Hi
    I have noticed, recently, I have started to get adverts on a website I use regularly. I have to admit I don't use the Playbook as much as I used to (just due to changes in routine/life style at the moment).

The website I use mostly is LocateTV. When I open it nowadays, I have a very small advert window flashing on the right hand side of the webpage but not enough to see what it is, nor to close it or do anything with it. Also, along with this flashing advert, I now get adverts in the space between every 10 programmes listed.

Has anyone else started getting these? Is there a particular reason why these adverts should have started recently? What can I do to get rid of them, please?

I do hope this isn't symptoms of virus/malware etc, which I thought Playbook was less likely to suffer from. Maybe I'm being naive

Cheers
    08-29-14 02:32 PM
    I don't know if it helps you, but I just opened the LocateTV site on a PC and I don't see any flashing advert.
    08-29-14 02:43 PM
    Hi
    Thanks for your response.
    Yes, I agree, I don't get any adverts etc on my PC, nor my laptop. It's only on my Playbook, which is why I'm hoping I don't have any virus or malware.
    It didn't use to have any adverts, only started very recently.
    Cheers
    PS Apologies, hadn't noticed I wasn't logged in when posting my question.
    08-29-14 02:51 PM