How can I access the files on my BB Z30 device w/o installing BB Link or Device manager? On my personal computer, I installed BB Link, and I can use Windows explorer to access my Z30's drive, but on my work computer I am not allowed to install BB link. When I plugged my Z30 on my work computer I was prompted to install BB Link/Device Manager, Windows 7 installed drivers automatically, but the only thing I can see in Windows explorer is a CD drive that when opened has a partition for installing BB link.

Is there any other way to view my Z30 like a regular USB storage drive w/o installing BB Link/Manager?
    09-04-14 09:08 AM
    The most you can do is turn on Mass Storage mode if you have a SD card. Then, the SD card shows up like any other removable drive in Windows Explorer.

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    09-04-14 09:10 AM
    But if I don't have an SD card, is there anything that can be done?

The most you can do is turn on Mass Storage mode if you have a SD card. Then, the SD card shows up like any other removable drive in Windows Explorer.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 12:16 PM
    But if I don't have an SD card, is there anything that can be done?
    In that case, no.
    ahpitre likes this.
    09-04-14 12:22 PM
    Do you have a wireless router in your home network? If so...

Visit Settings > Storage and Access; and ensure "Access using wifi" is on. Here you can also configure the host name and password you will use to access the phone on your network. Then, once your phone is connected via wifi:

On Windows...

1. hit Windows key + R to bring up the Run dialog.
    2. Type \\hostname and press Enter (replace hostname with your BlackBerry's identification which you specified in Settings)
    3. If DNS resolution is working properly, after a bit a window should pop up with several folders.
    4. I think the one you want is called "media." Double click to open it. At this point it will ask for the password you set earlier.
    5. Once you're successfully authenticated, you're all set! You'll see the music folder, pictures folder, downloads, etc.

I use this method regularly and it works great. All I have to do is walk into the office, lay my Z10 on the desk and within several seconds I can be copying files to / from the phone. Give it a try!

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 05:45 PM