Hard working engineer's at BBRY had done excellent job and build an amazing OS and product...However I think execution had three big common sense issues -

1)Z10 was priced extremely high...BlackBerry was yet to build it's eco system so to price It at or above Iphone5 was a huge a mistake...It should have priced as a mid teir phone with a low margin to get volume sales.

2) Q10 should have had track ball configurable option...So many people did not even try because of that...Give that as option...common sence...

3)Q5 again ridculasly priced phone..

Posted via CB10
    Revampd likes this.
    09-24-13 10:22 PM
    Your post spot on over priced phones, they sell when available at reduced price, just bought new sim free Q5 and Z10 at half price, local stock going quickly, both brilliant phones,
    09-25-13 01:58 AM
    'Awesome products' didn't lack sales becasue of overpricing and a lack of a trackball, but because they were not 'Awesome products'. The market spoke.

The products were priced similarly to other smartphones. The issue with pricing them the same, was because they weren't as good as the prodcuts they were similarly priced with. That highlights their lack of awesomeness.

If they were indeed awesome, they would have sold regardless of their price and lack of a trackball.
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    09-25-13 11:16 AM
    The problem with the BB10 products wasn't that they weren't good products; it was that they were good products that arrived at least 1 1/2 years too late relative to other good products that were already released.

(The high initial prices for the BB10 devices didn't help matters either, but their late arrival was the much bigger problem.)
    09-25-13 11:24 AM
    I think the biggest problem is that consumer perception flowed through to sales people who never gave Blackberry a chance. I saw for myself countless times at kiosks in the malls where the BlackBerry demo units were unplugged, and when I asked why was told because they needed the power outlet for something else. And since nobody will want these we just leave them that way.
    Yet I would see many people come up to the display units trying to see how they would work and after seeing they were powered off they would just move on to the next phone.
    BlackBerry pays for these display spaces and should have followed through to make sure that they were being maintained and promoted properly. Blackberry's mistake was thinking that their phones would sell themselves and that sales staff would give them equal opportunity and promotion.

I witnessed sales staff at Bestbuy a year and a half ago tell a potential customer not to buy a Blackberry because they had already gone bankrupt. The uneducated consumer takes the advice as a fact and moved on.

They should have set up temporary sales/ demo kiosks in the malls when the BB10 products first launched.

There is nothing wrong with the phones themselves.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 12:33 PM
    The problem Blackberry has is not the phone itself, but brand buy in. People don't want to have to re-buy all of the apps they've purchased before from iOS or Android unless there is a really compelling reason to do so. Neither the Z10 or Q10 really made the case that they were phones that were going to change the game or do anything different than iOS or Android. Coupled with the fact that most people are generally happy with their platform of choice.
    09-25-13 03:25 PM
    Agree with high price failure but the track ball is so dated imho.
    For the Q10 i would have gone with a 3.5" screen minimum and it was easy: you only had to make the top narrower like on the Z30.
    With the screen coming just under the front camera getting rid of the Blackberry logo.
    With a taller screen you wouldn't have to croll to see pictures in their entirety, a thing that i'm getting used to but that i still find embarassing for a smartphone.
    (The Z10 has another issue: the battery life is not that great).

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 05:50 PM
    I think the biggest problem is that consumer perception flowed through to sales people who never gave Blackberry a chance. I saw for myself countless times at kiosks in the malls where the BlackBerry demo units were unplugged, and when I asked why was told because they needed the power outlet for something else. And since nobody will want these we just leave them that way.
    Yet I would see many people come up to the display units trying to see how they would work and after seeing they were powered off they would just move on to the next phone.
    BlackBerry pays for these display spaces and should have followed through to make sure that they were being maintained and promoted properly. Blackberry's mistake was thinking that their phones would sell themselves and that sales staff would give them equal opportunity and promotion.

I witnessed sales staff at Bestbuy a year and a half ago tell a potential customer not to buy a Blackberry because they had already gone bankrupt. The uneducated consumer takes the advice as a fact and moved on.

They should have set up temporary sales/ demo kiosks in the malls when the BB10 products first launched.

There is nothing wrong with the phones themselves.

Posted via CB10
    This problem is not unique to BlackBerry. I am yet to find a Sony or HTC powered up and ready to go. A visit to Best Buy today ... just one working Q5 .
    09-25-13 07:44 PM