Hi,
    I'm new to Blackberry (in fact I'm new to smartphones) and I have a Bold 9900 now, with os 7.1. So I've been trying to figure out how to receive instant email as my email provider, zoho mail, isn't supported for this on my phone. I've come this far: if I set my (zoho) mail so it forwards to my blackberry email address (the one I get from my carrier and BIS), I'll receive the mail instantly. Which is great.
    Now the problem occurs if I want to answer this mail, and the answer must be coming from the address the mail was originally sent to. I've found that I can change the "from" address for my blackberry mail, but then I can only enter one address.
    The real problem is, when I have two email adresses, and I want to receive mail instantly on my phone from both, I just both set them up to forward to the blackberry email address, right? But, I also want to be able to answer mail from both my adresses as if the answer is coming from the mail address it was originally sent to. Which can be one of two addresses. However, to change the "from" address of my blackberry mail on every occasion would be very cumbersome, as I can set only one at the time.
    Does anyone out there know a solution for this? I hope I dindn't make my post too complicated (I'm new to posting, too ;-)
    Of course I can always choose to create a new mail instead of an answer-mail, since then I can choose from any mail address I've installed on my phone. So it's not a very big deal. Still, I wonder if what I'm trying to accomplish is actually possible at all. Anyone been struggling with this problem and knows a solution? I would greatly appreciate it.
    Lenze.
    08-06-14 09:29 AM
    If you have email to your phone the cellular provider must already be providing BIS service. I think you just need to setup the email account to be forwarded through BIS for each of your email addresses. See the links below.

http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...e-series-4716/
    and particularly
    BIS Email Basics | CrackBerry.com
    08-06-14 01:12 PM
    Hi again,
    thank you very much for replying to my post. My current cellular provider, though supporting email on my phone, doesn't provide BIS service, or a BIS email address. Which is why I'm switching to another provider, but this will take some time (as I want to keep my old phone number, too).
    So your answer certainly helps, though I have currently no access to the BIS website, yet. However, when I do, I wonder can I also set a different from (reply to) address for each of my email accounts I will be forwarding through BIS?
    This way I could cut out the BIS address from my correspondence when I answer email that was forwarded through BIS, no? At least that's what I figure from the thread at crackberry's "how-does-bis-email-work-152955/" (#12). And it's what I want to do. People don't need to see my BIS email address, I just want it for achieving instant email.
    As I understand it, I'll have only one BIS email account, of course. So, can I set more than one Reply To address for it? I'm a bit worried about that since I have tried out the bisdemo referred to in the thread I mentioned before and it doesn't seem to give me that option, only one for "Reply To". (sorry for the way I put this but I just found out I'm not allowed to post links).
    Or would there be another solution? I'd be very interested in that.
    Thanks again,
    Lenze
    08-06-14 03:36 PM
    No.... full BIS service simply pulls mail from each mailbox and forwards to your phone, and outgoing messages are routed back the same way. It is completely transparent. If it is correctly setup the only way to know if you sent from your desk or your phone is to read the SMTP transit headers, and nobody reads those.
    08-07-14 11:57 AM
    Thanks again! I'll just try it all out when I'm with my new cellular provider (just ordered the new sim).
    Problem may be though, that my email provider, zoho, isn't supported by Blackberry for push email. Is what zoho tells me. Only pop and imap will work. Which is why I'm thinking in terms of forwarding my zoho mail to the BIS email address first, so I can get it on my phone instantly.
    08-07-14 12:44 PM
    If you can setup BIS (through the BIS website as described in the tutorial I linked) to read a POP3 or IMAP mailbox that is EXACTLY what you need. I'm almost certain your zoho email will work with BIS on your device including the email service because BIS is the only way to do POP and IMAP on your 9900, so it should work. BIS is how the BB push service works, I think they don't understand what they are telling you. Don't forward to the free email provided by your BIS service, have BIS use your existing mailboxes.

I did a quick google search, there's even a zoho web page telling you how to setup zoho mail on a BlackBerry and the illustrations look like the BIS setup pages. This link is for POP3 but IMAP is almost identical in setup. See Configure in Blackberry
    08-07-14 07:29 PM
    Wow! Thanks, I'll follow your advise as soon as I'm with my new provider and have access to the BIS website (which I don't have now).
    This may take a week or two though. I'll let you know how it worked out. Curious as to whether I can then receive my mail instantly as opposed to a delay of up to 15 minutes. For if I understand you correctly, that's what should be happening?
    Thanks a lot again, for all your effort and patience.
    08-08-14 06:28 AM
    You will get a better chance of "near-instant" with IMAP rather than POP3 for the mail server. However it also depends which optional extensions are supported by the server, and the level of your incoming mail traffic. If your service provider offers both protocols pick IMAP and hope for the best.
    08-11-14 06:51 PM
    Hi, I promised to let you know how it went but hadn't done so yet. Sorry about that, I wasn't "in a good place" for a while. Don't know if you still read this but anyway, I'll post. I have eventually, with my new provider, settled on configuring my mail with IMAP. So far it works very well and I receive mail on my phone near-instant, i.e. the same minute or one minute after. I don't know if it will stay like that or go back to up-to-15-minute-intervals, but the sync for read and deleted e-mails is very handy so I plan to leave it like this. All works fine with BIS and IMAP.
    12-28-14 05:17 PM