so yesterday i have moved to iphone, will give it some time atleast a week and than see if i am coming back to bb or staying with iphone.
    10-17-13 04:33 PM
    I'll be the last one alive with a working BlackBerry. Not going anywhere until I'm booted out!

Posted via CB10
    tmanthib and Breezygirl8 like this.
    10-17-13 04:35 PM
    My 9789 almost disappeared today, during an upgrade.
    I was on build 18xx and wanted to upgrade.
    Crashed hard. Took me 4 hours to get it recovered to boot up at all. Back to the old 18xx build.
    I will have to be happy with that.
    What a close call.
    10-18-13 10:04 PM
    so yesterday i have moved to iphone, will give it some time atleast a week and than see if i am coming back to bb or staying with iphone.
    In America, that is always a tempting move. Even I jumped ship last November. I was on iPhone 4s for two solid months. I could not learn to love it. I have an iPod touch, so was used to the UI, and also have an Android. iPhone is not much different, except, IMO, has a BETTER user interface. More accurate typing (unless you have SwiftKey on Android - then they are equal). But the real glass display, solid build, and UI is excellent.

I had a few issues. I disliked the way every single app MUST post to the screen(s). Yes, you can Folder them, but they MUST post. In Android, they go to a hidden menu, and you decide if and when and where you post an icon. Or not. No such choice in iOS. Also did not like just having a one button command on the phone body itself. Preferred Android's three buttons (home, back, menu). I actually prefer Android's phone body menu more than WindowsPhone8, that I am now dabbling in. Windows has (home, back, search) and search only takes you to BIng search engine. Not my cup of tea.

But, hey, YOU are the pilot and YOU must decide your own destiny. For raw business communication, I prefer BlackBerry, and Legacy Berry at that (I like BIS for personal reasons and don't want to give it up for "10" yet).
    You may LOVE iOS. Millions of users do. Good luck!
    10-18-13 10:12 PM

Anybody switch to Android and miss BB OS?
    I got an Adroid as a backup a few years ago. Obviously, I'm biased toward BBerry. But in fairness, if I HAD to use Android full time, I absolutely could. As I could WindowsPhone8. Both are very fine platforms, IMO. Android and iPhone are very similar in may respects. My post above lists some differences. I'd personally take Android over iOS, but others would go iOS and not look back.

To answer your question directly, I did take one solid week and put my Berry in a drawer. I used Android exclusively. I missed BlackBerry. I did load an awesome email program on Android called "Aquamail". I had read from X-Berry fans that they missed their Berries less email wise when they used Aquamail. I agree. It made a big difference. The flow is more "Berry-Like". Droid has apps galore. Sure, not as many as iOS, but TONS more than Berry or WP8 (until MicroSoft catches up and they WILL catch up). After a week, I was glad to get my Berry back up and running. Berry, as you know, was designed to be a communication machine. A smart PDA, rather than a phone with a computer attached. If you want a handheld computer, you are probably better off with Android. Soooo many choices for you there.

Me, I'm sticking with Berry for a while. It works for me. And I'm continuing to play with my Nokia 521 Windows Phone8. So far, I'm impressed.
    10-18-13 10:26 PM
    Landline.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 12:49 AM
    Landline.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 10:55 AM
    I was looking at the Droid Maxx and it looks like a really nice phone. Unfortunately, Sprint doesn't carry that lineup so it's not an option for me.
    I've already been forced into a choice by company policy requiring direct connection to MS Exchange and unavailability of a mobile device management app from Mobile Device Management, Application Management & Expense Management from the Cloud | MaaS360 by Fiberlink. (OS10 connects to Exchange but the required app isn't available.)

I opted for Android and I have to say it's a pretty nice environment. Really light in the security department, though - within hours of activation, Verizon had pushed McAfee anti-virus to the device. Always a BlackBerry fan but making my way as best I can through the wilderness and finding it's not that bad. My Droid MAXX is a very competent smartphone.

Sent from my XT1080 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-22-13 10:58 AM
    I was looking at the Droid Maxx and it looks like a really nice phone. Unfortunately, Sprint doesn't carry that lineup so it's not an option for me.
    Odd at times with Sprint. No Z, only Q. No Nokia Lumia Windows Phones, and a few other missing items.

If I did do contracts, however, Sprint is a dollar saver, albeit perhaps not the best in performance or coverage.
    I thought about going with them and their Q10. Great economical plans for post-pay.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    10-22-13 01:43 PM
    Hi........
    Welcome to this site, which is useful and by which you can take knowledge about your query.
    I hope it will advantageous for you all.
    Thank You......
    TO check out please visit.......
    -----------------------------------------------------

ATI RADEON HD 5670 � SERIES GRAPHICS CARDS FROM AMD
    10-23-13 02:58 AM
    i will use my Q10 until it dead... and might be moving to motorola (my first phone is startac... and use motorla until RAZR2, then switch to onyx-dakota-Q10)
    10-23-13 08:16 PM
    I planned on keeping the z10 until it dies from purchase and had really never given thought to BlackBerry not being around. But in the case BlackBerry does go out and my z10 ever stops working I will be Nokia if they still exist. Android, all makes, is having a problem that so far Google either doesn't care to fix or can't. Apple has started falling from the tree and the biggest drop is in iOS7. Leaves on Microsoft and BlackBerry for a dependable device.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 08:24 PM
    I agree. I could not go with Apple. I tried loving my iPhone 4s. No joy.
    My Droid was OK for a while, but crashes, and other issues became a pain after a while.

My Nokia Windows Phone is the only device I have truly loved using other than BlackBerry.

But again, I don't think Berry is going ANYWHERE, except maybe SURFING!
    10-26-13 10:49 AM
    My next two devices will be a Z30 and Nexus 5 I believe.. not sure the order..
    Ordered that Nexus 5 yesterday...
    11-01-13 01:16 PM
    If Windows Phone get accepted as an equal platform.....
    11-01-13 01:22 PM
    Nexus 5 with Sailfish OS installed might be interesting option.

Better hardware than Jolla but no 'other half'

Choices choices...
    11-01-13 02:34 PM
    This Z10 will have to last me a long time. Haha.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 02:40 PM
    I hope my Z10 to stay with me for at least 2 extra years and in 2 years time I will check the existing options but if I had to move today I would purchase a windows phone device.

BBM rocks, WhatsApp sucks!
    11-04-13 01:27 PM
    I have no clue! My last non BlackBerry phone was a Samsung flip phone! Hopefully I'll never have to make that decision!

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 07:13 PM
    I'd like to try a Nokia windows phone. The OS is much improved.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 08:04 PM
    Have you tried a Windows Phone? It is very lame in features compared to BB10.
    11-05-13 12:43 AM
    Well I tried Nokia 930, nice phone but nothing works on that s***. Streaming doesn't work at all, some apps are missing like sonos controller.

My mum ist using wp since while and she likes it, but she's using it only for calls Skype, sms and whatsapp, that's all.

I like minimalistic user interface of wp very much, but the rest is simply crap.

Sold Nokia 930 after 1 day using, and bought q10.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 02:09 PM
    But in the case BlackBerry does go out and my z10 ever stops working I will be Nokia if they still exist.
    Posted via CB10
    Just came across this.. spooky ha

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 04:16 AM
    How to chose between Google and Apple ?

I probably would look for a third choice. But that's pure theory, isn't it ?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 04:19 AM
    Windows.....Android apps have too much malware. iPhone.....don't like.
    Make no mistakes....I'm not leaving Blackberry until I absolutely have no choice.
    10-24-14 12:29 PM
375 ... 910111213 ...