Hi there, I'm using a Q10 and am having difficulties with getting Amazon apps to update properly.

They seem to download okay, then when it gets to the installing part they just spin their wheels (see attached picture to see what I mean). Nothing happens.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any idea on how to fix it?

It's VERY annoying because the Hub keeps reminding me I have some updates to install, which I am trying to but cannot!

Amazon apps won't update properly-img_20160909_151506.png

Posted via CB10
    09-09-16 02:25 AM
    more than likely your Classic doesn't have have the acceptable android runtime to update the apps.
    09-09-16 05:30 AM
    Okay, thanks for letting me know. Sorry for the ignorance, but how would I get the correct Android runtime?

Posted via CB10
    09-10-16 03:26 AM
    I've had issues where Amazon apps won't start to update unless wifi is turned on, even when the settings in the Amazon app allow unlimited download size over a mobile connection.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-16 11:36 AM
    Sometimes you have to let it sit for up to 30 minutes before it will actually install. Also, try a reboot and launch the Amazon Appstore again.
    09-10-16 12:38 PM
    Still having problems.
    I tried those suggested things (thank you!) but unfortunately I didn't have any luck.
    Any other ideas / suggestions?

By the way I'm still not sure about an "android runtime". Does anyone know what this might mean, excusing my ignorance?

Posted via CB10
    12-17-16 06:54 AM
    Still having problems.
    I tried those suggested things (thank you!) but unfortunately I didn't have any luck.
    Any other ideas / suggestions?

By the way I'm still not sure about an "android runtime". Does anyone know what this might mean, excusing my ignorance?

Posted via CB10
    Read article and load the fix which it refers to.
    Reboot device after installing.

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000037772

Posted via CB10
    12-17-16 10:55 AM
    Thanks for the advice!

I followed the instructions on that forum thread, but in my case it didn't work.

HOWEVER after tinkering around a bit more I think I fixed it.

After following that thread, I then went to the Amazon app store app, pressed the menu button, then settings, then version and release notes, and then check for updates. In this case, there was a new update available for the app store.

After updating the amazon app store, I then tried again to update the apps I was having trouble with before. They had to re-download, but after that happened the updates all worked! Woo!

Posted via CB10
    12-30-16 06:42 AM