Good morning, folks...

I regretfully missed out on the Passport Flash Sale... and the Passport is absolutely the device that I want for a specific need. My oversight has unfortunately led me to search the Internet for a discounted "new" device... but before I get too caught up in this, are there any reasons that I should not buy from Amazon or Ebay stores (ie - loss of warranty, etc)?

Thank you.
    01-28-17 10:58 AM
    Good morning, folks...

I regretfully missed out on the Passport Flash Sale... and the Passport is absolutely the device that I want for a specific need. My oversight has unfortunately led me to search the Internet for a discounted "new" device... but before I get too caught up in this, are there any reasons that I should not buy from Amazon or Ebay stores (ie - loss of warranty, etc)?

Thank you.
    First if you buy a device on the Web. You need to know which is a good version for your ares and networking. Buy it New from a device US Canadien or UK store or directly from Blackberry.some big store like Best buy and computer stores sell devices.
    Ex; at&t is a GSM carrer, Will work in north america for GSM networking only. I[ Will work on Bell and Rogers too in canada. Lte fréquence must be : band 17(700mhz), band 4(1800-2100mhz), band 7(2600mhz) each version have his number.
    BlackBerry Passport Phone | Black | Unlocked Phone
    01-28-17 11:31 AM
    I am on at&t. I assume that I will need the SQW100-1 model?
    And... would these devices still receive BB direct security updates?
    01-28-17 01:19 PM
    I am on at&t. I assume that I will need the SQW100-1 model?
    And... would these devices still receive BB direct security updates?
    Sqw100-1 is correct for the GSM north america version.
    Secondly, for your update question, better have a try with at&t support or forum. For having latest news on it.

Last comment; the at&t passport device, has différent body design. It have round corners. Make it (shirt) pocket-able easier. For that reason I prefer the form factor of the silver edition. But some have complain of slighter shooter battery endurance.
    Last edited by franqueb; 01-28-17 at 08:49 PM.
    01-28-17 03:03 PM
    ... but before I get too caught up in this, are there any reasons that I should not buy from Amazon or Ebay stores (ie - loss of warranty, etc)?

Thank you.
    Nothing wrong with Amazon and eBay stores, in my opinion. The key is to read their feedback and make sure you do your research and read the terms and conditions. I don't like to deal with folks that have minimal to low feedback. Also, with eBay at least, you do have protection from PayPal if you don't get what was advertised. It is just a nuisance to have to file a claim and perhaps a disagreement with another individual. I've purchased a few phones off eBay and have been lucky thus far. But as I said, do the research and read the feedback of the sellers.
    mrhobbsworth likes this.
    01-28-17 09:40 PM
    The real question is: Why BlackBerry keep apps in the Amazonapp store when développer seems have lived? Blackberry software seems to have right now a "to many things to support" problem. I thing they must support BB10, BBworld, Google store, windows store, android, and may be BBM. And so make more enterprise features more affordable to normal user. I hope they've stopped now support antiquity stuffs.
    02-03-17 11:48 AM