Hey everyone! I need some help and advice regarding the different blackberry Q5 models. First things first, I will be moving to the States(NYC to be precise, which I believe is a refarmed area) and I can't be travelling without a cell phone and the cell can't 'not' be a blackberry. My budget leaves me with only one option, the blackberry Q5. I know there's 3 Q5 models, the SQR100-1,2 & 3 and I also happen to know that my best pick would be the SQR100-1 as it would work on both AT&T and TMO LTE networks but sadly, the country from where I'll be buying the Q5 doesn't offer the SQR100-1 nor is it available on the used market so here comes my real question, if I do buy the SQR100-2 (The one that's widely available here) would I be able to use 4G LTE on TMO or AT&T in some areas or not at all? And would I be able to enjoy uninterrupted 3G at least? Kindly someone with knowledge on this particular topic shed some light on the 'things' that won't be working on the Q5 SQR100-2 in NYC, US. I'm not the kinda person who would be criticizing 3G speeds 'if' I get 3G at all times and not 4G because currently I don't even have EDGE activated. Therefore, if I'll be able to get uninterrupted 3G coverage at all times in NYC, I would be more than happy. Help me out here! I gotta cop this cell asap!
    09-17-14 11:48 AM
    You're right. The SQR100-1 would be the best choice here, hands down. Can't you wait until you get to the US, and then buy it directly from ShopBB? Or, if possible, order it a day or two before you leave so that you're not without a phone for too long?

Re: the other models -2 and -3, they have exactly the same HSPA bands as one another, including the refarmed UMTS 1900 bands but not the 1700 MHz band (I'm sensing that you're interested in TMO.) So uninterrupted service may be an issue if you step out of refarmed areas.

The -2 also has some LTE bands, but none of them are used in the US.
    09-17-14 01:22 PM
    You're right. The SQR100-1 would be the best choice here, hands down. Can't you wait until you get to the US, and then buy it directly from ShopBB? Or, if possible, order it a day or two before you leave so that you're not without a phone for too long?

Re: the other models -2 and -3, they have exactly the same HSPA bands as one another, including the refarmed UMTS 1900 bands but not the 1700 MHz band (I'm sensing that you're interested in TMO.) So uninterrupted service may be an issue if you step out of refarmed areas.

The -2 also has some LTE bands, but none of them are used in the US.
    Thanks a lot for the information, I'll put more thought into what I'm really gonna do now. One last question though, lets say I were to buy a Blackberry Q10 instead, out of the five Q10 models, which one should I go for, having said that I'll be using it on TMO or AT&T. Brief description of each model would be really appreciated. Thanks.
    09-18-14 03:31 AM
    AT&T uses the -1 model as that's what I have, not sure about TMO
    09-18-14 05:02 AM
    AT&T uses the -1 model as that's what I have, not sure about TMO
    Thanks bro, I read some crackberry threads and found out that model -5 works with TMO, therefore -1 & -5 are my only options I guess.
    09-18-14 06:16 AM
    Thanks a lot for the information, I'll put more thought into what I'm really gonna do now. One last question though, lets say I were to buy a Blackberry Q10 instead, out of the five Q10 models, which one should I go for, having said that I'll be using it on TMO or AT&T. Brief description of each model would be really appreciated. Thanks.
    A -5. It is fully compatible with both AT&T and TMO. A -1 is not fully compatible with TMO.

Click on the Q10 link in my signature for the differences.
    09-18-14 09:21 AM
    A -5. It is fully compatible with both AT&T and TMO. A -1 is not fully compatible with TMO.

Click on the Q10 link in my signature for the differences.
    Thanks a lot man. You saved a life.
    09-18-14 10:16 AM