I have to go with a BlackBerry hardware/Android OS. Convince of a keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 03:22 PM
    For me personally, I'd still be using a BlackBerry (as I do now), but the size of it would be between a Z10 & Z30. If, and that is a big if, the Z30 is around the same size as the Samsung Galaxy S3/4/5, then for me, it will be too big. Yes, I'd use it, but after a while it would get on my nerves.

I know me
    04-12-14 03:27 PM
    Why do you ask?
    04-12-14 03:43 PM
    Hear me out, what I'm asking is: If you had to choose, would you rather use BlackBerry hardware (i.e. a Z30) with an Android/iOS/Windows Phone operating system, or would you rather have 10.2.1 running on an LG/Samsung/Nokia phone?
    I use a Blackberry Q10, because:
    1. It has the best hardware keyboard available.
    2. Its software has functional enhancements specifically geared to the hardware keyboard. Other operating systems don't have these, as they have abandoned physical keyboards.

So, in short, I use a BlackBerry because it has the hardware I want, and the software which specifically exploits that hardware.
    Last edited by clickitykeys; 04-12-14 at 04:38 PM.
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    04-12-14 04:14 PM
    Because I expect 5-6 years out my electronic devices, I'm not going to keep up the landfill to keep companies going in upgrading for their revenues. EOL to me is end of my statutory rights in the UK.

Example: Bridge PB to BB phone, Pearl 3G 9105 charging point broken, cost �6.50 to buy and import the external charger from USA.

So light its CO2 footprint from US to UK is almost negotiable to a pittance tax wise, so the �3 saving over UK purchase and posting massively offsets and next time I fly I add �3 to my carbon emissions donation.

I pay mine and some of you BB users carbon footprint at the same cost - everyones a winner

Pearl 3G - Why alphanumeric BB's don't exist so its easier for others to move to BB handsets is beyond reason. Its the biggest marketshare - still. With more than its horrendously terrible cheap plastic this handset and curved key shape could have cornered another market. It's an absolute great phone - bar its casing and not so easy keys to press, a simple casing design flaw is easy corrected, the hardware is solid.
    Last edited by Orange UK; 04-12-14 at 04:37 PM.
    rizztazz torch likes this.
    04-12-14 04:23 PM
    BB10 on a Note3! That would be perfect or an HTC One M8
    anon(5061193) and DINGSTER1 like this.
    04-12-14 08:36 PM
    Universal search does it for me. I can do ANYTHING from a single place

Posted via CB10
    rizztazz torch likes this.
    04-13-14 07:35 PM
    Thank you all for the replies! Very informative insight!

It seems the majority side BB due to the OS itself, which is understandable. Good stuff!
    04-15-14 03:52 PM
    Op, hardware ands software are closely coupled. Why you want to choose between two non optimized options? For me, a specific hardware that designed to be utilized for a specific software would be maximum value for me. Not mismatch OS, handsets, you always have "waste". Due to the original design of either OS or the hardware was not utilized. (or in worse case, you have deficiency in one, you can't utilize the full potential of the other). Thx, but no thx. Even DROID got problem to utilize full potential of OS- hardware, that is possibly why you showed up on CB? You don't have to answer. :-)

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 12:27 AM
    In a world increasingly snooping into my life, BlackBerry is a haven. Technically superior OS. Beautifully functional OS. That's why I use BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 07:04 AM
    Simply put! I like practical devices that are efficient. I like to get things done and keep it moving!

Z10 (STL 100-3) Superphone with vitamin 10.2.1.2179
    04-19-14 12:35 PM
    Software. I would do bb10 on an HTC one. Nice phone and even better software if it had bb10. That is the m8 htc one.

Finally posted from my BlackBerry Z30
    04-20-14 04:47 PM
    Why I choose BlackBerry

Apple�s control and limits on the iPhone is too frustrating.

Android can be made to work, but Google is an evil marketing company and I don�t like constant advertising everywhere.

Windows Phone is too limited and simple

That leaves BlackBerry, a good mix of features, efficiency, security, privacy and allows me to just get things done in a flexible way.
    04-22-14 04:54 AM
    I'm using it simply because I want to. I'm not tied to a brand. I have iPhones, Androids, WP's, and BlackBerries. Right now I'm simply enjoying all the different technology and my Z10 is a daily driver on one of my lines.

