Can't stand ios and it's limitations. Android is a mess. Never tried windows but it seems complicated. After WebOs died, it's BlackBerry for me.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 10:19 AM
    Why people still using other devices, its the question...

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 12:59 AM
    First BlackBerry I had was the 9105 pearl. Fell in love with it due to it being the most unique of all.

Then I got the my Z10. At first I was disappointed in the hardware compared to Samsung. But as I used it more and more I started falling in love all over again. First it was the keyboard with its swipe to type, then everything else just fell into place for me to love it more.

No lie BlackBerry is lacking in hardware department but it makes up for it on the software.

Only way I'd change us if the hardware and software fall to far behind or if they go out of business.

Some people call it loyalty to a brand, I call it love.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 04:23 AM
    BB10 on different hardware would work for me. There are a lot of phones appealing to the eye and have attractive specifications but I just don't like the OS whether it be Windblows/iOS or Android.

I like the BB10 experience however I do like the fact that the BlackBerry Z series is a full touchscreen experience with just the essential buttons like the Power Button, Volume up/down and mute. There really is no need for home buttons or back buttons on a full touch screen handset and I think others should embrace this eventually but it's not everyone's bag of onions of course.
    GLTruesdale likes this.
    04-30-14 04:33 AM
    Keyboard, battery life. Hub/unified inbox. Q10 never lags, crashes, ect.

For better or worse I think BlackBerry is more trustworthy in handling my information.

I'd still be happy with a 9900 at this point. I do like the browser better on the Q10 though.

I'd use an Android with cyanogenmod if I wasn't on BB.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 07:31 AM
    Because I took my requirements for a phone and for 90% of my needs, BB10 does it best.

The other 10% is handled by Snap. And in terms of that, I never need to use android apps daily. Mostly never. So that 90% is probably 98%. So, 98% of the time, BB10 does everything better and faster.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 11:31 AM
    I love hub, BB10 color scheme, white menus, sound quality, BB10 virtual keyboard. I love look of icons and general feel of OS.
    Android gave me more features, but for me BB10 is more pleasing to use. If BB10 switch to red accents, black menus and backgrounds and if icon background disappear, I'll go back to Android or maybe Ios.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 12:16 PM
    As a teenager, i could have bought an iphone 5 or an Android sony or htc to be somehow look cool to my friends. But i dont like how android works while the iphone seems ok to me. I was already looking for iphones around the stores when i suddenly saw a z10 sample so i googled it and tried some sample phones in my carrier. I was amazed by how it works and was excited to buy one. I find the os so fluid and fast. It just make things so simple. Also i was amazed at the keyboard.

I know that when you say teenagers all you think is "apps". The first thing the goes into your mind is that teenagers dig android and ios games and social apps. Well for me im ok with the apps in bb10. Im not expecting more from it. In college i need some apps too to use in school such as calculus calculators in case i left mine at home but i can always just sideload some android apps so no worries. Its a win win for me. I love the phone that im using and i can sideload any other apps that i need.

And lastly, the girl that i like in college is also using a z10 so put that into a win win win situation haha.

Posted via My Awesome Z10
    05-03-14 01:19 PM
    Nothing can beat a BlackBerry when it comes to phone calls, email, messaging and the rest are just bonus.

Beproud - BlackBerry 10
    05-03-14 09:16 PM
    Nothing can beat a BlackBerry when it comes to phone calls, email, messaging and the rest are just bonus.

