Using a Passport with OS 10.3.2.2474 on Rogers
    I sync with Outlook 365. Most of my calendar events are out by 1 hour, but not all. I do notice sometimes my calendar shows Saskatchewan -6 time, sometimes CST -6 time. I do not make that change. The phone does it randomly. Any help?
    03-13-16 12:51 PM
    I think you will find you have used several different devices to set calendar events, and one or more of these devices have (or had) different time zones configured. It is even possible (the setting exists somewhere in there) to set an event which simply uses the same hour number and "system clock time" whatever that happens to be, even if you have moved time zone since setting it.

Let me give you an example of how confusing time zones can get. Let's say you (in zone UTC -6) create an event for 2pm (14:00). To me in UK that event would suggest 14:00 on my local clock - but how about the time you are setting up an afternoon meeting for after you fly to London next week, when you mean 2pm London. Either you explicitly mark it as London time zone, or the device defaults will prevail. The second event is one you want to remain at the same time every day in your local home zone even though it can shift several hours in the zone where you are today. Confused yet? I hope not, because those at home are going to be annoyed if the 9pm call home becomes a 3am call.

The bottom line is that there are no easy answers with time zones, you just have to understand them and how to use them in all the different softwares and devices in your life.
    I think you will find you have used several different devices to set calendar events, and one or more of these devices have (or had) different time zones configured. It is even possible (the setting exists somewhere in there) to set an event which simply uses the same hour number and "system clock time" whatever that happens to be, even if you have moved time zone since setting it.

Let me give you an example of how confusing time zones can get. Let's say you (in zone UTC -6) create an event for 2pm (14:00). To me in UK that event would suggest 14:00 on my local clock - but how about the time you are setting up an afternoon meeting for after you fly to London next week, when you mean 2pm London. Either you explicitly mark it as London time zone, or the device defaults will prevail. The second event is one you want to remain at the same time every day in your local home zone even though it can shift several hours in the zone where you are today. Confused yet? I hope not, because those at home are going to be annoyed if the 9pm call home becomes a 3am call.

The bottom line is that there are no easy answers with time zones, you just have to understand them and how to use them in all the different softwares and devices in your life.
    03-13-16 06:18 PM