has anyone tried to cut the Sim card (the biggest one in size) to adapt to the size suitable for Blackberry Priv, which is called, if I am not wrong, nano sim card? I have to switch from a BB Bold 9900 to a Priv, and I have a standard sim card (not the micro).
    03-14-17 03:43 AM
    The nano SIM is a bit thinner thinner than a standard, so it's not going to fit into the tray properly. The Priv slot and tray is already a bit finicky, so I'm advising against it.
    But it can, and has been done. I personally have not done it.
    03-14-17 04:31 AM
    Sure, I've previously cut my sims down to mini or nano, had no problems with thickness, sims normally come precut for all sizes, so same thickness as far as I know...If you're going to have to order the replacement sim you may as well give it a try - worst that can happen you get a few days peace from your phone and can be social....
    03-14-17 09:38 AM
    Maybe you can cut exactly by taking nano sim as measurement .
    So if will fit correctly.
    Just check the gold plate.
    Don't even cut it by mistake.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-17 10:00 AM
    Google nano sim template and it'll show you a diagram that you can print off to help with cutting correctly...

https://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-con...ne_5_guide.png
    03-14-17 01:13 PM
    can't you get your provider to get you a new SIM?
    03-14-17 02:50 PM
    Thank you all of you for the prompt answers. I just don't want to go to a provider and do it myself. And yes, I saw the template. I was just worried about cutting the plastic: will it be easy to do it without damaging it? I guess I will give it a try very soon.
    03-17-17 09:02 PM
    Thank you very much
    03-17-17 09:04 PM
    Cut it, is not a big deal and it works fine. Just follow the instructions on the template.

Posted vía CB10 with my Passport SE SQW100-4
    03-17-17 09:22 PM
    I will do it, but I am still concerned also about the thickness; as Wezard previously said, the thickness is different, so I would have to reduce it by using something to consume the plastic in excess. It is clear that I have two fears: 1) to cut the chip and make the sim card unuseful, and 2) to damage it by reducing the plastic in excess
    Last edited by ollyberry; 03-18-17 at 05:27 AM.
    03-18-17 02:02 AM
    I will do it, but I am still concerned also about the thickness; as Wezard previously said, the thickness is different, so I would have to reduce it by using something to consume the plastic in excess. It is clear that I have two fears: 1) to cut the chip and make the sim card unuseful, and 2) to damage it by reducing the plastic in excess
    Using a sharp scissor you will not damage the chip. The contacts you see in the back of the sim card are not the chip itself. The chip is a tiny square in the center of the contacts surface, so cutting the outside of them is not even near of the actual chip.
    About the thickness, once you cut the sim card to the final dimensions try it gently on the tray, if it's too thick, lap the plastic side (the opposite to the contacts) with a 180 or 150 grit sand paper. Just lay the sandpaper in a flat surface and rub the card on it.

03-18-17 06:44 AM
    I think if you're that worried about damaging it - just don't do it - get a new sim end of the dilemma.
    03-18-17 07:08 AM
    Using a sharp scissor you will not damage the chip. The contacts you see in the back of the sim card are not the chip itself. The chip is a tiny square in the center of the contacts surface, so cutting the outside of them is not even near of the actual chip.
    About the thickness, once you cut the sim card to the final dimensions try it gently on the tray, if it's too thick, lap the plastic side (the opposite to the contacts) with a 180 or 150 grit sand paper. Just lay the sandpaper in a flat surface and rub the card on it.

Thank you very much, you have been very clear and kind
    03-18-17 08:43 AM
    My concerns weren't about the card itself, but with the SIM tray and slot on the Priv being kinda finicky. If you don't get it just right it could jam inside the phone. If the SIM slot was the type that we used to see, inside the battery door, where a good part of the SIM was still visible after inserting, I'd whack it in a heartbeat.

Course given the way SIM's are made now days and the QC level, it's quite possible you could get a better fit doing it by hand. But even if you got it perfect, and something went wrong, you have no recourse with the carrier. If its a OEM, unmodified SIM and it jams, you have a foot to stand on, (though getting the carrier to do anything might still be an issue).
    03-23-17 05:36 AM
    My concerns weren't about the card itself, but with the SIM tray and slot on the Priv being kinda finicky. If you don't get it just right it could jam inside the phone. If the SIM slot was the type that we used to see, inside the battery door, where a good part of the SIM was still visible after inserting, I'd whack it in a heartbeat.

Course given the way SIM's are made now days and the QC level, it's quite possible you could get a better fit doing it by hand. But even if you got it perfect, and something went wrong, you have no recourse with the carrier. If its a OEM, unmodified SIM and it jams, you have a foot to stand on, (though getting the carrier to do anything might still be an issue).
    Well, this scared me out. That's why I am still typing with my beloved Bold 9900, hesitating and procrastinating the Sim card cutting operation
    03-26-17 08:17 PM
    Well, this scared me out. That's why I am still typing with my beloved Bold 9900, hesitating and procrastinating the Sim card cutting operation
    Is it that hard to get a new SIM from your carrier?
    03-26-17 08:38 PM
    Of course not
    03-27-17 12:41 AM
    Google nano sim template and it'll show you a diagram that you can print off to help with cutting correctly...

https://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-con...ne_5_guide.png
    I did it and it works, fortunately. But the template made me cut my sim to a little smaller size, so now the new nano-resized-by-myself Sim card stays a little loose in the tray
    04-08-17 03:40 AM