Since #Samsung is loosing some market share & there is a huge demand for the hub, BlackBerry security & more on Android devices. Perhaps it is now time for Samsung to license the use of #BlackBerry 10 & build a new line of devices.

In this device, the basic OS will be running BlackBerry 10. Let Samsung change the UI to what they want to have or whatever that suits their clients. However they should maintain the use of the Hub coz that's what alot of users want.

With Samsung's marketing muscles I'm sure this product will do very well. When this happens it will be a win win situation for both companies, BlackBerry fans, Samsung & Android fans too.

Then app developers will once again find it profitable to develop for BlackBerry 10 again.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    01-14-15 08:40 PM
    Lets hope not. No.
    buwee and gvs1341 like this.
    01-14-15 08:49 PM
    No thanks

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    01-14-15 08:51 PM
    Whaaaatttt??? Samsung? Noooooooo!!!

From my Z30
    01-14-15 08:56 PM
    Since #Samsung is loosing some market share & there is a huge demand for the hub, BlackBerry security & more on Android devices. Perhaps it is now time for Samsung to license the use of #BlackBerry 10 & build a new line of devices.

In this device, the basic OS will be running BlackBerry 10. Let Samsung change the UI to what they want to have or whatever that suits their clients. However they should maintain the use of the Hub coz that's what alot of users want.

With Samsung's marketing muscles I'm sure this product will do very well. When this happens it will be a win win situation for both companies, BlackBerry fans, Samsung & Android fans too.

Then app developers will once again find it profitable to develop for BlackBerry 10 again.

Posted via CB10
    There is a huge demand for the hub, BlackBerry security & more? Huge demand from who?
    sentimentGX4, r0k and Donvald like this.
    01-14-15 09:06 PM
    01-14-15 09:19 PM
    They do that and am out...Leaving BlackBerry forever.

Posted via CB10
    arifbsantoso likes this.
    01-14-15 09:26 PM
    Lol have you ever used touchwiz... it's horrendous ;/

Posted via CB10
    gvs1341 and r0k like this.
    01-14-15 09:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    As someone already asked, where is this huge demand coming from. A source for your statement would be helpful.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 01:00 AM
    Samsung has just released a device with their own OS, Tizen, why would they be looking at other OSs right now?

Q10 SQN100-3 on 10.3.1.1949
    01-15-15 01:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    Interesting idea OP. NOTHING VENTURED NOTHING GAIN.
    01-15-15 08:20 AM
    Samsung has just released a device with their own OS, Tizen, why would they be looking at other OSs right now?

I haven't seen the OS; but I dig the name: TIZEN. Imagine being in the gym and pumping some chest at the bench! At the 8th or 9th rep, you are nearly quitting, just when you think of one thing: TIZEN!!!! You push you 10th rep eezeee!!!!
    VR6 likes this.
    01-15-15 08:25 AM
    Too be honest does it matter who makes BlackBerries.....

As has been proven, many feel that BlackBerry doesn't even make BlackBerries anymore as they are having a hard time converting people over from BBOS. Is BlackBerry a icon on a device (it not the symbol it once was), is it the manufacture of the device (most won't be made by BlackBerry anymore), is it the OS (really isn't the OS that once made BlackBerry #1), is it a QWERTY Keyboard along with a Toolbelt (STORM was one of the best selling BlackBerries), for consumers was it the features that BIS offered (history).

As it stands, even after two years, there are more true BlackBerries in the world then there are these new upstart BB10 devices... so if Samsung wanted to start using someone else OS, they might have more luck licensing the Bold form factor and BBOS and making some $100 phones using those.....
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    01-15-15 09:10 AM
    No effing way!

Posted via Q10
    01-15-15 09:13 AM
    I haven't seen the OS; but I dig the name: TIZEN. Imagine being in the gym and pumping some chest at the bench! At the 8th or 9th rep, you are nearly quitting, just when you think of one thing: TIZEN!!!! You push you 10th rep eezeee!!!!
    It's called Samsung Z1. Just been released

01-15-15 09:27 AM

Yup for India Market.

