We know that ONEKEY comes with pre installed android 7. I wonder if Priv is going to be suitable for the latest OS. If yes, is it going to affect the speed of already "relatively" slow Priv under os 6?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-17 08:24 AM
    Will probably get the update after KeyOne is released within a few weeks.
    03-12-17 09:02 AM
    I asked it coz using Priv and like the phone. But with Marshmallow overheating significantly increased and the speed dropped. Then wondering how it's hardware fits into android 7

Posted via CB10
    03-12-17 09:08 AM
    Both Android 6 and 7 were coded under with the aim of improving "older" devices' performances. And yes, the PRIV (along with the DTEKs) is going to get the update shortly after the KEYone release, that is April. At least this is what a few BlackBerry representatives told during the MWC.
    03-12-17 09:57 AM
    Thanks a lot. Sounds promising

Posted via CB10
    03-12-17 10:33 AM
    I don't see this happening till May or June with the current progress on the KeyOne
    03-17-17 05:51 AM
    Both Android 6 and 7 were coded under with the aim of improving "older" devices' performances. And yes, the PRIV (along with the DTEKs) is going to get the update shortly after the KEYone release, that is April. At least this is what a few BlackBerry representatives told during the MWC.
    BlackBerry reps told you that?
    03-17-17 10:53 AM
    We know that ONEKEY comes with pre installed android 7. I wonder if Priv is going to be suitable for the latest OS. If yes, is it going to affect the speed of already "relatively" slow Priv under os 6?

Posted via CB10
    Yes at some point BlackBerry will release Android 7.1, and then Carrier's will approve its distribution to devices (unless you bought yours unlocked - you should get it right away).

Affect Speed (for the better).... that I don't think you'll see.

Marshmallow fixed some issues and helped reduce overheating on the PRIV over what Android 5.1.1 had. But I haven't noticed any performance improvements with 7.1 on my Droid. Like the new features, but if anything I'd say performance has decreased a little. Not a major thing, just that I use to go all day and never get below 50% on my battery.

Just don't think Android 7 is going to increase performance on older devices. If you want that, you need to turn things off or change settings (animation is a biggy)....
    03-17-17 11:38 AM
    BlackBerry reps told you that?
    Not to me, but to a few important sites that you probably know too. Besides, Nougat for PRIV has been in the beta zona for a while, it's just a matter of time...
    03-18-17 02:42 AM
    Not to me, but to a few important sites that you probably know too. Besides, Nougat for PRIV has been in the beta zona for a while, it's just a matter of time...
    Nougat for Priv has never been in beta zone. And no dont know of these "important" sites who were told this.
    03-18-17 09:16 AM
    Nougat for Priv has never been in beta zone. And no dont know of these "important" sites who were told this.
    It does, ray689. Instead of denying facts, please access the beta zone for PRIV and read the statement (the access to the beta update is only for selected users, though).
    03-20-17 01:00 PM
    It does, ray689. Instead of denying facts, please access the beta zone for PRIV and read the statement (the access to the beta update is only for selected users, though).
    03-20-17 01:00 PM
    I'm not in the Priv beta, and I don't believe you, so please post a screen shot.
    03-20-17 01:02 PM
    I'm not in the Priv beta, and I don't believe you, so please post a screen shot.
    Because there is no statement in the beta zone saying that.
    03-20-17 01:05 PM
    Which facts are these exactly? Please do elaborate.
    03-20-17 01:06 PM