I see it as my personal choice to be bias free and just enjoy everything. I'm not compelled by popular choice, brand loyalty, or price points. It's a pretty fun way to be. =)

�Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk�
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    04-22-14 05:06 AM
    Why I choose BlackBerry

Apple�s control and limits on the iPhone is too frustrating.

Android can be made to work, but Google is an evil marketing company and I don�t like constant advertising everywhere.

Windows Phone is too limited and simple

That leaves BlackBerry, a good mix of features, efficiency, security, privacy and allows me to just get things done in a flexible way.
    Agree here. I dreaded my iPhone because you cant download anything from anywhere. And same about Google to. Good points that need to be brought up here

04-22-14 01:38 PM
    I am the big fan of BlackBerry that's why I am using BlackBerry Q5

Posted via CB10
    stlabrat likes this.
    04-25-14 08:30 PM
    Tough question as I love the form factor and keyboard of the Q10 and I love bb10. So I guess I would chose BlackBerry 10 on an android qwerty device.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 09:45 PM
    Tough question as I love the form factor and keyboard of the Q10 and I love bb10. So I guess I would chose BlackBerry 10 on an android qwerty device.

Posted via CB10
    I guess this makes sense. Now being in an all touch device it doesn't matter. But go back to my 9930 and I would have said no because this is my former factor of choice and BlackBerry is the only one and the best one. And I can imagine the q10 takes that crown. So staying with BlackBerry hardware makes sense here

04-26-14 10:03 PM
    Why i use BlackBerry??? Simply because I'm comfortable with it. When i started using the BlackBerry Curve 4 years ago, i got addicted to it's keyboard and BIS. The pushmail service was another reason for addiction.
    Right now I'm using Z10. Initially it was a little frustrating and i was thinking of switching back to the legacy OS. Then i came across various posts all of which suggested that we (Z10 and i) should get to know each other. ..and it worked..
    The keyboard prediction...awesome.. the hub .. just great...

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 10:36 PM
    No question about it for me...BB10 over hardware! But if there no physical keyboard - hardware over BB10.
    04-26-14 10:41 PM
    Email, Hub, Business use, Software, Hardware, Apps I need, multitasking machine! Love my BB!

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 12:18 AM
    for me, i would say BB10 OS on a BlackBerry Device...
    04-27-14 02:56 AM
    Initial thoughts, "join the club of trolls with nothing better to do" but you indeed pose a valid question.

I suppose the reason I'm sticking with BlackBerry for the foreseeable future is the software. Hardware isn't really a big factor in my decision otherwise I reckon I would have waited for a Q(werty device) despite the delays. Apple been making better looking phones for ages, Samsung never fail to deliver a slew of pretty little or BIG (BK have it your way) devices that turn my head every now and then but I'm all for the brains over beauty. Sony and Nokia doing their thing in a corner somewhere too.

I can say without reserve that, I am totally enamoured with BB10 OS. It is stable, it is secure, it is efficient; helps me keep a track of my daily schedule and tasks, messaging and social circle seamlessly. In fact the only three things that would take me away from blackberry devices are; 1) If the OS was to change in some dramatic way to the extent that it no longer works as well as it does, 2) If the BB10 OS went cross platform wholly ; Man, those Apple devices sure is puurty! If I had a pound for every time I heard, "is that the new BlackBerry? Wow it looks like a iphone" >=O
    And 3) Death.

I hope this has gone a way to at least partially answering your question. I certainly enjoyed expressing my passion for BB10. Good question.

.2141 what's the difference? .1925 still the bangingest til I know any different.
    04-27-14 04:21 AM
    Picture password, HDMI, efficient, stable... what else... why this thread?

Posted via CB10
    stlabrat likes this.
    04-27-14 04:33 AM
    Definately the OS. For me the OS on an HTC M8 would be perfect. The Z30 is an excellent phone but I prefer LCD to amoled. Will be looking for a used Z30 if the prices don't come down on new as the spec does not justify the price right now.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    04-27-14 06:30 AM
117 ... 2345