Before I begin I have a BlackBerry 9780 (6.0 Bundle 2949 v6.0.0.668, Platform 6.6.0.236), and Whatsapp Version 2.11.2356

I am trying to retrieve a certain message from a whatsapp conversation. I have this conversation saved on my old blackberry, on the SD card. My first thought was to use these directly, but, obviously, I cannot use the .db files I can get on my computer.

I have attempted sending the chat to my e-mail address, but as you know the blackberry messages do not send just over wi-fi. Thus, I attempted to use my new sim - a nano sim - to send the e-mail, but I was given the 'insert Sim' sign at the top of the display. So, I tried someone else's sim, (obviously with a different whatsapp account, so this time I just presed 'resend' on the old unsent e-mails) but the e-mails would not send. I wondered if this was because the e-mail account wasn't registered to that sim? Alternatively, I think I set the date wrong, maybe it messed with my friend's sim.

Because this e-mail is redirected from an app, I cannot use logic mail to send it.

I press 'open attachment' while in the e-mail, but it just flashes to the 'media' folder, and then back to the e-mail. Since it is already in an e-mail, I have not managed to save it and access it via an explorer. I have gotten Filescout lite (and then played with archiving it) as well as another file opening app, but to no avail.

The old scroll up and find the message technique does not work - I get an error about one month in (the message is 2.5 months away) which I assume has to do with using up too much memory.

Does anyone have a solution? Things I have considered
    - Getting a proper nanosim to sim converter (I used a makeshift micro sim to sim converted)
    - Getting a new sim for this phone, then putting it in, registering the e-mail account to it, and attempt sending the file
    - Getting a new sim for this phone, transferring my number to that sim (temporarily) and then doing of the consideration above (this might deal with whatsapp issues if the 'resend' method doesn't work)
    - Find some way of making 'open attachment' work with another app
    - Magically finding a way to make use of the .db files on my pc

Please advise as to which ones will, or have even a slight chance of working. I apologise if I have offended any community guidelines, and if my working knowledge of the blackberry is poor.

Thank you in advance for anyone who bothers reading this, and for any help you can offer me!
    03-31-15 11:18 AM