Despite all the financial doom and gloom that's been circulating these forums over the last few days, I think there's one very important piece
    of information that many have overlooked. Blackberry has a huge inventory of unsold Z10's and as such they plan to cut the prices to help move
    this stock.
    Whilst at this time we have no idea what these new prices will be, (I've heard the word entry level tossed around.) I feel that this could be really
    beneficial to BB10 Adoption. (and in turn blackberry itself.)

Windows Phone. Is doing dreadfully in the high end market but has seen booming success in the low end market where the Lumia 520 has been
    selling very well. Its a simple matter of fact that the low end is the future of mobile and honestly, the 520 is the only reason Nokia survived up until the Microsoft acquisition.

The 520 is evidence that Blackberry could see a huge uptick in consumer adoption with a cheaper z10. Though I don't think we'll be seeing the Z10 hit prices like the 520,
    cheaper devices are always a good thing. This and the soon to be (possibly?) released C-Series phone, could sell really well. Price has so far been the single largest barrier separating BB10 devices from existing BB7 customers (which really are blackberry's target market anyway.)

I wound up picking up a Windows phone myself while I waited for a cheaper BB10 to come out. (Was thinking this would be the Q5 but I'm still waiting! ha!) So I'm hoping that these price cuts come through
    soon because I'd love to pick up a Z10.

Just my 2c.
    Dodger52 likes this.
    09-22-13 06:45 AM
    Really sharp prices in belgium 299� in some shops. This is about the same price as a lot of descent entry/mid range smartphones.
    Last edited by RubenDM; 09-22-13 at 08:49 AM.
    09-22-13 06:50 AM
    Maybe we'll see cheaper z10's hitting the market now that BlackBerry inventory has been written off.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 08:01 AM
    "Saving BlackBerry" is thrown around way too lightly these days considering the scope of the problem.

It took BB 2 years to sell out their inventory of approx. 2 million Playbooks at $149-199. That didn't result in the avalanche of developer interest that would have been necessary for BB10 to succeed.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    09-22-13 10:19 AM
    Dear BBRY,

I have been a very vocal advocate in helping advertise your brand in the states.

Can I get a $150 rebate for each of my two Z10s which I paid a high-end price for now that they are being retiered?

Thanksies! ^.^

-STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4780 TMO US
    Mack Gans likes this.
    09-22-13 10:50 AM
    I showed my Z10 to a friend and she really liked it. If she can get it much cheaper, then I think she will buy it. She liked the video quality of a movie I downloaded and she liked the sound quality of some of the songs I had loaded.
    I wouldn't be surprized if this helps.
    Don't forget, a lot of companies lower the price of products as newer versions appear. It happens in the tech world all of the time. Think CPUs and graphics cards, for instance. They keep selling them, just for less money.
    09-22-13 10:56 AM
    Dear BBRY,

I have been a very vocal advocate in helping advertise your brand in the states.

Can I get a $150 rebate for each of my two Z10s which I paid a high-end price for now that they are being retiered?

Thanksies! ^.^

They are retiered because they are not new. You bought them when they were still fairly new.
    09-22-13 10:57 AM
    Really sharp prices in belgium 299€ in some shops. This is about the same price as a lot of descent entry/mid range smartphones.
    Is this "off-contract"?
    09-22-13 10:58 AM
    They are retiered because they are not new. You bought them when they were still fairly new.
    Yep.

But kinda funny how value works.

IMO we early adopters paid more when it was worth less with stock 10.0. :P

I apologize if it wasn't apparent I was joking. I'm not delusional.

09-22-13 10:59 AM
    Is this "off-contract"?
    Yess... off contract.
    Check @ vandenborre, or allo telecom (350?).

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 11:03 AM
    Yep.

But kinda funny how value works.

IMO we early adopters paid more when it was worth less with stock 10.0. :P

I apologize if it wasn't apparent I was joking. I'm not delusional.

Sometimes I miss people's humour. My bad
    09-22-13 11:03 AM
    Sometimes I miss people's humour. My bad
    Oh no no its fine I'm right there with ya.

09-22-13 11:04 AM
    My dad wants a Z10 but is stuck with another two years on his 9900. If it was more affordable to upgrade he'd have done so.

BlackBerry really needs to get on moving these phones.
    09-22-13 02:07 PM
    Here in the States the Z10 has been $0 on contract at many online resellers for several months. Verizon has had it for $0 down on two year contract for a while also, but you can only find it by searching for it.

The problem is the value of a smartphone today is based on what it can and can NOT do... BlackBerry devices have too many things in the can NOT category.

Posted via CB10
    len pothier and phuoc like this.
    09-22-13 05:00 PM
    BB10 devices should have come lunging out of the gates dirt cheap. BlackBerry's reputation was amid the dog sh..t. They needed to get BB10 into people's hands to overcome the preconceptions. If they had done that then their mind-share, market share and app-share could have grown. They didn't do it. They clung to the idea that they could be perceived as offering premium devices. Did they not know that people saw steam rising from them as it rises from a freshly deposited dog doopeedoop?

Flogging their stuff cheap might be too late now. They've lost the benefit of first impression. What could have seemed like a hurricane could just seem like a fart.

Might work though. I hope so. BB10 is my favourite OS.

Fable Publishing: C0012255F
    09-22-13 05:33 PM
    Yes, let's sell the phones at a loss, claim we are going to fix all these issues. Then start work on a new os but assure everyone that when it is done it will definitely be available to everyone buying the devices... where have I seen that before...

At this point I really believe they have lost so much time that any attempt at that while it might move devices would likely be too little too late and with a product that is not nearly as complete as the competition who also pretty much all have entry level pricing for devices.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 06:01 PM