Am I the only person who found it extremely frustrating to figure out how to transfer photos from my Z30 to my laptop, BUT discovered that it was ridiculously easy to accidentally wipe my entire phone!!!???
    Wipe BB10 phone without any obvious warning = EASY, can do it in your sleep/without even trying.
    Simple transfer of a few photos = MANY HOURS of research & trouble shooting, error messages, warnings...grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
    After hours of trouble shooting while trying to figure out how to simply transfer some photos, I opened up blackberry link... could NOT! figure out what it was supposed to do... it wasn't recognising that my phone was connected to the computer... after connecting, disconnecting, turning off, turning on etc etc. I was reading some info in another window but noticed a button on the bottom of the BBLink screen that said something like "reload device software...if your having trouble blah blah blah click here" so while I had one eye on the other screen, I clicked on the button which I thought was reloading the bb link software, while I continued reading the other window/trouble shooting. No big issue, it's telling me my phone is not connected or disconnected anyway. ....NOT! It did a factory reset, without as much as a warning saying "are you sure you want to FACTORY REST your device?" Just deleting a photo requires a second confirmation "are you sure you want to permanently delete this photo??" I am sick! Yeah, yeah I should have had my phone backed up... I haven't even figured out how to transfer photo files, do you think I had already figured out how to back it up? aaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!
    Let this be a warning to any others, having difficulty transferring files from their bb to computer. Be careful. If you think bb link isn't recognising that your phone is connected when it keeps telling you: "disconnected" IT WILL STILL SOMEHOW WIPE THAT PHONE.
    I lost a lot of very important information & I'm usually very careful.
    Since I wiped my phone without trying, is there a possibility that bb link backed up my phone, without trying? Or would that actually require proper deliberate steps to accomplish?
    10-08-16 11:15 AM
    With all the hours spend in link, did you make a back up of your files? If yes, it is only a matter of a simple restore. If no, you are out of luck.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-16 11:20 AM
    OP, all you need to do to transfer files is plug your device into your computer, and use Windows Explorer. Your device will appear as a drive.

Here is the latest driver (it says Priv, but it's for BB10 as well):

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...1570F46266A608
    10-08-16 11:44 AM
    Thanks but it wasn't appearing as a drive
    10-08-16 01:29 PM