Back in the good old days, when I was using BBM on BB10, when you received a notification, and responded in the Notification area, you never left the running application. After clicking send, you continued with what you were doing.

But using BBM on Android (Nougat and Marshmallow AFAIK), I can respond to the notification in the notification area at the top of the screen, but as soon as I hit send, I am moved to the BBM application.

Really annoying! If I had wanted to go to BBM, I would not have responded in the notification, I would have just clicked on the BBM message in the notification.

Maybe this is only happening to me.
    01-13-17 02:21 PM
    Back in the good old days, when I was using BBM on BB10, when you received a notification, and responded in the Notification area, you never left the running application. After clicking send, you continued with what you were doing.

But using BBM on Android (Nougat and Marshmallow AFAIK), I can respond to the notification in the notification area at the top of the screen, but as soon as I hit send, I am moved to the BBM application.

Really annoying! If I had wanted to go to BBM, I would not have responded in the notification, I would have just clicked on the BBM message in the notification.

Maybe this is only happening to me.
    The only part that is only happening to you is the ability to quickly reply from the notification itself. How do you manage that without it being a feature of BBM on android?
    01-13-17 02:27 PM
    I'm not sure I understand your response to my question.
    Are you saying that replying to a BBM message in the notification area is not a feature available in the application itself? Or leveraged in cooperation with the Operating System?

Other messaging applications such as Google Messenger will show as a notification at the top of the screen (when it arrives), and will allow me to respond at the top of the screen (below the incoming message). Without opening Messenger afterwards. So it should be available to BBM (on Android). Shouldn't it?
    01-13-17 03:39 PM
    I'm not sure I understand your response to my question.
    Are you saying that replying to a BBM message in the notification area is not a feature available in the application itself? Or leveraged in cooperation with the Operating System?

Other messaging applications such as Google Messenger will show as a notification at the top of the screen (when it arrives), and will allow me to respond at the top of the screen (below the incoming message). Without opening Messenger afterwards. So it should be available to BBM (on Android). Shouldn't it?
    I'm saying Apps like whatapp will show up in the notification area with a little arrow for a quick reply where you can reply without opening the app. BBM doesn't have that feature so not sure how you are replying right in the notification area.
    01-14-17 09:25 AM
    I'm saying Apps like whatapp will show up in the notification area with a little arrow for a quick reply where you can reply without opening the app. BBM doesn't have that feature so not sure how you are replying right in the notification area.
    I'm not sure what version of BBM (for Android) you are using, but I do type my reply in the message notification and then hit send.

After that the message IS sent, but then the BBM application is activated.

Do you actually have BBM installed on your Android?
    01-14-17 01:19 PM
    Do YOU? Because I'd love to know how you got quickly replies going.

I'm not sure if they added support for it on nougat, it's possible since it's a simple change in the code and the OS handles it.

But on marshmallow and below, BBM does NOT have quick reply.

Are you sure that you're not using some 3rd party app?
    01-14-17 01:52 PM
    I'm not sure what version of BBM (for Android) you are using, but I do type my reply in the message notification and then hit send.

After that the message IS sent, but then the BBM application is activated.

Do you actually have BBM installed on your Android?
    I've had the Priv since launch day and use BBM daily. It does not have quick reply.
    01-14-17 01:57 PM
    I just performed a test, sending a BBM to my Nexus 6P from my girlfriend's Galaxy S7. I was able to reply in the message notification, but when it showed up on her phone, there was no quick reply. So, I guess I misremembered that Marshmallow worked as well. Unless it is the Samsung version of Android that messed with it. Keep in mind, my experience comes from running BBM on a Nexus 6P, which gets the base Android, not some hardware manufacturer's version.
    01-14-17 02:23 PM
    Is the Priv running Nougat yet? It may be that I have been using Nougat for so long. (Beta, and now official). That may be where I was confused about Marshmallow having it as well.
    01-14-17 02:25 PM
    I just performed a test, sending a BBM to my Nexus 6P from my girlfriend's Galaxy S7. I was able to reply in the message notification, but when it showed up on her phone, there was no quick reply. So, I guess I misremembered that Marshmallow worked as well. Unless it is the Samsung version of Android that messed with it. Keep in mind, my experience comes from running BBM on a Nexus 6P, which gets the base Android, not some hardware manufacturer's version.
    Can you post a screen shot of your notification quick reply? I'm guessing it's the quick reply feature of Nougat and not BBM which is why the app open. BBM does not have the feature yet.
    01-14-17 02:32 PM
    Can you post a screen shot of your notification quick reply? I'm guessing it's the quick reply feature of Nougat and not BBM which is why the app open. BBM does not have the feature yet.
    I think the keyword there is 'yet'. There is no reason for them to not bring this feature in the future since they have it on BB10 and it's obviously available on Android.
    01-14-17 02:43 PM
    So, I guess the issue is that BBM doesn't know that Nougat has already taken care of the Quick Reply, so it can safely stay in the background.
    01-15-17 10:33 PM
    So, I guess the issue is that BBM doesn't know that Nougat has already taken care of the Quick Reply, so it can safely stay in the background.
    Not exactly the case.
    01-15-17 11:05 PM
    Ahh, so it's a nougat thing. Makes sense, glad to know.

It's just a simple code change in the app and the OS handles it, so that's all they did instead of going through the trouble.

Sucks that it goes into the app, but oh well, BBM is terrible anyway.
    01-16-17 07:41 PM
    me too
    03-25-17 10:03 PM
    I was watching a YouTube today, and tried a reply in the notification....

And it worked!!
    03-25-17 10:05 PM