So I have both snap amazon and Google play store installed which one is better to install android apps?

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 10:00 PM
    You do not need snap for Amazon apps. I guess it depends, if you are going to use apps from Playstore that required Google, you will need snap of course. According to my close friend, an app developer, Amazon is the #1 place to go to place an app these days, not Playstore.
    07-24-15 08:24 AM
    The only one I trust is snap. Amazon apps are garbage and have so many ads in there, they are practically worthless. and who wants to bother installing google play store?
    07-24-15 08:26 AM
    i personally prefer cobalts gplay store vs snap as more apps run and ignore the google play services error.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    07-24-15 08:33 AM
    Cobalt Google play store

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 08:36 AM
    Keep all of them, what's the big deal? And then it depends on the app: some, I've found, work better if downloaded from snap, others - if downloaded from google play store.
    07-24-15 01:49 PM
    The only one I trust is snap. Amazon apps are garbage and have so many ads in there, they are practically worthless. and who wants to bother installing google play store?
    Amazon apps are garbage? What 's that mean? 99% are the same you'd get on Playstore. None of the apps I've bought from Amazon have ads, and the free ones -- like Playstore -- have. So, clarify, please?
    07-24-15 01:57 PM
    Amazon you are stuck with... it's baked into the system.

Cobalt's Google Solutions seem to have the most compatibility for me, and I don't have to bother sideloading an APP.
    07-24-15 02:01 PM
    Amazon apps are garbage? What 's that mean? 99% are the same you'd get on Playstore. None of the apps I've bought from Amazon have ads, and the free ones -- like Playstore -- have. So, clarify, please?
    99% percent is a big stretch. The apps that are on Amazon are often outdated and never updated, like the developer forgot about them.
    mathking606 likes this.
    07-24-15 02:05 PM
    99% percent is a big stretch. The apps that are on Amazon are often outdated and never updated, like the developer forgot about them.
    This is beginning to sound like superstition. Mine get updated on a regular basis, whether on my Z10 or my Android tablet.... again, my friends who are app developers claim the best store to place an app these days is Amazon. Not playstore. So, since you know better than these developers (who likely do not forget about their apps), maybe you could hand us some proof?

Perhaps this is the best way to summarize for OP

http://www.androidcentral.com/amazon...e-good-and-bad
    Last edited by scrannel; 07-24-15 at 03:11 PM.
    07-24-15 02:41 PM
    I don't like the amazon app store. Out dated apps, and almost every app I've looked for isn't available.

I use snap, and it works great for me.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 03:33 PM
    This is beginning to sound like superstition. Mine get updated on a regular basis, whether on my Z10 or my Android tablet.... again, my friends who are app developers claim the best store to place an app these days is Amazon. Not playstore. So, since you know better than these developers (who likely do not forget about their apps), maybe you could hand us some proof?

Perhaps this is the best way to summarize for OP

http://www.androidcentral.com/amazon...e-good-and-bad
    Snap has a list of outdated apps that I downloaded through Amazon app store. The ones on google play have been updated two or three times and not the Amazon ones.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 03:40 PM
    Play store and amazon nothing else!

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 02:33 AM
    Snap has a list of outdated apps that I downloaded through Amazon app store. The ones on google play have been updated two or three times and not the Amazon ones.

Posted via CB10
    I'll check my apps on my Android tablet, some from Amazon, some from Playstore. An interesting side note, on my Z10 I have noticed that Mobogenie (I have their app on my phone) keeps reporting updates available for Android apps (from Amazon or Mobogenie) AND updates available for ported Apps that I obtained through BBWorld.
    07-28-15 08:03 AM
    You do not need snap for Amazon apps. I guess it depends, if you are going to use apps from Playstore that required Google, you will need snap of course. According to my close friend, an app developer, Amazon is the #1 place to go to place an app these days, not Playstore.
    Your friend might have better visibility as a small developer on Amazon..... and thus he might like it better. Amazon is a smaller marketplace and they do work to promote new apps.

But what is best for a developer, might not be best for a users.

I know I always had to be careful when it was just Amazon and SNAP because many apps install via SNAP would not work... and SNAP always had updates available for my Amazon installed apps that Amazon didn't have. So I had to really watch what Apps I updated.

For me personally.... I don't even activate the Amazon App Store anymore. I just install Cobalt's solutions and go..... but everyone should try them all and see what's works best for them.
    07-28-15 08:17 AM
    I've used both Snap and Google play store.

Snap is a much simpler UI, but it's not better or worse.

Use what you feel comfortable with.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    07-28-15 08:46 AM
    I compared the 2. I found things on the Google play store that I did not find on Snap. For instance, search for the Cricket Wireless app. The Play store recognizes your device as an Android device, so less apps will be hidden. The Play Store also performed a hair faster than Snap. And then you have in app purchase abilities. I appreciated Snap while I needed it. But I no longer need it.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 10:22 AM
    I'm just coming to this thread, going to try more searching but I just wanted to ask before I do. I keep seeing apps that are only on the Google Play site that Amazon lacks. Is there any other option besides using this Snap or whatever Cobalt is to get these apps? Some useful travel apps like seat guru are only on Playstore. :-(

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 11:23 AM
    As far as I know, snap and the play store access the same servers.

So if your getting updates on the play store, and not snap. There must be something wrong.

As for hiding apps, I don't know why It would do that.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 11:55 AM
    The issue seems to be that Snap uses hardcoded values to determin the carrier and country code. Some apps may not show up.
    07-28-15 04:03 PM