so updating my password and security question. does not affect bblink only if i updated my bbid?.
    Correct. If you changed your BBID - it would have issues. You can only change your BBID on OS10 by wiping your phone.

I still recommend taking a backup before restoring the old one though. Sometimes you load a backup and find out it is corrupt half way through - much better having two restore periods just in case.

Posted via CB from my LE
    06-18-14 12:15 PM
    searching for answers in google found some bug's occured during restore. some settings might not restore the way it was customized.
    its very frustrating to think but its the truth sigh #bb.
    Last edited by iaye; 06-18-14 at 08:18 PM.
    06-18-14 08:07 PM
    but sir have u tried my method? i mean wiping ur device using bb 10 v.10.2.1.2941. and restore it to the version of that backup file (same version bb10 os). all i want is my configure settings is to be restored too.
    06-18-14 08:15 PM
    delete this reply lag occur.
    06-18-14 08:16 PM
    searching for answers in google found some bug's occured during restore. some settings might not restore the way it was customized.
    its very frustrating to think but its the truth sigh #bb.
    Can you please elaborate? Did you try the restore and had a problem? I know there are... plenty of bugs with restores. I've had more successes than failures. I have changed some things on my BBID (i.e. display name) and restored those backups without incident.

But I've also had problems with backups (in general) in the past. I haven't restored using 10.2.1 except to do backup testing for some apps using relatively empty devices.

Posted via CB from my LE
    06-19-14 08:13 AM
    Can you please elaborate? Did you try the restore and had a problem? I know there are... plenty of bugs with restores. I've had more successes than failures. I have changed some things on my BBID (i.e. display name) and restored those backups without incident.

But I've also had problems with backups (in general) in the past. I haven't restored using 10.2.1 except to do backup testing for some apps using relatively empty devices.

Posted via CB from my LE
    i mean some settings like volume but not really important right? but i have this attitude of mine not being contented of.

i do only a backup once only. but right after i completely reset my device then update to 10.2.1.2941 setup my preferred settimgs. and bbid only.

when i messed up with my device ill just do a wipe/update and restore the backup file that i said earlier.

is that a good thing or did i do wrong with my idea?. please help to confirm.
    06-19-14 09:48 AM
    Sounds like the right approach to me - that's what I do.

Posted via CB from my LE
    06-19-14 01:05 PM
    finally thx.
    06-19-14 07:28 PM
33 12