If it allows me to manage App permissions it might be an option but...than God I don't have to worry about that for some time :-)

Posted via the pure awesomeness of blackberry.
    02-12-15 07:01 AM
    I'm already pretty comfortable with BB10, Android, iOS, and Meego, so if I feel like experimenting with a new system, then maybe Ubuntu phone--especially if Ubuntu/Canonical makes a super phone some day.

Experimentation aside, iOS will probably be my workhorse phone because I like the apps/hardware/support combo it offers and I think that the Apple Homekit integration will be the standard for controlling your home with your phone.
    02-12-15 07:39 AM
    Experimentation aside, iOS will probably be my workhorse phone because I like the apps/hardware/support combo it offers and I think that the Apple Homekit integration will be the standard for controlling your home with your phone.
    Look, you made a good joke. Apple and Standards, because they follow so many industry standards....
    02-12-15 11:57 PM
    I'm going to ebay and buy a blackberry Z30 every six months so I can never run out of phones and so if anyone ask where did I get that blackberry I can tell em that I bought the last one! :-D

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 11:26 PM
    I'm going to ebay and buy a blackberry Z30 every six months so I can never run out of phones and so if anyone ask where did I get that blackberry I can tell em that I bought the last one! :-D

Posted via CB10
    I like your thinking!

Posted via the pure awesomeness of blackberry.
    02-15-15 12:52 AM
    In the unlikely event, it will be crypto or else we�ll be back to ankle bracelets for pigeons
    02-16-15 11:15 PM
    Android of course, most likely a Nexus. Freedom to install the apps I want, decent dev tools, a lively community of custom ROMs, highly supported in enterprise environments (whatever this means). Not even a difficult choice at this point.

The anti-android vibe I get from the BlackBerry community is only matched by their apparent exotic fondness for Microsoft products. Quite quaint, perhaps it's all part of the early 90's thing that seems to be popular (like the brutal divide between "serious business" and "toys" which extends to being able to watch videos).

That said BB10 is very good and I hope I can keep on using it.

Posted via CB10
    eyesopen1111 and King Dack like this.
    02-17-15 08:33 AM
    A flip phone and a note pad. See if I can find something equivalent to an old "PDA".

Z10 (STL 100-3) still on 10.2.1.3337
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    02-17-15 10:06 AM
    Then I will buy as many BlackBerry phones as I can to last me until I die. That or snail mail, fax or telephone.

BLΛCKBΣЯЯY PΛSSPӨЯŦ
    02-17-15 10:48 AM
    IPhone. Just like the company I work for. They dumped BlackBerry and are now deploying IPhones.

They are not using BES once all the BlackBerry are turned in.

BlackBerry hates America!
    02-20-15 06:09 AM
    IPhone. Just like the company I work for. They dumped BlackBerry and are now deploying IPhones.

BlackBerry hates America!
    I understand how you must feel, resistance is futile, your gonna be part of the collective !
    Black Ice likes this.
    02-20-15 07:12 AM
    'Exotic fondness for Microsoft ' - made me chuckle :-D

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 04:22 PM
    I have an exotic fondness for things with lots of buttons on. And underdog tech that constantly battles with obsolescence. BlackBerry hits my sweet spot along with my casio calculator watch. Past favourites have been the commodore Amiga, atari Lynx and Psion organiser.

Apple screwed me over. They were totally on the ropes when I got my first mac...

Posted via CB10
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    02-20-15 04:31 PM
    To my closet where I will secure any one of several back up devices. Some might be OS5, but ill manage, and be content.
    02-20-15 04:45 PM
    I have an exotic fondness for things with lots of buttons on. And underdog tech that constantly battles with obsolescence. BlackBerry hits my sweet spot along with my casio calculator watch. Past favourites have been the commodore Amiga, atari Lynx and Psion organiser.

Apple screwed me over. They were totally on the ropes when I got my first mac...

