I purchased a Blackberry Passport Silver Edition direct from Blackberry. Installed the Nano Sim Card I purchased from Walmart and the AT&T Symbol appears after reboot. I called the activation rep from Straight Talk Wireless and gave him my Nano Sim Card Number and IMEI #. The rep stated I cannot activate my Unlocked BB Passport on the Straight Talk system.

Based on all the Crackberry Forum responses regarding activating the BB Passport on Straight Talk, this can't be correct. I'm waiting on a call back from their tech support, but would appreciate any Subject Matter Experts weighing in on what I need to do.
    12-05-16 07:22 PM
    I wouldn't put too much thought into what ST "rep" has to say about "Activating" anything on ST.
    Just tell them to activate the SIM card, or if they give you too much nonsense, just give them an IMEI # from a random android or other phone.

Phone has nothing to do with activation. I used SIMs from other phones in my blackberries, and wife used Z10 on ST for over a year.
    12-05-16 10:39 PM
    The only exception I can think of if you're getting on a network that isn't physically supported by the device. Like VZW CDMA, but your device only supports GSM. Just a thought, though.
    12-06-16 02:24 PM
    The only exception I can think of if you're getting on a network that isn't physically supported by the device. Like VZW CDMA, but your device only supports GSM. Just a thought, though.
    That's right. But I assumed he would know the difference between GSM and CDMA, but you never know.
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    12-06-16 04:35 PM
    Yeah im gonna call BS. The fact that you got the ATT logo says you have the right sim. Im on Net10, owned by the same company and using similar sims. Your best bet is to activate the sim online. https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=6rDTlgfl Thats the site for your activation. Good luck and if you have any questions feel free to PM me. Ive activated quite a few net10 and straight talk sims
    12-20-16 12:28 AM