If i was the CEO instead of a BlackBerry device running Android I would make a deal with Samsung & have them build a phone have it run BlackBerry10 BUT Call it Samsung Running QNX (Android app compatible). Don't mention BlackBerry @ all. if Android was what people bought then why are the Motorolas, HTC, & LG companies not doing similar to Samsung (because samsung makes crazy specs) & people buy crazy specs they don't buy Android.(my opinion) So let's get a phone with crazy "useless" specs & have it run QNX "BB10" & see how it's received make sure to say Android App compatible .

Posted via CB10
    Nick Spagnolo and rlnv like this.
    06-26-15 09:35 PM
    And why would Samsung want to do this?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    jmr1015, asherN and Donvald like this.
    06-26-15 09:38 PM
    Why not??? Samsung doesn't have a contract with Android. Also BlackBerry can help make samsung secure. I'm not saying pull away from Android am saying do both. They should do a windows phone also. Every customer is a gain

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 09:45 PM
    Why not???
    Because developing, testing, advertising, distributing, and supporting a new product costs money. No company makes every possible thing they can make, they choose the things they actually believe will make money for their shareholders.

Samsung doesn't have a contract with Android.
    Actually they do have agreements with the OHA and Google.

Also BlackBerry can help make samsung secure.
    But is the market for this feature large enough for Samsung to invest in yet another ecosystem?

I'm not saying pull away from Android am saying do both. They should do a windows phone also. Every customer is a gain
    Every customer is not necessarily a gain, unless the value of that customer actually exceeds the cost of acquiring and servicing that customer. I don't see how Samsung can make BB10 sell any better than BB has, with the same lack of ecosystem.

BB has shopped BB10 around before. Nobody seems to want an OS that consumers don't seem to really want.

Donvald likes this.
    06-26-15 10:08 PM
    Ya it costs money. Like samsung is hurting for the $$$.
    It's called investing & most smart companies change & that's what u call evolving. Staying the same is what i call a Blockbuster move. It puts u out of business.
    As far as the market for it. Do u know samsung makes lots of products that don't have big markets
    U don't see samsung doing any better of a job that BlackBerry already did????..
    when u say BlackBerry people give that eye & are instantly turned away & i mean instantly... Advertising BlackBerry using QNX would bring a whole new look, face, brand, logo along with the question whats that?
    BlackBerry changed everything BUT their name that's where they went wrong
    Now the only way i see them coming back from that mistake would be something crazy like a Samsung, android app compatible running QNX.
    U need people to talk about u to stay relevant & using QNX will have people asking questions & getting people talking about this new thing called QNX & putting u back @ front stage & in the news.

Posted via CB10
    rlnv likes this.
    06-26-15 10:43 PM
    Because developing, testing, advertising, distributing, and supporting a new product costs money. No company makes every possible thing they can make, they choose the things they actually believe will make money for their shareholders.

Actually they do have agreements with the OHA and Google.

But is the market for this feature large enough for Samsung to invest in yet another ecosystem?

Every customer is not necessarily a gain, unless the value of that customer actually exceeds the cost of acquiring and servicing that customer. I don't see how Samsung can make BB10 sell any better than BB has, with the same lack of ecosystem.

BB has shopped BB10 around before. Nobody seems to want an OS that consumers don't seem to really want.

It's not that nobody wants BB10. it's more like nobody that does Android phones can touch it due to the Android runtime. Also BB would have to licence the OS for free, because the other two alternatives (Android and WP) are both free and have way better ecosystems.
    06-27-15 03:51 AM
    And why would Samsung want to do this?
    Why not???

•Samsung doesn't have a contract with Android.
    •Also BlackBerry can help make samsung secure.
    •I'm not saying pull away from Android am saying do both.
    •They should do a windows phone also.

Every customer is a gain

Posted via CB10
    -Samsung is part of the OHA, which gets them access to Google Play Services.
    -BlackBerry is already working with Samsung to make their devices secure. Their Android devices running Knox.
    -part of being a member of the OHA means that Samsung can not produce a device running a forked version of Android. BB10 with its Android runtime would be considered an Android fork.
    -Samsung already makes devices running Windows.
    06-27-15 04:35 AM
    Ask your self, is it cheaper to build your own handset or buy them?

Z10
    06-27-15 05:36 AM
    Just a question of curiosity, the android runtime is not the whole OS so how is it a violation of the OHA terms of agreement if they were to provide phones for blackberry that fully support android apps better than it does a this point and for it to be advertised as such.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-27-15 05:57 AM
    Why not??? Samsung doesn't have a contract with Android. Also BlackBerry can help make samsung secure. I'm not saying pull away from Android am saying do both. They should do a windows phone also. Every customer is a gain

Posted via CB10
    Yes they do. Troy will gladly tell you about the OHA and how it forbids everything. I have never been able to find the specifics on the OHA in Web searches as the details appear to be not publicly available, but some here appear to know how it all works.

Posted via Z30
    06-27-15 09:11 AM
    Ask your self, is it cheaper to build your own handset or buy them?

Z10
    It's probably cheaper to build a phone for a few mil then buy them for a few bill. Whats ur point?

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 09:13 AM
    Didn't Samsung try this with Tizen?

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 09:34 AM
    Just a question of curiosity, the android runtime is not the whole OS so how is it a violation of the OHA terms of agreement if they were to provide phones for blackberry that fully support android apps better than it does a this point and for it to be advertised as such.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    you should know,that while OHA rules are not exactly public, but details have leaked over the years. Also the OHA can be whatever google wants it to be as they control the most important part of the Android ecosystem, the Google play store.

While it is true that the runtime is not a full OS it is still an Android fork. A few years back Google went after Acer when they build a phone that presumably had some Android code inside it (Google: Acer Can't Work On "Non-Compatible Android" & Be Part Of Open Handset Alliance). In the end google won.
    06-27-15 11:08 AM