I've been wondering if BB would still be alive were it not for CrackBerry.

Well, according to this article on Engadget, maybe there's some truth:

"BlackBerry? That's a company with rebounding clout, and one of the most ardent, devoted and possibly craziest fan bases you'll ever see."
    01-20-15 11:46 AM
    I gotta admit I went through some hoops when I fell in love with iPhones, but BlackBerry has been a whooooole different story!

I left from Amsterdam on a monday night, drove to Calais in France, took the ferry to Dover, drove to Cambridge, took the train to London, ran from the train to the underground, jumped through the doors while they were closing, ran to the location of the event from Picadally Circus, not knowing where to go exactly and asking some bypassers and arrived there one minute before the start of the event!

And all this happened in the timespan of 8 hours!

Posted via my 'Classy' Classic
    Erik_1991 likes this.
    01-20-15 11:57 AM

"BlackBerry? That's a company with rebounding clout, and one of the most ardent, devoted and possibly craziest fan bases you'll ever see."
    Yes. In fact they'd be better off. Some of the ideas from diehard BlackBerry users has helped BlackBerry remain in the dark.

Physical keyboards
    Tablets
    Laptops
    Don't need apps.
    BBM will make money.

All ideas from these forums that already have or could hurt BlackBerry even more.

They need to find out what folks that don't have a BlackBerry want to have in a BlackBerry.

BlackBerry hates America!
    01-20-15 01:37 PM

A "few" of us bought Passports the very first day, right...?

:-D

�   2015 - already in full swing - berry good ...   �
    anischab and andy957 like this.
    01-22-15 03:58 AM
    N4BB just dumped there app on all platforms. So no more N4BB apps. But they modified there website to somewhat act as an app when you use your phone to access it. This seems like the way of the future. You figure, they were supporting an App, a BB Channel and the website. That's a lot of dedication. Though CB obviously gets 10x more readers. N4BB comes in 2nd IMO.
    01-28-15 06:14 PM

�   2015 - already in full swing - berry good ...   �
    ;-)

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.1.2941; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675; Germany.
    01-28-15 07:09 PM
    N4BB just dumped their app on all platforms
    That's not good. But now I know why when I tried to launch the N4BB app on my Z30 just now all I got was a blank screen.
    01-28-15 07:10 PM
    Yes, but it's equally true that the fanatical BB fanbase has also been responsible for much of the downfall of BB, because they've continued to support the company even when it was making a long series of bad decisions. Had the hardcore fans not done so, then either BB would have disappeared, or they would have changed course earlier and more dramatically, when they would have had a much better chance of overall success.

So, a double-edged sword.
    01-28-15 08:35 PM
    Yes, but it's equally true that the fanatical BB fanbase has also been responsible for much of the downfall of BB, because they've continued to support the company even when it was making a long series of bad decisions. Had the hardcore fans not done so, then either BB would have disappeared, or they would have changed course earlier and more dramatically, when they would have had a much better chance of overall success.

Interesting take. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 06:50 AM
    I wouldn't be on BlackBerry without this community.

I am proud owning a BlackBerry and having nothing in common with iSheeps and Android people. Independent. So yes. Crackberry is the reason I have a BlackBerry and never gave up on this brand.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 and anischab like this.
    02-04-15 11:53 PM
    I wouldn't be on BlackBerry without this community.

I am proud owning a BlackBerry and having nothing in common with iSheeps and Android people. Independent. So yes. Crackberry is the reason I have a BlackBerry and never gave up on this brand.

Posted via CB10
    Keep crackin'...

�   Telstra + Classic, Optus + PP, AT&T + PP , Verizon + Classic... why the mix, Mr. Fix?   �
    02-06-15 07:08 AM

So what you're saying is... if you have people that really appreciate what you do, you should throw them under the bus in hopes of appeasing a crowd of fair-weather folks that don't even really know what they appreciate (or less what they will appreciate next week)?

Sounds like a teenager at a highschool cafeteria ditching his solid friends, pretending he's not interested in science and math, because the popular kids waved him over to their table,.. we all know how that ends.

Actually, that kinda sounds like the Z10 when it first came out... and we all know how that one ended up.

Posted via CB10
    spike12 likes this.
    02-06-15 07:35 AM
    So what you're saying is... if you have people that really appreciate what you do, you should throw them under the bus in hopes of appeasing a crowd of fair-weather folks that don't even really know what they appreciate (or less what they will appreciate next week)...
    ...with the most money.
    02-06-15 07:44 AM
    ...with the most money.
    Ah.. Yes. Although there is a difference between having the most money, and spending the most money.

Not that a consumer retail product company should care that you can't feed your kid because you instead bought their (no marginal-benefit-over-a-basic-alternative-providing) "premium" product.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 08:01 AM

•   2015 - already in full swing - berry good ...   •
    A few of us bought Playbooks on the very first night, right ?..............sorry couldn't help my self.

