I have a BB Q10 running OS 10.2.1.3247, and I have a number of Android apps installed (Spotify, Toshl Finance, Viber, etc.)

Some of the apps work without a hitch (aside from the slow startup time). However, those three apps in particular do not seem to work if I'm on mobile data, saying that I'm in offline mode until I get a Wi-Fi connection. This is not as much of a concern for Spotify and Viber since I obtained them from Snap, but Toshl came from BlackBerry World, I would think that they might test something like that before approving its submission.

Am I the only one experiencing this? Is this a known issue, and is there a workaround that I can use in the meantime?

Thanks!
    Miguel
    07-23-14 01:39 AM
    Hello and welcome.
    I think this is an issue with the update and not the apps themselves. I have fielded various other questions about the same issue since " the update".
    I think a new OS is in order.
    07-29-14 09:15 AM
    Someone in another thread recommended downloading Nova Launcher from Snap. Then going in to check to see if Mobile Data is set to on. I guess the app emulates an Android device.

Its something to try.
    07-29-14 09:17 AM
    Someone in another thread recommended downloading Nova Launcher from Snap. Then going in to check to see if Mobile Data is set to on. I guess the app emulates an Android device.

Its something to try.
    Hi.

BlackBerry Z10 | 10.3.0.296
    07-29-14 09:23 AM
    Sounds promising, I'll give it a shot. Thanks very much!
    07-30-14 09:07 PM
    So I tried to use Nova Launcher and I wasn't able to pull up the Mobile Data settings. It could be that the bar just wasn't showing on the small screen of the Q10.

What I was able to do, however, was launch ES Task Manager (Android App). From there, go to Optimize, and there will be a switch for 3G. Once I turned it on, everything was working perfectly.

Still, it's interesting how this would only happen for some apps. Might be an API change on Android's part regarding web access.

Thanks for your help CrackBerry users!
    07-30-14 10:58 PM