Is Wechat already doing what BBRY wish to do withBBM and BBM Channels?
I never used Wechat but I just read an article about it and looks like they have already 300 million user of which 200 million in China.
In Italy I saw ads on TV the whole summer promoting it and reading the article I see they have a similar service to BBM Channel that corporation use for customer service and geolocalization services like finding a store etc and that companies like Starbucks, Nike, CityBank, McDonald’s already pay for this services.
It look like they are growing aggresively - Messi is in thier TV commercial and I've seen ads on magazines popping up.
Will it be more difficult for BBM to face another competitor that is so marketing aggressive?
- 09-12-2013, 07:16 AM #5
- CrackBerry Abuser
09-13-2013, 12:59 AM #11
- 462 Posts
Wechat's PTT relies heavily on its encoding, and the message is kept server side, if i'm not mistaken. (Though you actually keep it for as long as you set it to).
Wechat technically can do what BBM does, with exception that WeChat seems to be more of a IM with a facebook/myspace/friendster-ish social site tie in. I don't think BBM is anything like that at all.
- By bitek in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 26Last Post: 09-25-2013, 01:12 PM
- By ubojam in forum General BBM ChatReplies: 1Last Post: 09-13-2013, 11:16 AM
- By ChandreyEJ in forum BB10 Android App SideloadingReplies: 3Last Post: 09-12-2013, 04:45 PM
- By Mohammed Mostafa in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 8Last Post: 09-12-2013, 11:21 AM
- By Landazar in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 5Last Post: 09-12-2013, 08:09 AM