Hell no. Go buy an Android if all of its bells and whistles mean that much to you. This subject is getting old. If those of you wanting Android perks on your BlackBerry put as much energy into prompting BlackBerry to come up with something drastically innovative on its own as you do with this topic, maybe something would happen to truly grab the attention of the masses. But of course, you choose the easy way. Thus, allowing the product to remain on even keel with (and in some's opinion below par; not my opinion, personally) other brands on the market.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 07:46 AM
    I would. To get rid of the accidental phone calls and accidental pictures. And to get blacklisting. And to be able to use Chromecast.

I love the idea of BB10 security. I just don't like how it can't do the things 7.1 did. And I don't like what a pain in the *** it is.

via CB10 using a Z10 / STL100-3 / RFK121LW / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    04-14-14 07:47 AM
    Some people here may never understand that APPS ≠ OS. People want BB10 OS but need to use, and sometimes like to use, Android APPS. I wouldn't put Android on my BB10 device. If I wanted Android OS I would get an Android OS BASED PHONE. What would be the point of putting Android on old hardware anyway? What would be the newest version you can put on a Q10 anyway?
    04-14-14 08:28 AM
    Nope if I wanted android I would have gotten a nexus...But don't get me wrong I love the ability to run android apps

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 08:31 AM
    Nope if I wanted android I would have gotten a nexus...But don't get me wrong I love the ability to run android apps

Posted via CB10
    Your last sentence negates your first one. How do you run android apps your device does not have android in it? BB10 is more like a fork of android now more than ever.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    04-14-14 08:44 AM
    And the worst thing is that Google forces you to have their apps on your phone even if you do not want it.
    BlackBerry does that too, you know. You can't delete BBM, Story Maker, Remember, etc. On Android, you can get rid of most of them, I think.

I switched to BlackBerry because of the OS. If I were to install Android on my Z10, it would become an Android device. All the benefits of the BlackBerry would be gone. The hardware on its own is not very compelling, unless you are hooked to keyboards.
    04-14-14 09:14 AM
    While I agree that BB10 is very smooth (I love the OS), Android definitely isn't laggy like it was a couple years back. I would honestly put the two neck and neck as far as fluidity is concerned (at least when compared to my old Nexus 5 and One M8). What's far more impressive about BB10 is how it can perform so well with such midrange hardware. That's what I love about the OS the most -- just how efficient it is.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Completely agree - a BB10 phone with 2014 Android Flagship specs would get unbelievable benchmarks - especially the browser.

Now for the OP - why would anyone want to put Android on their BB10 device? If you are asking if someone wants a dual booting device, then you may get a few people to say yes. However most people pick and chose what OS works best for them.
    04-14-14 10:04 AM
    how did managed that?
    probably photoshop!
    04-14-14 10:07 AM
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhh nooooo!
    04-14-14 10:10 AM
    Never ever ever......period.....

Via my Z30&Q10
    04-14-14 10:14 AM
    It's like running in a circle. Apps apps apps... but what apps are that what brings you to think about having Google service?

I have read swift key and Google maps. What if I tell you that you have the best keyboard in BB10 already? What if I tell you that you can use the native BB10 map app?
    Yes, there are a few like Navigon which are better than Navitel or Mireo on BB10. But what else?

And it's already possible to run apps which needs Google service on your BB10. It's not the easy way, but sideloading makes it possible to run Navigon which requires Google service on your BlackBerry. But what kind of data will be uploaded to Google if you go that way? Is it worth giving up your privacy?

the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear
    04-14-14 10:16 AM
    probably photoshop!
    ... Or a launcher
    04-14-14 10:46 AM
    It's like running in a circle. Apps apps apps... but what apps are that what brings you to think about having Google service?
    I agree!

A few people say we don't need apps, or Andorid Apps are a privacy or security issue. But most of CrackBerry for the last year has been about how to get those missing apps that nobody really wants

All the while both BB10 and BBOS sales continue to shrink..... No it isn't all about the APPS.

But when and average consumer goes into a Carrier store with only a little knowledge of what they want - they same devices as what their family and friends have. An they see a BlackBerry (if they are lucky) and asks a sales person.... "This will do Instagram... right". The answer isn't going to be "well unofficially... you can download a 3rd party store or app and it seems to be working right now", or "well I think they have a look alike apps that can access the Instagram content. The answer is truthfully going to be NO. If you ask John Chen the same question, he'd have to give the same answer.
    BallRockReaper likes this.
    04-14-14 10:56 AM
    Of course NO! I love the BB10

The only, well I will consider that! If this would be announced for the playbook, to give a little more live to the tablet and could install newer apps. But read me I WILL CONSIDER THAT, is not a fact!
    04-14-14 11:05 AM
    You guys dont get it. People here love BB10 OS, and love androids app selection.....that has nothing to do with Android's core OS at all. Also while the M8, Z2, and S5 may run butter smooth the androids of even just a year ago did not run nearly as smooth as BB10. My Z10 makes my friends s4 look crazy laggy by comparison.....its embarrassing if you're an android fan tbh. The new flagships though do run much smoother thats for sure, but ultimately irrelevant as people here for the most part just want the google services and app selection integrated with their BB10 OS experience.

