I am returning user to BB Passport. I am waiting on the release of the keyone and need to work with the passport til than. I already used the passport with android one year ago. But now I am frustrated as the android apps require very often a reboot in order to work. Does anyone experience the same? Is there a certain release I should use for installation of the Google stuff?
    03-18-17 08:29 AM
    I used to use the cobalt method for Android apps but I found they really drained the battery. The apps I liked were a novelty really and now play with them on a dedicated tablet. If you like the passport it shouldn't be for running Android apps, it should be about the productivity, speed and functionality for your communication needs.
    03-18-17 08:40 AM
    @mainely_linux: erm... For which application like WhatsApp, like office, like OWA? None of my standards app are based on BB OS.
    03-19-17 06:21 AM
    Sounds like BlackBerry is not for you. Everyone's needs are different. I've never tried WhatsApp, I used bbm and sms only. For office i use a desktop pc - word, excel and vb only. You may need an Android or Apple device if you rely on some of these items from a mobile perspective.
    03-19-17 09:34 AM
    Download what you need off Aptoide. I have Office etc.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-17 01:10 AM
    I am returning user to BB Passport. I am waiting on the release of the keyone and need to work with the passport til than. I already used the passport with android one year ago. But now I am frustrated as the android apps require very often a reboot in order to work. Does anyone experience the same? Is there a certain release I should use for installation of the Google stuff?

1) Passport is running a four year old version of Android that isn't pure Android and of course there will be "issues".
    2) I've found Cobalt's Google Play store and patching tools to be the "best" solution that BlackBerry users can expect.... but it's far from what real Android users with modern hardware are able to achieve.
    3) BB10.... doing a clean install without a restore - can work wonders for it's functionality.

All that said.... what OS are you on, and what Apps are you having issues with?
    03-21-17 07:44 AM