hi, I have been using 8520 curves for many years, I need to get a new phone, but cannot work touch screen keyboards to type. I have considered the blackberry classic, and in my service provider store today, I saw they still sell the 9320 which may be better suited to my needs, however I do realise this runs on a different platform, and may be nice for me to have a smartphone compatable with instagram/fb photo uploading etc with ease compred to what I have been used to. Any thoughts?

I have difficulty typing text on touch screen of any kind as a few issues with my hands. I am used to typing with one hand, holding phone in one hand, typing with same hand.
    07-14-15 06:26 PM
    hi, I have been using 8520 curves for many years, I need to get a new phone, but cannot work touch screen keyboards to type. I have considered the blackberry classic, and in my service provider store today, I saw they still sell the 9320 which may be better suited to my needs, however I do realise this runs on a different platform, and may be nice for me to have a smartphone compatable with instagram/fb photo uploading etc with ease compred to what I have been used to. Any thoughts?

I have difficulty typing text on touch screen of any kind as a few issues with my hands. I am used to typing with one hand, holding phone in one hand, typing with same hand.
    For what it is worth, and all must understand their individual needs and desires, then select the device that best solves those needs, but I very much like the Q10. Granted, there was a learning curve coming from the Bold, but I now find it is the perfect blend of touch and PKB. And while many will find it surprising, I thought the increased screen size was great after the Bold. And of course the size is great for the pocket and one hand use. Not to mention the removable battery.

Note, I do not run Android apps, and mostly read newspapers, SMS and lots and lots of emails.

All the best in your search.
    07-14-15 06:59 PM
    Classic is perfect for you.. run on 10.3.2 and you can get Instagram or any android apps in it.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 06:30 AM
    Coming from a 8520 myself, I cam say that a BlackBerry Q5 will hive you a very similar feel to what you are used to, but if you are considering keeping a device for 3 years or more the BlackBerry Classic is definitely the device for you. The battery is more than double the size of the 8520!

Hope this helps.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    07-15-15 07:46 AM