I asked this question about 17 hours ago over on AndroidCentral and have spent the day slowly watching it drop further and further down the forums with no reply. But, maybe it'd be better to ask here since we know how BlackBerrys work.

Is there a way on Android to duplicate BlackBerry's notification profile functionality? I use Phone Only every night in Bedside Mode, but also have some custom profiles setup that silences everything but BBM, another that silences everything but my employees, etc.

I tried a Galaxy S3 a few years ago and the lack of notification customization was the biggest of many things that drove me back to my BlackBerry. I have some Android devices running newer versions and know notifications have supposedly gotten better, but I didn't see a native way to do what I wanted to do.

The possibIlity/likelihood of the slider running Android has be ready to give Android another try, but this notification thing is the only thing I'm really unsure of.

I'd appreciate the help.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 09:00 PM
    From what I have read so far and not that I believe everything that I read but it has been said that there will be customization available for profiles and the message light will be present
    08-20-15 09:13 PM
    I asked this question about 17 hours ago over on AndroidCentral and have spent the day slowly watching it drop further and further down the forums with no reply. But, maybe it'd be better to ask here since we know how BlackBerrys work.

Is there a way on Android to duplicate BlackBerry's notification profile functionality? I use Phone Only every night in Bedside Mode, but also have some custom profiles setup that silences everything but BBM, another that silences everything but my employees, etc.

I tried a Galaxy S3 a few years ago and the lack of notification customization was the biggest of many things that drove me back to my BlackBerry. I have some Android devices running newer versions and know notifications have supposedly gotten better, but I didn't see a native way to do what I wanted to do.

The possibIlity/likelihood of the slider running Android has be ready to give Android another try, but this notification thing is the only thing I'm really unsure of.

I'd appreciate the help.

Posted via CB10
    I have a new lg g4 and i have added an app callled light flow to it to give it bb led functionality. Its still not the same and not as many profile choices. But it is workable.

Posted via my mobile
    08-21-15 04:52 AM