Beproud - BlackBerry 10
    Yeah, and that is a biggest problem for Blackberry - their strong points are not appealing to the masses anymore.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 06:44 AM
    I like its brand. Now I m using z10. Curve 2 was my first phone I have ever use at my age 18 y/o. In future I hope BlackBerry will come with greater and brand new looking.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 08:46 AM
    I am using blackberry since they launch BIS with BB Bold 9000. No Android at that time and no heard about iphone in Indonesia.
    My BB 9000 still in good condition, I choose it because the keyboard and the phone it self. I do not care about security (BIS user). What I want that I have very easy phone with many shortcut, keyboard, easy to self upgrade and the phone like a rock.
    Then, I see a widget, very use full and good and easy when you turn on the phone light you will see what you need.
    Theme for OS7 can provide it, but about the weather, OS7 can do that.
    Then came to era virtual keyboard and BB 10, and I lost the widget .... so sad, because I love BB but after work with full of everything and tired .. no game ... no work just want to see my widget and play with it.
    I realize that with BB10 if BB will add widget it will change the OS concept (may be afraid people said copy from Android) and may be afraid if they apply it, the gadget cost will be increase .... processor, memory (the expensive part beside the screen).
    Hope my dream back again
    05-05-14 08:46 PM
    Because it meets my needs

*Its a fully capable smart phone, with wifi tethering, browser, e-mail but

*Its not glass screen, or large, or heavy and

*its got hardware keys for typing and dialling

(Plus nice camera, decent storage expandability)

And actually blackberry are kind of cool. Only devices that exist that seem to have some level of design pragmatism and everyone else has ridiculous android touch screen phones, so that makes it kinda elite, kinda hip. If I pull out my phone ill get more noticed than someone with a samsung or iphone.

Im not a business user, or heavy text, email or social media person.. I just prefer a more practical design, overall.

Only phone in the entire world that meets my needs, as someone who has a seven inch tablet, and doesn't want to baby a glass screen phone around all day (with no hardware keys, and difficult to use as an actual phone!) for reasonably irregular internet access on the go, at those times I don't have my seven inch (and for when I do via a hotspot if theres no wifi)

Just a shame the 9360 doesn't have wifi direct, but I am sure I can find a way to share the drive - because thats another bonus of the second device, an extra 32gb drive to work with.
    Last edited by Jamie Brahm; 05-06-14 at 09:07 PM.
    05-06-14 08:24 PM
    I think thats what will make them win in the end.

Tablets will be bigger than smart phones, have faster adoption rates, and so, unless you have a deep need to check websites on a big screen device or play games - while walking down the street, the whole big screened smart phone becomes much less useful.

What becomes more useful is a more portable device, with good everyday functions, such as, maps, calling, emailling, messaging (and including messaging for social media for those FB junkies).

When your indoors anywhere, or somewhere you can sit down, the big screened smart phone is an inferior experience to the 6.5-10 inch tablet. Given the adoption rate, and the maxing of the smart phone market, that means the large screen touch only device should take a dive each year from here on in.
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    05-06-14 09:01 PM
    Hey guys!!!

I got the Z10 since this past march!! And I have to say its amazing they way things are organized, the convenience of how easy you can share everything within anything. Keyboard is amazing of course I had bad typing with the iPhone. Add to that I have instagram pinterest Soundcloud amazon songza viber all on it.

It is fast and pretty fluid. Two things I don't like the fact I have to go to settings to put my phone to silence. Wish they had button for that and the battery life.

Since the Z10.

Never used the iPhone really

Hoping the 10.3 will emphasize on more productivity.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 12:24 PM
    Both...yes I said it. You're not providing the ability for people to answer their own opinion if you say you can't answer both.

I love BB10 OS and I've never had a problem with their hardware either.

Others can disagree and that's OK. That's what makes us unique. I personally never had a problem with BlackBerry hardware.

BlackBerry 10 on BlackBerry hardware!!!!

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    05-10-14 12:55 PM
    I have a Bold 9900, and my choice was all about the hardware. I wanted:
    • a physical keyboard
    • removable storage (I want enough space to hold all of my music)
    • a user-swappable battery

All the OS needs to do is run the phone, text (SMS), and browse the web the odd time. When the time comes, I will shift to the classic with OS10, or any other device that meets my hardware requirements.
    05-10-14 01:19 PM
117 ... 345