Posted via CB10
    The problem is your friends S4. If he had the google play edition it would be buttery smooooth. If it's the stock samsung version it lags due to bad software with lots of custom bloat ware from samsung. I have a 2+ year old HTC ONE X. I have cyanogenmod 11 on it which has the newest version of android and it's butter smooth. Since my processor is 2+ years old in my phone the apps and transitions aren't as fast as a new nexus 5 but they are perfectly smooth. It comes down to which companies Android phone you've played with.
    04-14-14 11:08 AM
    I would. To get rid of the accidental phone calls and accidental pictures. And to get blacklisting. And to be able to use Chromecast.

I love the idea of BB10 security. I just don't like how it can't do the things 7.1 did. And I don't like what a pain in the *** it is.

via CB10 using a Z10 / STL100-3 / RFK121LW / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    You might be in luck. Last whispers out of Google is they feel like they have the consumer market and the next version of Android which should be announced in the next few months should be business based focusing on security.
    Doggerz likes this.
    04-14-14 11:17 AM
    EXACTLY! I keep seeing all these bs answers about how bad Android is, yet most of these people have their phones running Android apps and that's the first thing they brag about to their buddies...lol

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    So you consider Android operating system to be nothing but apps? Based on your assumption, everyone has to love the system the apps run, even though same apps are available for multiple platforms? I don't hate Android but just because Blackberry can run Android apps, that doesn't mean people cannot criticize android. If Blackberry could run Windows Mobile or iOS apps, it would be same situation, it just happens to be that it can run .apk files.
    So yes, people can hate android but still love the fact that BB can load android apps. Don't mix the two things.
    04-14-14 01:12 PM
    I would try or sure if there is roll back option. I love BB10 UX but woldn't resist to try.

And about security.... sorry folks but there is no such thing...
    04-14-14 01:27 PM
    I would put it on my playbook. Then it might actually be useful.
    04-14-14 06:36 PM
    It should be the other way around. If you take a SGS5 and put BB10 on it, I may buy it from you.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2234
    04-14-14 07:17 PM
    I don't want Android, I want their apps. Pure and simple.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2102
    04-14-14 08:36 PM
    The problem is your friends S4. If he had the google play edition it would be buttery smooooth. If it's the stock samsung version it lags due to bad software with lots of custom bloat ware from samsung. I have a 2+ year old HTC ONE X. I have cyanogenmod 11 on it which has the newest version of android and it's butter smooth. Since my processor is 2+ years old in my phone the apps and transitions aren't as fast as a new nexus 5 but they are perfectly smooth. It comes down to which companies Android phone you've played with.
    Hell, I have the first galaxy note. Installed CyanogenMod 10.1 and it runs twice as good as the stock TouchWiz one.

AOSP is actually kinda good (UI performance wise), it's the custom launchers that makes everything stutter

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2102
    04-14-14 08:39 PM
    So you consider Android operating system to be nothing but apps? Based on your assumption, everyone has to love the system the apps run, even though same apps are available for multiple platforms? I don't hate Android but just because Blackberry can run Android apps, that doesn't mean people cannot criticize android. If Blackberry could run Windows Mobile or iOS apps, it would be same situation, it just happens to be that it can run .apk files.
    So yes, people can hate android but still love the fact that BB can load android apps. Don't mix the two things.
    BB10 has an entire android environment or else you wouldn`t be able to run those apps in the first place. If anything BB10 is a fork of android like Kindle FireOS. Neither one has Google Play Services, but both can run android apps but yet have such a different UX that differentiates it as a different OS.
    Donvald likes this.
    04-15-14 12:23 PM
    Nope. I just enjoy my BlackBerry. It's superior.
    Guess I just like to feel special.
    So... no Android for me. If so, I would have bought an android phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 12:36 PM
    Google is awesome and probably the best company in the world, and yes they are actually pretty secure and do guard our privacy, but the bb10 os is superior to any other mobile os at this time. Now if I could put bb10 os on my android LG G2, then that would be a different story.

Posted via CB10
    meqdadi likes this.
    04-15-14 12:43 PM
133 12345 ...