I am sure it's been posted before, but I haven't been able to find it. With OTA updates from 10.2 to 10.3 being pushed out to locked devices worldwide, is there a general list or overview of the changes somewhere. Everything I've found is specific to a particular build or feature, and I just need a quick overview of the differences to get me going.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 10:22 AM
    Well, there are a thousand and one changes if you are coming from 10.2 to 10.3 but the major things is that there is a complete change in the entire system.
    The icons are flatter and has no shadow unlike 10.2
    You will get all the first hand information you need about 10.3 OS in this thread. The first ever 10.3 Leak OS thread.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...thread-917458/

However, so many other things have changed since then.
    06-19-15 11:26 AM
    Thank you. I have to say that I'm a little surprised that there isn't better documentation of the changes from one official OS version to another. I am on AT&T and have only ever used the official OTA upgrades for the simple reason that I didn't have the time to explore new features incrementally with each version.

What I'd really like is a single official document that details the UI and feature changes from the official 10.2.x that was on my phone until two days ago to the official 10.3.2.440 that I have now. Then I could work through it in a day or so and feel confident that I knew everything I need to.

As one example, the Remember App is very different, with separate tabs now for tasks, notes and tags. I would like to know exactly if and how those now map to MS Exchange Server/Outlook, Office 365 Exchange/Outlook, Outlook.com, Google tasks, and Evernote so that I can and optimize my work flow across each supported platform.

Does such documentation exist, or are users simply left to puzzle it out for themselves? It's hard to believe that a company can assert its software is built for enterprises if it doesn't include technical documentation!

I don't mind investing the time to master the ins and outs of my phone, but I don't want it to be a never-ending chase. That's why I avoid all the incremental OS upgrades in the first place!

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 04:21 AM
    I would say that you have not been following on news about your blackberry.
    You cannot get such documents on a forum like this. Here, folks flow with every update as they come, discuss new things, bugs and work arounds. The forum cannot document such changes on a separate thread or sticky(they are not obliged to do so) because they are not on Blackberry payroll. They can only let us know about new stuff as they come.
    You can only get everything you need to know from Blackberry. Visit their website and blog site to get more information.
    Also, they did make a presentation of OS 10.3 which talks about what to expect when it rolls out. This was in September 2014.
    06-20-15 04:53 AM
    I didn't expect to get those documents on the forum. I said I was surprised that BlackBerry doesn't provide them in an easy to find place. I was hoping someone here could point the way. That's all.

I don't have the time to read dozens of forum threads to decipher all of the incremental OS update changes. My perspective is that the changes between the official OTA upgrades pushed by BlackBerry and the carriers should be clearly documented in the equivalent of a "Read Me" file pushed out with the upgrades. Without an explanation, many of the changes seem arbitrary and pointless. I assume that each change was carefully thought out and is worth understanding, but I don't have the information I need to learn how to use the new features.

The Help files are far from comprehensive.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 10:04 PM
    I am sure it's been posted before, but I haven't been able to find it. With OTA updates from 10.2 to 10.3 being pushed out to locked devices worldwide, is there a general list or overview of the changes somewhere. Everything I've found is specific to a particular build or feature, and I just need a quick overview of the differences to get me going.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Open the browser on your BB10 Smartphone. Type in blackberry.com and you will go directly to the BlackBerry mobile site which has numerous pages of information overviews of the different OS updates. Pretty comprehensive. I was just there and found the information easy to find. All these replies about flatter icons are really irrelevant to your question. That's just eye candy. Not substance. If you are more interested in how the icons look than what and how they do it, you probably need to be on iphone or android.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    06-21-15 09:33 PM
    Thank you. I have found the information I wanted on the Blackberry web site and forums. I was surprised that there had been no mention of those resources here on CB.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 08:15 AM