Hey Bla1ze (and anyone else that wants to chime in).... I'm at a break even point with my BlackBerry shares and have been considering dumping them. Was wondering what your thoughts are on this subject.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-17 05:36 PM
    You should head into the BlackBerry stock holders thread.
    02-14-17 05:37 PM
    Here's the thread. These guys are major into BlackBerry stock and may be able to answer any questions you may have.

The BBRY cafe [was: I support BBRY and I buy shares]
    02-14-17 06:00 PM
    I would caution you to weigh advice here against advice outside of crackberry. There is a "crack" in crackberry for a reason.

The other caution is to consider whether you have an emotional or patriotic attachment to the company. If so, you might ask for advice from someone who doesn't, just so you can be sure you are not allowing that to colour a financial decision.

Or maybe you just have a small amount of money or fun money in this, in which case have fun with it. Who cares?

Good luck. For the record, I'm long BBRY right now because I believe in the software story and I can see $9-$10 potential over the next year. That is if and only if they can execute of course.
    brookie229 likes this.
    02-14-17 06:25 PM
    Here's the thread. These guys are major into BlackBerry stock and may be able to answer any questions you may have.

The BBRY cafe [was: I support BBRY and I buy shares]
    Thanks! Will do.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-17 06:32 PM
    I would caution you to weigh advice here against advice outside of crackberry. There is a "crack" in crackberry for a reason.

The other caution is to consider whether you have an emotional or patriotic attachment to the company. If so, you might ask for advice from someone who doesn't, just so you can be sure you are not allowing that to colour a financial decision.

Or maybe you just have a small amount of money or fun money in this, in which case have fun with it. Who cares?

Good luck. For the record, I'm long BBRY right now because I believe in the software story and I can see $9-$10 potential over the next year. That is if and only if they can execute of course.
    I'd say some emotional attachment for sure and it is a small amount of money ($3200) so I'm not going to get rich! I only am considering it as my wife has wanted me to cash out and use it on a vacation... without the kids!

Posted via CB10
    02-14-17 06:38 PM
    I'd say some emotional attachment for sure and it is a small amount of money ($3200) so I'm not going to get rich! I only am considering it as my wife has wanted me to cash out and use it on a vacation... without the kids!
    Well for what it's worth, when I was much younger I used to invest in things to which I had emotional attachment. Sometimes it "worked out", eventually, but only if I ignored the massive opportunity cost. I try to avoid that now.

But it sounds like this is just fun money for you. That makes this more like a sports bet or something. Your bigger question is whether you should consider that kidless vacation instead. That may be the better investment anyway, almost regardless of what you think of BBRY!

BTW, I like your Gallardo! (I think that's the car in your pic)
    Last edited by app_Developer; 02-14-17 at 07:14 PM.
    02-14-17 06:51 PM
    That some good advice. The problem is, since I started this thread, I have come to realize that it's not about losing my money or making some money..... I just can't let go them as I'm way to attached. Just like I refuse to let go of my BlackBerry made phone with BlackBerry OS! My friends and family always say I'll be buried with my BlackBerry. So I mind as well hold on to the shares as well! No need to talk to the professionals

....and as for that vacation, I'm sure we will manage to get away without selling my shares!

Decision made! Lol

Posted via CB10
    02-14-17 07:04 PM
    That some good advice. The problem is, since I started this thread, I have come to realize that it's not about losing my money or making some money..... I just can't let go them as I'm way to attached. Just like I refuse to let go of my BlackBerry made phone with BlackBerry OS! My friends and family always say I'll be buried with my BlackBerry. So I mind as well hold on to the shares as well! No need to talk to the professionals

....and as for that vacation, I'm sure we will manage to get away without selling my shares!

Decision made! Lol

Posted via CB10
    Go BlackBerry!
    02-14-17 07:10 PM
    I believe that with the uptick in the gross margins from S&S that BlackBerry stock has the potential to break $10 again. That being said, I'm like you as well, attached and don't want to sell.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-17 07:10 PM

The BBRY cafe [was: I support BBRY and I buy shares] - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Based on their history with BBRY.... not sure I would quote them as a good place for advice. They are always long on BBRY (even though some there are clear day traders of the stock) - of course at this point most have to be if they ever want to see a return.

OP... I will say that I think BlackBerry's business looks to be moving towards stability... But I don't see the potential for growth that many other stocks out there have, you would probably be safer and see more growth out of a mutual fund than BBRY at this point.
    02-21-17 10:20 AM