Lucky. We have the android runtime environment build in the BlackBerry OS. BlackBerry os + BlackBerry hw + hub = super mobile. But super mobile - Apps = ferrari with no wheels.

Posted by my BlackBerry Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2141
    04-15-14 03:27 PM
    Not a chance, bb10 is the bees knees! Days that I use my moto G I wonder what it is that makes people think android is so good? Yes google services are nice but... no

Flicked on my Z30 or crushed on my Q5!
    04-15-14 03:31 PM
    @Valery: was your writing sarcasm? If not you should think twice about security and Google.

the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear
    04-15-14 04:04 PM
    @Valery: was your writing sarcasm? If not you should think twice about security and Google.

the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear
    You should think twice about BlackBerry and security like they wouldn't sell your info too. In the end they are trying to make as much money as possible off consumers. Google also by chance, also wants to do things to enrich our lives (Google Glass, Driverless cars, internet balloons etc.). Google is only as secure as you make it. If you song use Google Dashboard and account settings correctly, yes your info will be easily accessible. But used right leads to better access to where your info is and who has access to it.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    Valery Kukatov likes this.
    04-15-14 08:16 PM
    My personal opinion is that BB should have went with an Android fork (like Amazon) and make it secure. I have no idea if it would have resulted in better sales (probably not), but the development costs would be lower than that of an entirely new OS.

On a side note, by using an Android I have never received e-mails with advertising and I also use Adblock, so no online advertising.
    Valery Kukatov likes this.
    04-16-14 02:49 AM
    If I could revert back, then sure, I'd do it just for testing purposes but I'd eventually go back to BB10 because I think it's better than having many apps.

Star Wars fan? Come join us C00121E8E
    mighthor likes this.
    04-16-14 02:51 AM
    My personal opinion is that BB should have went with an Android fork (like Amazon) and make it secure. I have no idea if it would have resulted in better sales (probably not), but the development costs would be lower than that of an entirely new OS.

On a side note, by using an Android I have never received e-mails with advertising and I also use Adblock, so no online advertising.

I agree completely. I don't get this security issue with Android.

Sent from my Lumia 925 Tapatalk
    Donvald likes this.
    04-17-14 12:58 AM
    You should think twice about BlackBerry and security like they wouldn't sell your info too. In the end they are trying to make as much money as possible off consumers. Google also by chance, also wants to do things to enrich our lives (Google Glass, Driverless cars, internet balloons etc.). Google is only as secure as you make it. If you song use Google Dashboard and account settings correctly, yes your info will be easily accessible. But used right leads to better access to where your info is and who has access to it.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    Google's entire business is based around ads.
    BlackBerry's entire business is based around security.

While BlackBerry may indeed use your data for something else, I do not think they do it to get money. Rather, they do it to improve their service to better boast on their "security" to draw in people.

Everything that Google did it did to draw you in to their platform, so they can bombard you with even more ads. Gmail (Web client) analyzes what you type and what you get and puts ads based on that. That's the difference.

Just because two things want to make money, doesn't mean they do it the same way. Heck, everyone has heard about Foxconn factory in China. Foxconn wants to make money, Google wants to make money. Does Google employ Foxconn-like factory in Silicon Valley?

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2102
    Bluenoser63 and meqdadi like this.
    04-17-14 01:53 AM
    Google's entire business is based around ads.
    BlackBerry's entire business is based around security.

While BlackBerry may indeed use your data for something else, I do not think they do it to get money. Rather, they do it to improve their service to better boast on their "security" to draw in people.

Everything that Google did it did to draw you in to their platform, so they can bombard you with even more ads. Gmail (Web client) analyzes what you type and what you get and puts ads based on that. That's the difference.

Just because two things want to make money, doesn't mean they do it the same way. Heck, everyone has heard about Foxconn factory in China. Foxconn wants to make money, Google wants to make money. Does Google employ Foxconn-like factory in Silicon Valley?

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2102
    How does Google bombard you with ads? When you search for something on Google.com do you see roaming ad banners? Or Sponsored by Coca-Cola? Video Ads? Or click this ads? NO. You see the most unobtrusive ads on a website. CrackBerry has more ads than Google does. BlackBerry entire business is set on selling business oriented devices NOT security. BlackBerry is not a security firm, they are a smartphone maker who happens to make phones that are secure.

