Work in a high end restaurant outside the GTA and a lot of business is conducted over lunch hours- it's at least a 50\50 split between blackberry vs iphone and androids - I'm a bit of a fan girl so I tend to notice ...now my kids tell me the playgrounds are filled with iphones...I guess it's where you look lol

Posted with a smile...and a Q10
    04-19-15 08:19 PM
    Ya BlackBerry is definitely doing ok up here in Canada. I see atleast 1 or 2 BB10 devices a day. Definitely number 3 here as I never see Windows phones. Have also had atleast 5 people recently switch back to BlackBerry too.

Posted via CB10
    syclone1978 likes this.
    04-20-15 01:34 PM
    Saw another Q10 carried by a musician at a Church event here in Minnesota this weekend. That's 3 Q10's, total, ever, since release.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 10:48 PM
    I live in a large metro area in the SE US. Most people carry iPhones or Android. iPhones are the most popular with school age kids. There seems to be a split among adults whether they go iPhone or Android. My daughter has an iPhone, my wife Android.

As for Blackberry, I've only seen about a handful of BB10 devices since launch (Z10s and Q10s). I always get comments on my Blackberry,mostly bewildered, but some positive.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 06:43 AM
    I have never seen another bb10 device besides mine. I live in the Pacific Northwest. I show it off all the time but no matter what it seems people are afraid of not fitting in.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 08:52 AM
    Abysmal

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 07:48 PM
    I have never seen another bb10 device besides mine. I live in the Pacific Northwest. I show it off all the time but no matter what it seems people are afraid of not fitting in.
    What do you see there?
    04-23-15 03:29 AM
    I see a lot of them now at work, but that's because they have migrated all the BBOS devices to BB10, or iOS. Washington DC area is an anomaly unfortunately for BlackBerry because most are issued.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 06:38 AM
    What do you see there?
    Mostly iPhones and galaxys

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 10:15 AM
    I live in Toronto and I see BB10 (and BBOS) devices all the time.

I've often wondered when people say they never see BB10 devices is because the Z10, Z3 or Z30 look so much like the myriad of ubiquitous all touch devices. Unless you actually see the Blackberry logo or name, you might think it's anyone of 20+ similar looking devices.
    syclone1978 likes this.
    04-23-15 11:52 AM
    I live in Toronto and I see BB10 (and BBOS) devices all the time.

I've often wondered when people say they never see BB10 devices is because the Z10, Z3 or Z30 look so much like the myriad of ubiquitous all touch devices. Unless you actually see the Blackberry logo or name, you might think it's anyone of 20+ similar looking devices.
    Toronto is a BB "bubble." It's the hometown company, and BB sales in the GTA are orders of magnitude higher there than anywhere else in North America - which is totally understandable. But if you yourself came to visit the US, I promise you, you too would not see BB10 devices, and it wouldn't be just because many all-touch phones look alike.
    kbz1960 and Tien-Lin Chang like this.
    04-23-15 12:58 PM
    Yesterday while waiting for a flight I noticed a young guy (maybe 20) in line ahead of me with a Passport. I showed him mine, asked him if he liked it and he said he loved it. My wife also had her Passport out so there were 3 in close proximity. Then, as we were all chatting about the Passport an older man (maybe about 60) standing directly behind me whips out his z10 and asks "So do you think it's time for me to update mine? ". We all had a chuckle about that. Mind you, this all occurred at Toronto City airport, so we were in BlackBerry country, relatively speaking.

Posted via CB10
    Did you ask him whether he's on CrackBerry, and if, what his username is?

:-D

Maybe you have met one of the characters here without knowing. I'm sure I've got the only Passport in Far North Queensland, and a thousand kilometers north, unless someone prove me wrong. But hey, I'd love to meet another user ...!

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    04-23-15 05:47 PM
    Toronto is a BB "bubble." It's the hometown company, and BB sales in the GTA are orders of magnitude higher there than anywhere else in North America - which is totally understandable. But if you yourself came to visit the US, I promise you, you too would not see BB10 devices, and it wouldn't be just because many all-touch phones look alike.
    ... buBBle... :-)

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    04-23-15 05:49 PM
    I teach at a university and see a lot of students, all with smartphones. I sometimes chat with them about tech, before classes. A few years ago there would be a handful of BlackBerrys in the room, but that has dropped to zero. Among my colleagues at faculty Senate meetings, also zero. IPhones dominate by a wide margin over Android. I see a few WPs.

My students do like the look of my Passport, but they find the keyboard amusing. I think they see it as something like having a button fly instead of a zipper.
    04-23-15 06:57 PM
    Hey man, I saw a guy in Kingston who had a Q10, so like, BlackBerry is everywhere!

Lol...

