Hi guys what do u think will BlackBerry continue BB10 OS

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 09:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    They have to.
    11-05-13 09:09 AM
    I don't think so because of BB10 OS BlackBerry face so many problems. Hope they will launch new models with android

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 09:18 AM
    I don't think so because of BB10 OS BlackBerry face so many problems. Hope they will launch new models with android

Posted via CB10
    Never will happen. How many phone makers are successful with using Android? How much time would it take for Blackberry to make a secure version of Android? They would lose all government, military and business sales by going with Android. That is who is buying the phone now.
    11-05-13 09:21 AM
    If you want android why would you buy a BB branded one with crappier specs. Seriously?
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-05-13 09:34 AM
    Now that 10.2 seems to be OK ( from Crackberry) . They need to make better hardware. A revamped Z10 would be a good start followed by a bigger screen (BIGGER!) QWERTY or a killer slider model.
    11-05-13 11:01 AM
    Now that 10.2 seems to be OK ( from Crackberry) . They need to make better hardware. A revamped Z10 would be a good start followed by a bigger screen (BIGGER!) QWERTY or a killer slider model.
    10.2 is better... but it still lacks many features and based on the number of people asking for help after updating.... not so sure it is really OK. All OS Platforms have bugs and quirks... but BB10 is still very much a very immature operation system in a world of very mature ones.

But the question is WHAT does BlackBerry really plan for the future. At this point we don't know if they are going to go "prosumer" and only make enterprise level handsets. We don't know if they will get out of hardware completely (they say they aren't - of course they said the Z10 was selling great). Or will they give the consumer market a 2nd chance.

The thing is I don't think many people really trust or believe what is being "said". BlackBerry's new CEO needs to come out and plainly say what they want to do, and how they hope to be able to do it. Without them trying to build a little trust and positive intentions... I'm not sure they will really have much control over what happens.
    11-05-13 11:09 AM
    they should have done so many years ago. BB10 is awesome but still in its infancy I have a Z10 and I will still chose it over all the competition the pros > the annoyances bugs and lack of some features
    11-05-13 12:10 PM
    The thing is I don't think many people really trust or believe what is being "said". BlackBerry's new CEO needs to come out and plainly say what they want to do, and how they hope to be able to do it. Without them trying to build a little trust and positive intentions... I'm not sure they will really have much control over what happens.
    Totally agree with this! Uncertainty is killing BlackBerry right now.

I think the new interim CEO will do just that. Judging from comments he has made in the past he believes in letting everyone know the plan to take the uncertainty out of things. Hopefully we will see what BlackBerry's plans are and they will start executing on them.
    11-05-13 12:16 PM
    duh! of course they will...
    11-05-13 12:20 PM
    BB10 isn't going to leave. The choice to use Android is long past.
    11-05-13 12:21 PM
    Do bears poo in the woods?
    11-05-13 12:40 PM
    And,will blackberry make the "newer"os available to the older BB10 phones the way apple does?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 02:35 PM
    Do bears poo in the woods?
    Haven't you seen the commercial , "Charmin Ultra 2010 Toilet Paper Commercial"
    stackberry369 likes this.
    11-05-13 02:43 PM
    Blackberry should focus on the government and military, forget about CIA,FBI ,Wall Street , people like this don't need secure phones they have nothing to hide.
    Blackberry will be only for the elite people, that don't want to play games or watch TV.
    11-05-13 02:47 PM
    And,will blackberry make the "newer"os available to the older BB10 phones the way apple does?

Posted via CB10
    by 'newer' I take it you don't mean 10.2 since they've already rolled out updates for that to the other BB10 devices. There seems to be a somewhat common thread of BBRY 'abandoning' older handsets when rolling out a new OS so one can only hope that they have learned their lesson.

That being said, when the base DNA of the iPhone doesn't generally change that much from one version to the next, it's relatively easy to make sure the os will be backwards compatible (assuming of course the device has the guts to actually run the OS rather than just limp through while technically 'running' the OS.

Not knowing much about QNX and the basic DNA of the BB10 devices I would hope that they could at least optimize BB10OS a little better to not require quite as much RAM to run in the future and if there is any sane direction at the top they will make damn sure that new OS releases based on BB10 will be backwards compatible with the full range of BB10 devices (whatever that may look like when/if that happens)
    11-05-13 03:03 PM
    This will play out just like the PlayBook. Lip service until they move the inventory, then lights out.

Existing devices will survive for a couple of years, but don't expect any major OS upgrades, new devices, new Apps.

This is now a software and services company (aka the IBM model of business transformation) the major focus is now to grow the BES, MDM and BBM business's.

No business can continue to offer products that loose money. That's what charities do.

If you like bb10, go ahead and enjoy it, but be realistic about its future.
    JeepBB and Troy Tiscareno like this.
    11-05-13 03:49 PM
    They have no reason not to. It's too late to backtrack anyways. As revelations from the Globe and Mail article has shown, there's been too much dithering and confusion these last 3-5 years at RIM/Blackberry, and abandoning BB10 will only lead to another cheap android device that will not sell = final bullet.
    11-05-13 03:54 PM
    http://techcrunch.com/2013/11/05/htc-q4-expectations/

That theory not working for htc, they are running android.

Think they are better off running bb10, just need to advertise it.

You wouldn't know good if it bit you in the...!
    11-05-13 03:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    Umm BB10 pretty much IS BlackBerry.

?10
    11-05-13 09:37 PM