Gmail (Web client) analyzes what you type and what you get and puts ads based on that
    False, they analyze your emails (Just like Microsoft and Yahoo) and also analyze whatever data you have given them and bases the ads off of that. Google is not some random virus. They have as much information as you give them.
    Donvald likes this.
    04-17-14 02:15 AM

To get Android secure, you would have to practically rewrite the OS from the ground up. To get Android secure you have to start at the boot process, then the kernel and then keep moving up the app chain. Samsung is trying this with Knox, but they are still having to deal with the vulnerabilities in the core OS. Then with each version of a Fork, you have to spend a lot of time trying to duplicate or adapt new OS features as your fork may not work with them. The job of securing Android lies with Google and they don't seem to know how to do it or they don't want to make it too secure that they can't get ad revenue from the OS.
    stlabrat likes this.
    04-17-14 05:17 AM
    First, I'd like to see BlackBerry build an Android product based on BB10. Of we can run Android emulation in the QNX kernel, we can create a version of Android that runs in a BlackBerry smart phone. Amazon does it, so can we. Think of Android with QNX functionality.
    Second, running android emulation within the BlackBerry QNX environment, along side BlackBerry apps is pretty technically awesome. It let's me use apps that otherwise would not be available to me due to development cost and/or developer prejudice issues.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 07:00 AM
    First, I'd like to see BlackBerry build an Android product based on BB10.
    Sigh.. You can't have an Android OS based on BB10. BB10 is QNX. That is like saying that you want Microsoft building an iOS product based on Windows.
    04-17-14 07:04 AM
    Sigh.. You can't have an Android OS based on BB10. BB10 is QNX. That is like saying that you want Microsoft building an iOS product based on Windows.
    I don't agree with your analogy. He suggested Android OS with embedded qnx. Reverse of what we have now.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 04:19 PM
    Again, let's get a BB10 OS on one of those supper Android phones.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2234
    04-18-14 10:32 AM
    Again, let's get a BB10 OS on one of those supper Android phones.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2234
    Never in a million years. Licensing costs where Android is free plus a manufacturer of the hardware has to take any loss from the phone not selling would just not be a good look for BlackBerry. Its not only the hardware that sells phones, apps and ecosystem are the biggest reasons now.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-18-14 12:11 PM
    I don't agree with your analogy. He suggested Android OS with embedded qnx. Reverse of what we have now.

Posted via CB10
    Do you know what QNX is?
    04-18-14 02:46 PM
    Do you know what QNX is?
    Some rap band?
    Last edited by chalx; 04-18-14 at 06:13 PM.
    04-18-14 03:48 PM
    I would try it out, but I definitely prefer bb10!!!! And I wouldn't make the change

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 03:56 PM
    Just tossing out my resounding No. Why would I buy a BB if I wanted Android when I could buy superior hardware for the same cost or cheaper? Nope, I believe there are reasons why BlackBerry customers consciously buy BlackBerrys instead of Androids, even if they do have an incredibly cute logo/mascot.
    04-18-14 04:14 PM
    No.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 08:09 PM
    I just think it's irresponsible and stupid to kill a large portion of company and not to try all possible options. Put Android on remaining Z10 and Z30, publish custom BB10 like custom launcher with HUB in Google play for $10 and look how it will sell. There is nothing to lose.

Posted via CB10
    meqdadi likes this.
    04-19-14 02:12 AM
    I just think it's irresponsible and stupid to kill a large portion of company and not to try all possible options. Put Android on remaining Z10 and Z30, publish custom BB10 like custom launcher with HUB in Google play for $10 and look how it will sell. There is nothing to lose.

Posted via CB10
    Glad you don't make decision at Blackberry. Android isn't a solution. This would kill Blackberry completely. They would have nothing left to differentiate them from other manufactures.
    04-19-14 05:34 AM
    How does Google bombard you with ads? When you search for something on Google.com do you see roaming ad banners? Or Sponsored by Coca-Cola? Video Ads? Or click this ads? NO. You see the most unobtrusive ads on a website. CrackBerry has more ads than Google does. BlackBerry entire business is set on selling business oriented devices NOT security. BlackBerry is not a security firm, they are a smartphone maker who happens to make phones that are secure.
    (1)check this "Beginner's Guide to Google AdSense for Publishers | Distilled".
    (2) I am not sure about your preference, for me, the communication business, either handsets, fiber optic network, or telcos, wireless, etc need to provide accurate, fast, secure service. That back dated to old days using a massager on the horse to transmit critical info or letter. Security and reliability and accurate transmit info is critical. Remind me someone use wireless voip dial 911, and sent the embulance all over new York City. Look like someone forget the accuracy in term of location. As for security, it is key for me on the communication. Just see how annoying it is when your mom snoop around your phone or your better half. :-)

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 05:50 AM
    Glad you don't make decision at Blackberry. Android isn't a solution. This would kill Blackberry completely. They would have nothing left to differentiate them from other manufactures.
    Why? If BB10 is so superior over competition then it will succeed eventually . And if it isn't, then it will not nail to the ground whole Blackberry. And if you think that marginalisation is good way for differentiation you are wrong. Look at Palm and webOS.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 06:43 AM
    People sure don't like Android but they love borrowing their apps...lol

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    You're right, I usually return them as most of them are crap.

Posted on CB10 with the Q10
    04-20-14 11:03 AM
133 ... 23456