I bought a used bbpassport from the previous owner who gave me his bb id and password when i was asked about his id and password while reactivating the phone,i entered it and didn't know about the anti theft protection at that time,the phone worked and after sometime,if i attempt to download apps i need on the device,it will request my id and password but when i enter it,it will display "incorrect id or password" after many attempts,i entered the incorrect screen security code to deactivate the phone so i can deactivate again,but during reactivation it's asking for the former owners id and password and when i enter it, the display msg will be "The user name and/or password is incorrect"
    I have called the previous owner i bought from and he told me that was the information he used in setting up the device when he bought it and never changed it till he sold to me.
    Pls what do i do in this case.
    11-22-16 06:53 AM
    The ID is not just a device ID but is part of BlackBerry's network.

If the previous owner changed it after he sold the phone to you, the phone is looking for that updated logon info. You need to ask him to logon to his account and delete that device from his BlackBerry Protect account. That should allow you to wipe the phone. If he doesn't have access to it and you don't.... the phone is now a nice brick.

For more info Getting started with Anti-Theft Protection in BlackBerry 10 OS version 10. | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog
    The ID is not just a device ID but is part of BlackBerry's network.

If the previous owner changed it after he sold the phone to you, the phone is looking for that updated logon info. You need to ask him to logon to his account and delete that device from his BlackBerry Protect account. That should allow you to wipe the phone. If he doesn't have access to it and you don't.... the phone is now a nice brick.

For more info Getting started with Anti-Theft Protection in BlackBerry 10 OS version 10. | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog
    11-22-16 08:59 AM