I don't get out much and I don't habitually stare at people to determine what phone they are using, but on a recent trip to the local mall I saw no BlackBerry devices in use. However, I met one Rogers store rep who still uses a Z10, though she after 7 years with BlackBerry she is considering throwing in the towel. That lack of a high end (2015 specs) all touch IS a real problem for BlackBerry, as it seems to be what most people actually want.
    04-24-15 10:57 PM
    I met one Rogers store rep who still uses a Z10, though she after 7 years with BlackBerry she is considering throwing in the towel. That lack of a high end (2015 specs) all touch IS a real problem for BlackBerry, as it seems to be what most people actually want.
    I've never heard of a company that flat out refuses to give people what they want until BlackBerry. That's what makes this company so interesting to follow.
    04-27-15 07:42 PM
    However, I met one Rogers store rep who still uses a Z10, though she after 7 years with BlackBerry she is considering throwing in the towel. That lack of a high end (2015 specs) all touch IS a real problem for BlackBerry, as it seems to be what most people actually want.
    John Chen says you are wrong! He is focusing on four versions of the Passport, and different colors of the Classic. This is what BlackBerry customers want. These all touch customers are a fallacy. There is clearly no market it for it nor is over half the existing base all touch.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    bodjor and Tien-Lin Chang like this.
    04-27-15 08:24 PM
    The only other BlackBerry I have seen in the last couple of years was my brothers Z10. He dumped it a few weeks ago for an Android phone. Apps was the reason.
    When people hear I am using a BlackBerry, eyebrows often raise, followed by "A BlackBerry???".
    I am on Long Island NY. The BlackBerry name is dead here, and not many people know anything about BB10.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 08:24 PM
    The only other BlackBerry I have seen in the last couple of years was my brothers Z10. He dumped it a few weeks ago for an Android phone. Apps was the reason.
    But he could have worked some trickery and sideloaded Snap or Cobalt's Google Play Store. Then hope the titles launch. Lol
    04-28-15 07:34 AM
    I bought my Z10 from BestBuy. The phone was free since I was due an upgrade and BB offered a $50 gift card for "buying" a phone from them. In short, BestBuy and BlackBerry, along with AT&T conspired to pay me $50 to take the phone off of their hands.

That's the N.A. situation, lol. And this was August 2014.
    04-28-15 11:11 AM
    I bought my Z10 from BestBuy. The phone was free since I was due an upgrade and BB offered a $50 gift card for "buying" a phone from them. In short, BestBuy and BlackBerry, along with AT&T conspired to pay me $50 to take the phone off of their hands.

That's the N.A. situation, lol. And this was August 2014.
    Haha your kidding right? Att got their money back plus more in service fees. It's called subsidized pricing. Not just BlackBerry does this all manufacturers do.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 11:43 AM
    Haha your kidding right? Att got their money back plus more in service fees. It's called subsidized pricing. Not just BlackBerry does this all manufacturers do.

Posted via CB10
    No, I'm not kidding. I am not under contract with AT&T over this phone (I have received discounted phones with the condition of a 2 year agreement in the past so I know how that works, I have had AT&T for 10+ years) and I am aware of what phones from other manufactures would have cost me at the time. What AT&T got from BestBuy is not my concern. What BlackBerry got from either/both of them is not my concern and BlackBerry did not receive a dime from me. BestBuy did not receive a dime from me other than the tax they collected for a $49.95 XBOX 360 game.

I got a phone for no charge and a video game for free just for taking the phone.
    04-28-15 12:57 PM
    I'm in Vancouver, BC, Canada, and my work has almost 60/40 ratio of mixed Blackberries and iPhones, I also was told that City of Vancouver is changing their users to all Blackberries. Some or most Xerox Canada technicians & analysts have been upgraded to Blackberry Q10s (upgraded from 9xxx) few months ago.

I use both iPhone 6 plus (for Social Media postings, and entertainment) & Blackberry Q10 (Day Job + own business + quick idea/review loggings).
    04-29-15 03:35 PM
    I've seen a few people here and there with bb phones. Up until this year, 3 of my friends owned a bb phone. One switched to iphone, one to android, and one chose the bb10 route. Don't hear people talking much about bb at all.

Edit: I'm in Toronto, by the way.
    04-29-15 06:58 PM
    In a vast overgeneralization....

Youth in the US have been won by the IPHone. It is a combination of peer-pressure and app support. My daughter is a great example. Needs Snapchat, and imessage. When everyone is on imessage and you have to participate via sms, you miss out on stuff. And you miss on Snapchat altogether. I finnaly had to give in and switch her from her z30.

For adults, who have previously been bbos users, there is a nostalgia. I think that most of those users have a memory of the good old days. If BlackBerry could fix the app gap, (and contrary to all the numerical analysis, it really comes down to does BlackBerry support an app that you need - however that individual describes it), it could potentially win some of these users back with a great 16x9 phone.

BlackBerry is going in the right direction with the Slider. But it really comes down to app support. The alternatives are too plentiful and easy.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 06:08 AM
96 1234