From my Z30
    01-15-15 09:30 AM
    I'm curious to know why the majority of you guys saying no? What is your reasons?

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 10:20 AM
    Too be honest does it matter who makes BlackBerries.....

As has been proven, many feel that BlackBerry doesn't even make BlackBerries anymore as they are having a hard time converting people over from BBOS. Is BlackBerry a icon on a device (it not the symbol it once was), is it the manufacture of the device (most won't be made by BlackBerry anymore), is it the OS (really isn't the OS that once made BlackBerry #1), is it a QWERTY Keyboard along with a Toolbelt (STORM was one of the best selling BlackBerries), for consumers was it the features that BIS offered (history).

As it stands, even after two years, there are more true BlackBerries in the world then there are these new upstart BB10 devices... so if Samsung wanted to start using someone else OS, they might have more luck licensing the Bold form factor and BBOS and making some $100 phones using those.....
    This post gave me cancer... who has proven what your saying ? BlackBerry 10 is infinitely more advanced than bbos. Just because useless features like auto on/off aren't on BlackBerry 10 doesn't mean it's 'proven' anything
    spikesolie likes this.
    01-15-15 10:34 AM
    They do that and am out...Leaving BlackBerry forever.

Posted via CB10
    Short sighted at best. Licensing BB10 would be great for BlackBerry.

More sales of BB10 means more dollars in BlackBerry 's pocket and if it sold well could force Devs to start producing and supporting apps for it.

So cya.

BlackBerry hates America!
    menshawy likes this.
    01-15-15 10:54 AM
    Short sighted at best. Licensing BB10 would be great for BlackBerry.

More sales of BB10 means more dollars in BlackBerry 's pocket and if it sold well could force Devs to start producing and supporting apps for it.

So cya.

BlackBerry hates America!
    True, all I'm saying is licence BB10 to Samsung for their own designed device. It will still be a Samsung device just that it is running BB10.

I don't really have any statistics on what the actual demand for the Hub is but I've seen many articles saying that Android or iOS should copy it from BlackBerry. I've also seen posts on forums by Android users asking for it to be on their favourite device.

Heck even my friends on Android are asking for it. When I asked them to switch to BlackBerry they will say No switching to BlackBerry unless it is over their dead bodies.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 11:22 AM
    I'm curious to know why the majority of you guys saying no? What is your reasons?

Posted via CB10
    Samsung cannot by contract via the Google led Open Handset Alliance make a device that contains an Android fork like BB10 runtime nor can any other OHA member which is the vast majority of handset makers.
    southlander likes this.
    01-15-15 11:33 AM
    This post gave me cancer... who has proven what your saying ? BlackBerry 10 is infinitely more advanced than bbos. Just because useless features like auto on/off aren't on BlackBerry 10 doesn't mean it's 'proven' anything
    Didn't say BB10 wasn't advance or better... just that many people don't see BB10 as BLACKBERRY.

The "proven" part is based on sales and adoption.... When you can't even convert your own userbase, there is a problem. Chen is hoping that adding a Toolbelt is enough to bridge the gap on the hardware end of things. And BES12 has made the migration much easier on the Services end.

The problem I have, is were the users the ones that wouldn't covert to BB10... or was it the Companies that didn't want to be early adopters and that wanted to see where the whole "For Sale" or going out of business issue would go that were the ones that MADE the decision not to adopt BB10.
    01-15-15 11:55 AM

Z1... ? 8-o

That namespace is getting a bit crowded, hey, ...Sony, BlackBerry, now Sammy... ?

�   2015 - already in full swing - berry good ...   �
    01-15-15 07:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    Because BlackBerry bulid quality is more better than samsung's product.

From my Z30
    01-15-15 07:12 PM
    Z1... ? 8-o

That namespace is getting a bit crowded, hey, ...Sony, BlackBerry, now Sammy... ?

�   2015 - already in full swing - berry good ...   �
    Z must mean something, no idea what though... Might just sound good aha

01-15-15 07:30 PM
43 12