Do BlackBerry users, both BB10 and OS7, have suggestions or hopes of attainable updates that BBRY could make to OS7.... ? Amid all the buzz of BBRY supporting both BB10 & OS7, and the reproduction of the Bold being announced in a time when many people feel the new platform & devices should take center stage.... there's talks of updates for OS7, even if it's just security patches and one can't help but wonder
    acovey likes this.
    04-06-14 07:46 PM
    I don't think there is much that can be added to BB7, the platform has been used to it's maximum imo
    Maybe stuff like a built-in flashlight or speed improvements (for as far as that can be done one existing hardware without hourglassing), but seeing as the decision to continue it is more business focused/orientated, I think security patches are the only kind of updates that will be sent out for the Legacy OS. Businesses already love it as it is and I think a big percentage of the Java development team for Legacy OS has either been let go or assigned to other projects. They won't spend too much money on OS7 anymore, because it's just a temporary bandage in the dam between the old OS and the new one.
    riss89 likes this.
    04-06-14 09:19 PM
    Yeah I feel the same. BBOS7 ran it's course, and just needs to slowly drift away.

By the end it had so many bandaids on bandaids it was on its final moments anyway.

Posted via CB from my LE
    04-06-14 10:58 PM
    Need take OS7 contact app and transfer it to BB 10

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    04-07-14 03:06 AM
    Only real improvements that matter in BBos7, continuing development of BBM and BBM Money.

The most important step for BlackBerry, is to include all most asked for features in BB7, into BB10.

Oh, and for the time being, bring back the Trackpad and Tool belt, which they are doing.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    04-07-14 03:19 AM
    Need take OS7 contact app and transfer it to BB 10

Posted via CB10
    Yes please.

I expected that when I bought my Q10 with 10.1, but was hugely disappointed. Still a bit of a mess.

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    04-11-14 12:37 AM
    There is a disappointing epidemic of people failing to sufficiently credit OS7 for the productivity and efficiency that it offers, successfully at that. I agree that likely only security updates will be sent out but I also agree that that's just about all it needs. It's a capable platform, and if it really sucked as much as a lot of people like to insist it does, it wouldn't remain to be as prevalent as it is (in business and personal capacities) regardless of it's slow decline. Think back to the other phones that were introduced at the same time that a lot of the OS7 devices were, and ask yourself where are they now.... much more rarely seen. The fact that BB OS7 is still around in the reign on Android and iPhone kind of says a lot about it. just an opinion though.
    acovey likes this.
    04-11-14 07:43 PM
    It's a capable platform, and if it really sucked as much as a lot of people like to insist it does, it wouldn't remain to be as prevalent as it is
    Both of the phone carriers I use in my city stopped selling BBOS devices awhile ago. The only BlackBerry phones they sell are BB10.

But then again it isn't the year 2000 anymore, and yesteryears (hey cool - I can kind of see websites and some simple sprite games) cool tech is today's 50 dollar discount items.

I agree BBOS was great... in its day. I won't be too sad when it's done and gone.

Posted via CB from my LE
    04-13-14 02:58 PM
    Both of the phone carriers I use in my city stopped selling BBOS devices awhile ago. The only BlackBerry phones they sell are BB10.

But then again it isn't the year 2000 anymore, and yesteryears (hey cool - I can kind of see websites and some simple sprite games) cool tech is today's 50 dollar discount items.

I agree BBOS was great... in its day. I won't be too sad when it's done and gone.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Yeah you aren't going to sudden start seeing those BOLDS again. These are going to be for some markets where BIS is the driving force behind sales. And for carriers with larger commercial accounts where corporate customers have STILL not updated to BES10.

I have a suggestion for BB10..... add BIS. That way people in developing markets might by those new low end BlackBerry BB10 devices.
    KermEd likes this.
    04-14-14 11:02 AM