I think CB is one of Blackberry's most valuable marketing asset. In fact, I think it has propped up Blackberry marketing for years, especially during Frank B's tenure. It's one of the very few places were one can get a break from all the negativity in the market and see the "other side" for a change.

I hope they are going to persist, even through these dark times and continue to promote the brand. I've always thought Blackberry should advertise on this site and help underwrite some of the costs although that might seem to or may actually compromise its editorial independence.
    andy957 likes this.
    02-06-15 01:13 PM

I like to think so (smile) seriously..

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    02-06-15 01:25 PM
    If smartphone interest groups were that effective in keeping platforms alive then webOS would still be around. The Palm community was pretty much the original PDA/smartphone community. However, I do believe that when journalists do internet research on technology companies and find a strong user group they will often remark that the company has a loyal following.
    Tien-Lin Chang likes this.
    02-06-15 01:28 PM
    To be honest yes CB made me like BBs more than I already did.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    02-07-15 12:57 PM
    Who does Engadget think they are, calling us crazy???

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    andy957 likes this.
    02-07-15 08:30 PM
    So what you're saying is... if you have people that really appreciate what you do, you should throw them under the bus in hopes of appeasing a crowd of fair-weather folks that don't even really know what they appreciate (or less what they will appreciate next week)?

Sounds like a teenager at a highschool cafeteria ditching his solid friends, pretending he's not interested in science and math, because the popular kids waved him over to their table,.. we all know how that ends.

Actually, that kinda sounds like the Z10 when it first came out... and we all know how that one ended up.

Posted via CB10
    To a degree, I believe holding a corporation to a high standard helps with ensuring said corporation avoids complacency.
    EchoTango likes this.
    02-07-15 08:53 PM
    I agree that CB helps..and I am glad they do. Most are nice and smart people. If CB was not here...I'm not sure if I would have came back to BB. I like my BB...even after years of Ipoop and Android 2.2- kit kat. I feel like I got my life back...no more time wasted rooting droids and dealing with the glitches...and no more Apple care crap.

Another reason why I LOVE my Blackberry...I have a nexus 2nd Gen tab and it was most recently updated to Lollipop. Well...long story short as possible...lollipop sucks. My Android experience goes back to the original Samsung Galaxy ( mesmerize) running 2.2. So the best versions of Android are 2.2 and kit kat...the rest are buggy, glitchy to the point of not being able to enjoy Apps. Then, a common gripe about blackberry is the lack of Apps. Well at least I can say their Apps work smooth, fluid and without a Glitch and more Apps are popping up on BB WORLD all the time. See now...Lollipop has just about crashed my Nexus...and now in order for me not to have a 250 dollar paperweight I have to find a previous version of Android (more stable) root it, and mess around with it...its a bunch of BS. Some other reasons I like my Blackberry...
    1) the company answers the phone when I call
    2) swipe is faster and better than anything android or Apple has to offer
    3) Hub is faster and better than anything android or Apple have to offer
    4) Better keyboard...with a swipe to delete feature
    5)Does NOT crash, and if it did LINK backs up more info than google
    6) good hardware,partially metal encased...not a cheap build
    7) good radio and call quality...better than my s3 ever was
    8) I installed a ruku app off Amazon...now I control my TV with my Blackberry...I know other phones can do this, but this is not glitchy on the BB.
    And there is way more...this is just off the top right now

Posted via the pure awesomeness of blackberry.

Posted via the pure awesomeness of blackberry.
    Umaima_B_Dia and andy957 like this.
    02-12-15 05:49 AM
    Bumping this in light of the new BB10 device discussion.
    07-11-16 10:28 PM
    Bumping this in light of the new BB10 device discussion.
    What was once true, isn't anymore....

I think many a CrackBerry fan has seen the light. A new BB10 devcies would mean very little without an ecosystem... and I don't think a partially working HACK is near enough.

Full force in 2013.. yes CrackBerry made a difference.
    andy957 and Tien-Lin Chang like this.
    07-12-16 08:26 AM
    What was once true, isn't anymore....

I think many a CrackBerry fan has seen the light. A new BB10 devcies would mean very little without an ecosystem... and I don't think a partially working HACK is near enough.

Full force in 2013.. yes CrackBerry made a difference.
    Many of us don't agree. Some of us own more than one car. We use one for speed and one for commuting. Or one for hauling construction equipment and one for dinner dates.

Two phones take less space than an extra car.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-16 11:01 AM
    I honestly believe so. So much so I believe blackberry should offer us free stock or something of a reward. I know many would say I am crazy but we held it down for this company in the worst of times and still are. Against all odds I am forever Qwerty.

Productivity via THE PRIV
    08-03-16 07:47 AM
33 12