I have a Z10 STL 100-3. It has been doing some quirky things lately so I decided to reinstall the OS from scratch. I decided I would first do a security wipe and start clean. I was sure I had a backup saved. Somehow I was wrong and didn't do a new one because I didn't want my recent issues re installed. I was sure I had an older backup. :-(

I read of a number of instances where it was taking users several hours to complete but wasn't phased. I had all day. I followed the instructions and the process started. After several hours I plugged my device in just in case the battery was getting low. There was no way to tell how low it was so I figured I'd be safe and make sure it had power.

After about 2 more hours I looked at the screen and it seemed to have hung at 84%. Up to this point I could touch the icon and it would tell me % complete. This is probably about the time things got screwed up. I waited another 2 hours and it had not changed but now when I touched the screen it wouldn't tell me anything. It seemed truly hung. The wipe was either complete and not reporting or it wasn't finished. I don't know. I waited a bit longer then gave up.

I pulled the phone from the wall and went to my laptop, started blackberry link and tried to reload the software. It said an update is available ??? so I told it to install the newer version. I left it attached to the computer overnight. When I looked at the phone the next morning it seemed to be off. The screen was black and I don't remember if there was anything reported on link on the laptop. I pushed the start button on the phone. The Blackberry icon came up and the blue loading thing started circling the icon then up pops Welcome to Blackberry Please choose language with a check by English and the word "Next" below in a grey bar waiting for me to push. I pushed. Nothing. Touch screen would not respond.

After numerous resets both by holding the power key and pulling the battery the Z10 would boot to the exact same place. Please choose your language. I decided to do it over with link.

I attach the usb, the device connects and eventually a notice comes up on link "Disconnect your device from your computer and complete the Setup app on your device. When complete, reconnect your device. I've tried attaching it with the battery pulled and while its booting and with the battery in and rebooting while attached. I've tried every imaginable way. Nothing gets past the message to disconnect, but,

I can hit reload in preferences on link and then attach the phone by usb without the battery in and quickly insert the battery. A solid green light comes on and the checking notice comes up on link and eventually a notice that says " An updated version of,,,,do you want to install 10.3.2 Bundle 2474 (Platform 10.3.2.2639). I click get update and then a yellow warning window pops up "don't disconnect" - I hit install. It works through and eventually I get to reboot the phone...please choose language. still stuck

Yesterday I decided to try to use an autoloader. I've read they are more forceful. I tried several over the course of 8 or so hours. Each os more recent than the last. They all look like they complete and at the end of it all each time the Z10 boots up
    I end up at the same welcome to blackberry. choose your language.

Finally I installed Sachesi to see if there was some experimenting I could try.

Sachesi connected and under device information it says I now have OS 10.3.3.746...my most recent attempt. I know it is a developer os but I had already tried 10.3.1's and 10.3.2s. Same result every time. Sachesi also has error notifications that pop up that tell me that it can't communicate with the device because a previous install did not complete. Obviously the one I did on link.

I can still attach to link and it will still tell me an update is available but now it doesn't complete and tells me I have an error .Unspecified error encountered [A:0x000000A2]. I played around so much I'm not surprised. I know I can't roll back from 10.3.3 to earlier ...or so I read. I'm hoping that when a full 10.3.3 leak comes out it might help but...

If anybody has any ideas I'd appreciate any input. for now I believe I'm toast.

Thanks
    06-25-16 11:09 AM
    Now that you've installed 10.3.3, Link can no longer help you. It only has access to the OS from your carrier, which is 10.3.2.

You are correct that once on 10.3.3, you can never go back.

Try running the 10.3.3 autoloader again.

I would check to see that you are in an area with good mobile reception.

If you do manage to get it setup, refer to this thread for additional information:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1076574
    06-25-16 11:52 AM
    Thanks for the reply Conite. I read that before I tried the installs but figured I had nothing to lose at that point. I've since tried to install again and downloaded different version of 10.3.3 all with the same result. I read somewhere that interrupting security wipe can corrupt nvram. I suspect that's what happened and was looking for ways to edit until I saw your post from last year to somebody else. Looks like my case is hopeless so I'll park it in a drawer until official release and see what happens then. In the meantime I think its time to try out the Prriv.

Thanks again
    06-25-16 04:43 PM