we've seen the google scenario but what if outta the blue, Apple made the move??? how much BB10 do you think would be incorporated into iOS??? the two would make an interesting combo...
    09-05-13 12:04 PM
    This will never happen, ever.
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-05-13 12:06 PM
    nope, sorry can't ever see it happening.

BUT if we play this "what if" game, I'd leave BlackBerry so fast, One for being a sell out, two because apple would destroy the company and only keep the patents to sue more people, and three because if BlackBerry devices/OS's stuck around, they're all become just "pretty colors"

because we all know apple is about to drop the bomb that they innovated colored phones
    09-05-13 12:07 PM
    lol they don't give a single sh!t about blackberry and don't need anything from it.
    09-05-13 12:08 PM
    If Apple buys BlackBerry it is only for the patents, they dont need anything else that BlackBerry has. They do their own hardware, their own software, their own distribution, their own carrier agreements, etc. I mean payin (lets call it) $10b for $2.5-$5b in patents, and $3b cash is not so bad an investment if you are going to use those patents to sue. Pretty easy to recoup that cash over time. And moved
    09-05-13 12:10 PM
    I don't see any reason they would buy Bbry, but I can see them snapping up qnx. They already have better integration with the qnx car platform than Bbry does themselves.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-05-13 12:10 PM
    nope, sorry can't ever see it happening.

BUT if we play this "what if" game, I'd leave BlackBerry so fast, One for being a sell out, two because apple would destroy the company and only keep the patents to sue more people, and three because if BlackBerry devices/OS's stuck around, they're all become just "pretty colors"

because we all know apple is about to drop the bomb that they innovated colored phones
    My exact thoughts. Hope it never happen

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 12:11 PM
    NO.

Sent from my sexy white hot Z10 in Sin City ;-)
    09-05-13 12:19 PM
    If Apple buys BlackBerry it is only for the patents, they dont need anything else that BlackBerry has. They do their own hardware, their own software, their own distribution, their own carrier agreements, etc. I mean payin (lets call it) $10b for $2.5-$5b in patents, and $3b cash is not so bad an investment if you are going to use those patents to sue. Pretty easy to recoup that cash over time. And moved
    & if they were to take the best parts of "10" & bake it in??? the UI might be pretty slick along w/ a badass browser, device interoperability, & a ton of apps,,, you know, those ones everyone's always screaming for...
    09-05-13 12:39 PM
    So why would apple use anything from bb10 or even all of it? There still wouldn't be apps etc and etc.
    h20work likes this.
    09-05-13 12:44 PM
    I can see I am in the minority on this one. I can't say I would mind Apple buying Blackberry. They have the cash to burn. If we got the best of both platforms, I would not mind. I think a fruit salad would be refreshing.
    SEAWARRIOR and Coachbulldog like this.
    09-05-13 12:59 PM
    No offense but do we really need this kind of post . I mean really ? Apple ? LOL
    BB would be dead even if Apple bought them. Like others have said it be for Patents only and they'd junk the rest of the Company.

Alas this has about as much as chance as Aliens from Mars buying BB.
    aniym and JeepBB like this.
    09-05-13 01:03 PM
    & if they were to take the best parts of "10" & bake it in??? the UI might be pretty slick along w/ a badass browser, device interoperability, & a ton of apps,,, you know, those ones everyone's always screaming for...

Exactly what features would they want? What does BB10 have that iOS doesnt? The core OS is very very different, and anything of worth would likely be covered by patents anyway.
    09-05-13 01:07 PM
    Would you buy a Blapple, and keep it longer than it would take you to finish your Snapple?
    09-05-13 01:18 PM
    If this ever happened I'd toss my phone out and use carrier pigeons

My z10 is a Leafs fan
    09-05-13 01:20 PM
    I can see I am in the minority on this one. I can't say I would mind Apple buying Blackberry. They have the cash to burn. If we got the best of both platforms, I would not mind. I think a fruit salad would be refreshing.
    this is what i'm getting at,,, i think you'd have a pretty kick *** os...
    09-05-13 01:26 PM
    If this ever happened I'd toss my phone out and use carrier pigeons

My z10 is a Leafs fan
    LOOOOOOOL!!!
    09-05-13 01:27 PM
    Exactly what features would they want? What does BB10 have that iOS doesnt? The core OS is very very different, and anything of worth would likely be covered by patents anyway.
    but they'd (apple) own those patents, right??? i'm thinking they could build on/in the ui, gestures, hub, & browser,,, these seem to be what most people feel are the best parts of "10",,, even if the os's are different, there's gotta be people smart enough to apply/execute into their base...
    09-05-13 01:34 PM
    Now that the company is going on sale that too very soon..should I sell my phone? I want to know what will happen after the company is sold? I know I will be able to use my z10 but with no new updates and all is it worth keeping it?

Posted via CB10
    m128 likes this.
    09-05-13 01:38 PM
    Apple sucks man,it will be nightmare for me personally and may be end of bb as a brand
    Breezygirl8 likes this.
    09-05-13 01:47 PM
    if apple was to buy blackberry they would sue EVERYONE who uses a micro usb... because BB doesn't charge anyone to use it,... but they own the patents for it.. if apple was to sue we are talking about BILLIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just on the micro usb patents
    DoktorFace likes this.
    09-05-13 01:48 PM
    Now that the company is going on sale that too very soon..should I sell my phone? I want to know what will happen after the company is sold? I know I will be able to use my z10 but with no new updates and all is it worth keeping it?

Posted via CB10
    if you like it, sure,,, use it 'til something you like better comes out, then trade in/up...
    09-05-13 01:57 PM
    but they'd (apple) own those patents, right??? i'm thinking they could build on/in the ui, gestures, hub, & browser,,, these seem to be what most people feel are the best parts of "10",,, even if the os's are different, there's gotta be people smart enough to apply/execute into their base...
    The browser, hub, etc would hardly be worth the cost. None of those things is selling bb's so I doubt they would help apple sell more devices.
    09-05-13 01:58 PM
    The browser, hub, etc would hardly be worth the cost. None of those things is selling bb's so I doubt they would help apple sell more devices.
    yeah, but it might freshen it up a bit...
    09-05-13 01:59 PM
    two because apple would destroy the company and only keep the patents to sue more people
    I'm not sure Apple has ever sued anyone using a patent they acquired; I believe all suits have been on patents they established on their own and are used in a currently shipping product. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.
    09-05-13 02:01 PM
59 123