Can anyone address me to the issues on .1154
    So that I can figure out if it is worth using as a daily driver or not?

Posted Via : The Beast 'BlackBerry Z10'
    12-18-14 07:49 AM
    NO... as the issues vary by device, carrier, way you install the os, if you do a restore, if you do a security wipe before and/or after installation, and of course the phase of the moon during the installation.

Install it and try it... other than a little time what do you have to loose. Personally there are a few issues, but nothing to make me want to go back to an official 10.2.1.

Besides it's good enough for new Classic users....
    12-18-14 08:08 AM
    Been using it as a daily driver since it came out. I personally don't have any issues on my Z30.
    NOKJAA likes this.
    12-18-14 08:25 AM
    NO... as the issues vary by device, carrier, way you install the os, if you do a restore, if you do a security wipe before and/or after installation, and of course the phase of the moon during the installation.

Install it and try it... other than a little time what do you have to loose. Personally there are a few issues, but nothing to make me want to go back to an official 10.2.1.

Besides it's good enough for new Classic users....
    Hahahaha! Phase of the moon..
    I think it's also the way you hold your mouth while installing.

But seriously, I have had very little issue with this OS but as stated here it seems to be install method that brings the problems.
    Autoloader and Security wipe seems to be the best method with no restore.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 08:33 AM
    Hahahaha! Phase of the moon..
    I think it's also the way you hold your mouth while installing.

But seriously, I have had very little issue with this OS but as stated here it seems to be install method that brings the problems.
    Autoloader and Security wipe seems to be the best method with no restore.

Posted via CB10
    I am new to all this...so mind me if I go on to some sily things......u said no restore does it means I will loose all my data and apps if I will install the leak?

12-18-14 09:10 AM
    Yes... with no restore you will not be able to get all your things back through BlackBerry Link. There are other methods of backing up contacts, the apps can just be re downloaded...but you will lose the progress you have in your games unless they are connected to a server of some type like Candy Crush (as an example)

It seems that it is hit and miss between most people who Restore through link.
    I have personally had mixed results thought out all of the leaks that we have been through so I can't say what is the issue or not.

I now have stopped restoring my Z10 and just used other resources to get the critical information back on my BlackBerry.

That is the risk of Leaks....

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 02:25 PM
    Yes... with no restore you will not be able to get all your things back through BlackBerry Link. There are other methods of backing up contacts, the apps can just be re downloaded...but you will lose the progress you have in your games unless they are connected to a server of some type like Candy Crush (as an example)

It seems that it is hit and miss between most people who Restore through link.
    I have personally had mixed results thought out all of the leaks that we have been through so I can't say what is the issue or not.

I now have stopped restoring my Z10 and just used other resources to get the critical information back on my BlackBerry.

That is the risk of Leaks....

Posted via CB10
    It's not just the "Leaks".... many have had issues when doing an OTA Update (or using LINK). There simply are some issues with the way BB10 handles settings, data, what ever it is that for some will cause some major and some minor issues. Which is why Carrier's HATE updates!

It brings them nothing, and cost them in support time.... and when the devices are pushing two years of age, it becomes a lot less likely they'll want to push those updates.
    12-18-14 03:55 PM
    Honestly. I wouldn't know about the issues with OTA updates I have been running leaks for almost the entire time I've had this phone. 22 months...
    I haven't really read much about people having huge issues with OTA and data retention.

In an OTA update there would/should be no need to use a backup/restore. ?

I will stock to my opinion on this subject, in my EXPERIENCE the most reliable source of update is Autoloader....no restore, as far as having software issues.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 04:21 PM
    I've had no issues on my Z10 or Z30....My wife has have a few minor issues with vibrations continuing after answering a call...But other then that it has been working great
    12-18-14 04:26 PM
    So if I install a leak thn will I be able to get the official update over the air or I have to use autoloader again?

12-18-14 08:32 PM