I am still waiting for the release, but all these problems with the new OS have me thinking.

We have waited long for this release and based on the complaints here on CB, it seems that more than just a few people are having one problem or another. I am even surprised that the newer devices, Passport and Classic that are having problems. That said, I know that many have had no problems with the new release.

I have been a Blackberry user for 12 years and have never used another platform, so I have no idea what the issues are with other brands.

Are the problems unique to Blackberry, or do the other platforms go through similar issues when a new OS is released?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 10:37 PM
    No such issues in reality, its just a bit of adjusting type, a setting done here and there are solving all of the issues, it will take time to adjust to the new OS.
    Its pretty understandable that u need knowledge to use new technology, just give the new OS some time, post your queries here if u have a problem, we have lots of people eagerly waiting to support.

Helalzone
    02-20-15 10:47 PM
    No such issues in reality, its just a bit of adjusting type, a setting done here and there are solving all of the issues, it will take time to adjust to the new OS.
    Its pretty understandable that u need knowledge to use new technology, just give the new OS some time, post your queries here if u have a problem, we have lots of people eagerly waiting to support.

Helalzone
    I am not referring to the obvious adjustments needed. I am talking about the hardware/software issues that have come with some who have upgraded.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 10:54 PM
    ...it seems that more than just a few people are having one problem or another. I am even surprised that the newer devices, Passport and Classic that are having problems. That said, I know that many have had no problems with the new release. ...

Are the problems unique to Blackberry, or do the other platforms go through similar issues when a new OS is released?

Posted via CB10
    To a certain extent, all of the smartphone OSes have had issues and problems related to software updates, so it's not only BlackBerry.

The difference is only the extent of the reported problems and the amount of time needed to push an updated solution. Some of the problems being reported by BlackBerry users regarding this release seem to me to be more severe than problems being reported on some other OS platforms. The outcome of the time-to-solution question may rely on BlackBerry's resources and how complex the underlying cause is.
    02-21-15 12:25 AM
    You are not right! Actually can you imagine that with iPhone with the latest os and some of your already installed apps are not working or you have to got to app store and update the basic app from a 2 months old update?! Ridiculous! After update my os on 19/2/15 I needed to update BBM. The latest BBM update came out on 18/12/14!!!!! What the hell is this? Lack of knowledge or lack of taking care of BlackBerry users...

From my BlackBerry Passport
    02-21-15 07:59 AM
    You are not right! Actually can you imagine that with iPhone with the latest os and some of your already installed apps are not working or you have to got to app store and update the basic app from a 2 months old update?! Ridiculous! After update my os on 19/2/15 I needed to update BBM. The latest BBM update came out on 18/12/14!!!!! What the hell is this? Lack of knowledge or lack of taking care of BlackBerry users...

From my BlackBerry Passport
    My thoughts exactly. The problems seem to be getting more varied. Just check the forum posts. I suppose that time will tell...

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 11:14 AM
    I have also been a BlackBerry user for a long time now and while I realise that there are many things that one has to adapt to with any change and while there are a number of good things with this update. I think this has been the worst update BlackBerry has had.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 08:11 AM