Posted via CB10
    Given your exotic fondness, you should look for a Nokia 950. It had a landscape slider physical keyboard (plenty of buttons) and ran Meego, the ultimate underdog tech, which was so betrayed by Steven Elop that the tech battled with obsolescence from day one.
    02-20-15 10:50 PM
    Definitely a windows phone!!! No to Droid or apple

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 02:53 AM

Curious, what if you need real file management and flexible attachment handling?
    02-23-15 04:23 AM
    Curious, what if you need real file management and flexible attachment handling?
    Hmmm, I suppose you'd just jailbreak your iPhone and get iFile and other tweaks that allow you to manage files and attachments. There are probably other ways to get this done as well, but jailbreaking an iPhone is probably the most fun.
    02-23-15 09:39 AM
    So I just bought an HTC desire 620. It just looked so shiny and nice! I've always had a soft spot for HTC design. Here are the pros and cons imo.

Pros:
    HTC sense 6 is a great android skin. Much nicer than the stock android I have experienced before.

Blinkfeed is really cool. Like the BlackBerry hub minus email, boo! But plus pictures, nice!

The battery life is awesome, like even better than my Q10.

The screen is HUGE!

Android apps have so much more polish than the BlackBerry versions.

Google voice recognition is Stella! Even with my west country drawl, it gets what I'm saying.

Cons:

The lag! It has a quad core 64bit processor, how the he'll can't it keep up with what I'm doing?

Fake multi tasking, I hate going back to a recent app and have it forget what I was in the middle of typing.

Google +. I can't stand Googles cross pollination of services. It is totally invasive and pisses me off.

VPN password 'bug'. Android will not remember your vpn login details in a vpn profile. You have to type in your username and password every single time you want to use your vpn.

I miss the PKB! Mostly I miss the keyboard shortcuts in the browser. Space to scroll is well under rated.

Conclusion:
    The 'app gap' isn't a big deal for me. I have installed exactly the same apps on my HTC as I have on my berry but the quality of those apps is noticbly better on android, like the devs push harder and care more.

Also, BlackBerry's claim of being for power users and not consumers is bull****. they are the same thing these days and BlackBerry's productivity tools, ie. docs to go, the new calender, assistant are all really crappy compared like google docs and google now and even windows mobile offerings, cortana and office.

I love my Q10 but in reality I think BlackBerry is dead in the water.

Make of it what you will, just sharing my experiences with the group! ;-)

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 04:03 PM
    Buy 10 more Passports to cover me for the following years and pray for a come back haha.. no if they really go bankrupt or anything I guess I'll go for WP... But my top 20 of phones I want to use is:
    1: BlackBerry
    2: BlackBerry
    3: BlackBerry ( and so on )
    19: Windows Phone
    20: Apple

(Android doesn't show up in my top 50 billion)

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Passport 
    02-27-15 04:35 PM
    Go underground....too Zion
    Erik_1991 and Franc Brugueras like this.
    02-27-15 10:26 PM
    BB10's until there is no more, then back to the good old Flip Phone.
    03-02-15 10:39 AM
    King Dack the basic issue with the HTC and any other Android based smart phone is the OS. Android is LACKING in everything. Even my Samsung GS4 runs like crap just after several months. What's all this talk about needing to restart the Android OS or something? Not to mention Android (iOS is Worst of all) is just not as intuitive as BB10 is. I am used to flow, speed an an OS that feels complete in every single respect. Nothing to date can touch BB10, those that use it understand what I am talking about.

Marketing is BlackBerry's main issue. Next is hardware price. They price BlackBerry phones way too much. For example the Z10 when launched was overpriced due to having 1.5 year old specs. People look at specs nowadays, regardless of platform, excluding the iPhone, Apple's been enjoying years of ripping people off with lack luster hardware and software, charging a premium just because its an Apple.

People are slowly catching on, BlackBerry just needs to make an effort in marketing BB10. And need to release hardware that people actually want. The Passport put BlackBerry on the map again, now its time for a true Z30 successor and a RIO type device for under $200.
    03-02-15 10:45 AM
    Blackberry isn't going to go away - it will live on as apps on other platforms. However, if you aren't a particular kind of enterprise user then you probably won't have any need to use them.
    03-02-15 10:54 AM
    They should be really pushing the app's on other platforms. They should have an android launcher that does the hub and a BlackBerry soft keyboard available cross platform. Microsoft have really pulled this kind of thing off lately making their products and brand visible to everyone on all platforms.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 03:36 AM
375 ... 12131415