a particular issue. So, try to be a little more creative. Example: “My Facebook notification will not show in the hub” or “How do I use Glympse on BBM? ”
    02-28-15 09:08 PM
    [INFO]Use a Descriptive Title
    This rule is simple; help us to help you. When you create your thread / post, think of it as if 'someone else' is reading it. With that in mind, make your subject lines related to the content of your post. Having a subject line of 'help' or 'now what', will not really help others later when they do a search for a particular issue. So, try to be a little more creative. Example: My Facebook notification will not show in the hub or How do I use Glympse on BBM? [/INFO]
    I did dude. Stop spamming my posts please.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 11:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    For the record, I am not Spamming your posts. Creating one word threads does not help you get answers you may be looking for. If you've seen this message in previous posts, you may not realize that as CrackBerry Forums Moderators, it is our duty to change poorly titled threads or repair mistakes. It is also our job to try and help members learn to be better participants in the forums.

Most of the time, we are fine with doing this. But I'm trying to communicate that you need to do your part when you make a new thread. Thank you.

Related to your question, you say you're on BIS. It would help other members if your profile showed what device you are currently using. Not all guidance/information applies to all BlackBerry phones.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 03-01-15 at 12:14 AM.
    02-28-15 11:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    "SMIME" is not a proper title, and moderators don't spam threads, they assist members and the site, making the forum useful, searchable and informative.

Do not post complaints about Moderators. Mobile Nations has the highest regard for individuals who volunteer their time to be a Moderator. Every day, our Moderators read through hundreds of threads and posts, and all Moderator decisions are final. We trust any action a Moderator takes will follow our rules & guidelines. Please send a PM to a Moderator if you have questions about any Moderator action.

Abuse of a Moderator
    Our Moderators volunteer their own time and resources to make our communities awesome places to be. Abuse of Moderators will not be tolerated. If you have a complaint or issue with a Moderator, please bring it up privately via private message, or send an email or PM to either the Moderator Team Leader (pkcable) or our Community Manager (James Falconer).
    02-28-15 11:52 PM
    Well can I ask you what do you mean by "one-word" title? My title, in fact, has eight words and my question was pretty self-explanatory to the AVERAGE user I thought, but I'll concede that the OS could have helped. I'm on BB10 on a Classic. SMIME is only allowed on e-mails originating from a BES account as we all know which is why I didn't think the OS would have mattered as encryption privileges for email have always been the same for all devices. BlackBerry has never, that I know of, allowed a personal BlackBerry to use s/mime. My question is if anyone knows of a BlackBerry app in the BBW that allows for SMIME encryption. I await for a reply from someone who knows if there is an app in BBW that can do this.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 01:37 AM
    What he means by "one word title", is the one you created, which he edited to the descriptive one seen now.

I do not believe you need BES. Administrate your own MES email, and set the encryption on. I don't see any apps supporting S/MIME, but this app may be a solution for you:

PGpgp - BlackBerry World
    Umaima_B_Dia and BergerKing like this.
    03-01-15 06:57 AM
    What he means by "one word title", is the one you created, which he edited to the descriptive one seen now.

I do not believe you need BES. Administrate your own MES email, and set the encryption on. I don't see any apps supporting S/MIME, but this app may be a solution for you:

PGpgp - BlackBerry World
    I have that app. That's PGP and too messy for others to understand. How do I administrate my own MES? Is there a tutorial? And what is a MES?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 09:23 AM
    Microsoft Exchange Server, so you can create and administrate your own active sync email, with S/MIME encryption. How to I'm sure Microsoft covers on their site.
    03-01-15 12:34 PM
    Microsoft Exchange Server, so you can create and administrate your own active sync email, with S/MIME encryption. How to I'm sure Microsoft covers on their site.
    I have a school e-mail that's a microsoft exchange active sync but when I set it up as so there was no s/mime option. That's not what you are talking about is it?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 10:38 PM
    I have a school e-mail that's a microsoft exchange active sync but when I set it up as so there was no s/mime option. That's not what you are talking about is it?

Posted via CB10
    My understanding is the S/MIME is controlled by the admin at the email origin. Once requested the phone will have an option to run the encryption.
    03-01-15 10:57 PM
    I don't know of a current app but I think I read a post somewhat recently that said it's coming in 10.3.2 {someone found it in an early, early leak).

Posted via my gorgeous Passport
    03-02-15 01:23 AM
    You need to have some level of control over an email account in order to install S/MIME, including access to its certificate authority so it sounds like it's not going to be an option for you OP.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 05:19 AM
    You need to have some level of control over an email account in order to install S/MIME, including access to its certificate authority so it sounds like it's not going to be an option for you OP.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure what the costs involved would be, but it certainly is an option.
    03-03-15 11:20 PM
    Any sources about 10.3.2 with smime or was that just a rumor?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 08:24 PM
    Any sources about 10.3.2 with smime or was that just a rumor?

Posted via CB10
    See first post.

10.3.1? Moving on.

Posted via my gorgeous Red Passport
    03-05-15 09:10 AM
    See first post.

10.3.1? Moving on.

Is that for BIS?!

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 02:07 PM
    Is that for BIS?!

Posted via CB10
    I don't believe so. You'd have to ask the OP.

03-05-15 03:38 PM